Online Class: Psychology 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Why not learn the basics of psychology with our online course designed to give students the most flexibility and independence? Psychology 101 is a comprehensive class providing an up-to-date presentation of the fundamentals of psychology. It's an excellent resource for any age student curious to learn about the extensive amounts of knowledge explaining human behavior.
This user-friendly course will cover topics that will help your understanding of behavior and you'll learn the many theories that explain the complexities of human interactions. You'll find topics that dissect the brain to understand the thinking process; topics on the theorists and contributions of Pavlov, Skinner and Thorndike; topics on the influence of personality theorized by Freud; topics on the world of social psychology, and much more.
If you're pursuing any of the numerous career options involving the vast field of psychology or you're a non-academic hobbyist and life-long learner, this course will provide a solid introduction.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: PsychologyThis lesson defines psychology and reviews many of the important dates and individuals who have contributed to this science.
Lesson 2: ResearchThis lesson looks at the different methodologies and benefits of research.
Lesson 3: Understanding the Biology of Behavioral NeuroscienceThis lesson explores the relationship between biology and psychology.
Lesson 4: Understanding the Influence of Perception and the Other Five SensesThis lesson describes how our five senses impact our perceptions.
Lesson 5: States of ConsciousnessThe connection between conscious and unconscious behaviors which effect personality.
Lesson 6: CognitionThis lesson explains how cognitive science explores the mental processes of memory, language, and problem solving.
Lesson 7: Process of LearningHow we process information that yields long-term behavior patterns.
Lesson 8: Understanding MemoryThis lesson explores what processes we use to recall information
Lesson 9: Understanding LanguageThis lesson describes how the human brain comprehends and produces language.
Lesson 10: Child DevelopmentThis lesson describes the milestones of development from birth to five years and identifies the signs of developmental delays.
Lesson 11: Adolescence and Adulthood DevelopmentThis lesson describes the developmental markers and challenges that occur between childhood and adulthood.
Lesson 12: Understanding IntelligenceThis lesson discusses the definition of intelligence and the ways it can be measured.
Lesson 13: Human Sexuality and Gender Role DevelopmentThis lesson discusses human sexuality, gender traits and role development.
Lesson 14: Personality Theory and AssessmentIn this lesson, we identify the factors that make each person's personality "unique" and discuss the theories of Sigmund Freud and others.
Lesson 15: Psychological DisordersThis lesson focuses on symptoms and names given to abnormal behavior and distress associated with psychological disorders and some of their treatments.
Lesson 16: TherapiesThis lesson explains modern day therapies and the most influential psychologists throughout history.
Lesson 17: Social PsychologyThis lesson describes how one's social awareness and close relationships influence behavior and perceptions.
Final ExamFinal exam
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define psychology.
- Describe the research behind psychology.
- Summarize biology of behavioral neuroscience.
- Summarize influence of perception and the other five senses.
- Summarize states of consciousness.
- Summarize cognition.
- Describe the process of learning, memory, and language.
- Describe child development.
- Describe adolescence and adulthood development.
- Define intelligence.
- Define human sexuality and gender role development.
- Summarize personality theory and assessment.
- Summarize psychological disorders.
- Describe psychological therapies.
- Define social psychology, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Specialized Fields in Psychology||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||18|
|Descriptive Methods of Research||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||19|
|Understanding How Biology Affects Behavior||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||16|
|Appreciating the Senses||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||18|
|Testing Your Memory||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||19|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||19|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||19|
|How Language Evolves||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||17|
|Early Childhood Education||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assessing Adolescent Development||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||16|
|Gender Role Development||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||20|
|Cattell's Sixteen Personality Factor Model Theory||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||18|
|Personality Disorders & Pop Culture||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||19|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||19|
|How Society can Influence our Decisions||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||17|
|The Final Exam||Exam||150|
- "It was very substantial and comprehensive yet concise and well designed and edifying." -- Bernard P.
- "I thought the essay-type assignments were very helpful in understanding and applying the info provided in the chapters. I also liked that there were online links for further info for every chapter....I thought this was a very good introduction to Psychology - very much worth what I paid." -- Susan S.
- "The lessons in general are very well exposed and the order of the topics makes it much easier to understand the whole picture." -- Ximena H.