with CEU Certificate*
For many of us, our dogs are considered beloved members of our family. They are constantly by our side and we know we can count on them even when it seems as though everyone else has abandoned us.
It is not surprising then that when it comes to caring for our dogs, nothing but the best will do. We care for them as we care for our own children by feeding them, loving them and giving them plenty of attention. We also need to care for them in one other important way: by grooming them on a regular basis.
In this course, we will show you how you can meet all of your dog's grooming needs. From bathing and brushing to nail clipping and even taking care of those nasty anal sacs, we will provide step by step instructions for making sure you do the job right.
Despite what you may think, grooming a dog isn't that difficult to do; all that you need are a few basic supplies, some patience and a handful of treats!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 : Dog Grooming BasicsJust as grooming is an essential part of a human's daily routine, maintaining a regular dog-grooming routine is an important step in maintaining your dog's health.
Lesson 2 : Getting StartedIt should come as no surprise that when it comes to grooming your dog, consistency is one of the keys to success. One of the ways you can provide consistency is to carry out the grooming tasks in the same place each and every time.
Lesson 3 : Getting to Know Your Dog Inside and OutDon't worry, we're not going to get into the complexities of the digestive tract here. However, if you are going to tackle the task of grooming your dog, it is important that you have a basic understanding of its anatomy.
Lesson 4 : Bathing and BrushingIf you have children, what I'm about to say will make a great deal of sense: It takes longer to prepare to give your dog a bath than it does to actually complete the task.
Lesson 5 : Understanding Doggie HygieneOnce you've finished washing your dog's coat, face, and ears, there are still other tasks to complete -- such as nail trimming, tooth brushing, eye care, and some other not-so-pleasant tasks, like taking care of clogged anal sacs.
Lesson 6 : Clipping the CoatClipping your dog's coat for the first time isn't very different from giving your kid their first hair cut: It's an unnerving task, but once you learn the basics, you will be able to clip with confidence.
Lesson 7 : Customized Coat CareDog grooming is not a one-size-fits-all prospect. Much of what you will and won't do to care for your dog's coat will depend on the coat's type and length.
Lesson 8 : The Not-So-Common OccurrencesUntil this point, we have focused on the routine tasks associated with dog grooming. But as we all know, there are times when the routine will be punctuated by some unusual occurrences.
Lesson 9 : Doggie First-AidNo matter how careful are you are, or how many precautions you take, sooner or later, you are going to run into a situation that will require some knowledge of first aid.
Lesson 10 : Time-Saving Grooming TipsAfter completing nine lessons on dog grooming, you might be feeling slightly overwhelmed. Don't despair, grooming your dog isn't nearly as time-consuming or difficult as you might think.
Lesson 11 : Becoming a Professional Dog GroomerSo, let's imagine that you've taken everything you've learned in this course and have become quite good at grooming your dog.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the preparations needed before starting the grooming process.
- Summarize the procedures involved in bathing and brushing a dog.
- Describe what to look for in doggie hygiene.
- Summarize the methods used to clip a dog's coat.
- Describe various customized coat care solutions.+
- Summarize basic doggie first-aid.
- Summarize next steps and career options in becoming a professional dog groomer, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Importance of Dog Grooming||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 : Dog Grooming Basics||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2: Tools Used for Dog Grooming||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 : Getting Started||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Anatomy of Dog||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 : Getting to Know Your Dog Inside and Out||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Handle the Dog with Care||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 : Bathing and Brushing||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Importance of Dog's Hygiene||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 : Understanding Doggie Hygiene||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Clippers for Trimming||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 : Clipping the Coat||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Breeds of Dogs||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 : Customized Coat Care||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Skunk Attack on Dogs||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 : The Not-so-Common Occurrences||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: First Aid Kit and Preventive measures||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 : Doggie First-aid||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Tips for Grooming Dogs||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 : Time Saving Grooming Trip||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11: Getting into Pet Grooming Business||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 : Becoming a Professional Dog Groomer||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||49|
- Dog Training All-In-One: Beginner to Advanced Techniques$90.001.6 CEUs
- Bird Watching 101: Food, Feeders and Behavior$60.000.5 CEUs
- Cat Care and Training 101$70.000.6 CEUs
- Dog Psychology 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Dog Training 101: A Guide for Beginners$60.001.2 CEUs
- Advanced Dog Training$70.000.9 CEUs
- Horseback Riding 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Dog & Cat First Aid, Care & Maintenance$60.000.8 CEUs
- Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners$70.000.8 CEUs