with CEU Certificate*
You just bought your first digital camera and don't know the ins and outs of all those buttons. If that isn't daunting enough, the user's manual is pages thick and intimidating. Well, you've come to the right place.
Owning a great digital camera is no guarantee you will take great pictures. Over the years digital SLRs, and other digital cameras, have become affordable, more powerful and much more complicated. This Digital Photography course is designed to give you a comprehensive overview of digital camera designs and capabilities, and the series of steps to take great photographs. You'll learn about lenses, when to use them and how to select the right lens for your pictures. We take the mystery out of pixels, megapixels, filters, flashes, exposure meters and much more.
You know how important communication is. That's why we'll show you how to shoot photos that will enable others to feel what you do. And we'll show you how to tell a story through your pictures.
This Digital Photography course also teaches you ways to house your special memories forever. Should it be a family reunion, wedding, new baby or that special vacation, you'll learn how to incorporate camera tools to photograph stunning water reflections and mesmerizing sky images. Imagine creating professional looking imagery using your digital camera, the help of your PC and this online class.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 What Is Digital Photography?Digital technology evolved from and is related to the same technology as television cameras. The Bing Crosby Laboratories and a research team funded by Crosby created the first videotape recorder.
Lesson 2: Understanding Your CameraDigital cameras have opened up a world of artistic expression not possible with conventional film photography. For this reason, the more you understand about the sophisticated parts of your camera, the better a photographer you will become.
Lesson 3 Digital Photography and Your Desktop ComputerAt a minimum, your computer should load your pictures onto its hard drive and print them out onto a higher grade paper. This is pretty simple and requires minimum practice to perfect the techniques.
Lesson 4 The Power of LightDaylight photos taken indoors are challenging for the best of photographers. You can improve your daylight photos by keeping a few things in mind.
Lesson 5 Still Life, Group, and Landscape PhotographyStill life has been described as a composition of several lifeless objects brought together by a certain theme. It can include arranging things on a tabletop and using lighting techniques or other still life methods.
Lesson 6 Exposure and Shutter SpeedIn this lesson, we will focus on the technical knowledge necessary for you to take professional-looking pictures. The digital camera, as a technical device, brings many functions into play. One function is digital camera metering.
Lesson 7: People and the EnvironmentThink about what happens when you page through an album of photos. Those photographs grab your attention if they have a subject and interesting surroundings.
Lesson 8: Magical Water PhotographyWe all love to see a rushing stream, a cascading waterfall, or the silky white look of rushing water. There are many layers involved to shooting a great water picture, or for that matter, any great picture.
Lesson 9: Improving Your Camera TechniquesYou have owned a digital camera for quite a while, yet you are just not satisfied with the way your photos are turning out. You think it could have something to do with your camera techniques.
Lesson 10: Understanding Image QualitySome of you are probably thinking, "What the heck are CMYK and RGB?" To explain, this is something you would need to be aware of if you decide to become a professional photographer and have a need to deliver "press-ready" digital photos.
Lesson 11: Black and White is BackIn a digital camera world, if you do not want the sky to be plain blue, you can change the color in a digital imaging program. There are photographers who would not even consider using camera filters as an option.
Lesson 12: PortraitsPortrait lenses are designed for the photographer who is passionate about people. Before you set out to buy a portrait lens, you need to own a digital single lens reflex (SLR) camera.
Lesson 13: Creative Tips for Your Photography Hobby or CareerMany photographers, perhaps even you, hope to become professionals and spend time hoping someone will give them their first assignment.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what digital photography is.
- Describe the basic functions and features of a digital camera.
- Describe how digital photography utilizes the desktop PC.
- Summarize the usage of light in taking pictures.
- Summarize techniques used in travel photography.
- Describe exposure and shutter speeds and how they affect photography.
- Describe the best ways to photograph people.
- Describe image quality and what to do to enhance it.
- Create black and white pictures.
- Demonstrate portrait picture taking, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 What is Digital Photography||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Understanding Your Camera||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Digital Photography and Your Desktop Computer||Exam||6|
|Lesson 4 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 The Power of Light||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Travel Photography||Exam||8|
|Lesson 6 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exposure & Shutter Speed||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 People and The Environment||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Magical Water Photography||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Improving Your Camera Techniques||Exam||8|
|Lesson 10 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Understanding Image Quality||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Black and White is Back||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Assignment C||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Portraits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 Creative Tips For Your Photography Hobby/Career||Exam||10|
- PowerPoint 2007$65.001.0 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate$70.001.7 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs