Online Class: Business Management
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
We begin by examining the various disciplines and levels in business management and give you hints on how to get a management job in your company. In lesson 2 we cover areas of financial management such as types of capital, debt and equity financing alternatives, a business plan and a budget. Lesson 3 deals with legal and regulatory compliance issues. Human resources and personnel issues are discussed in Lesson 4.
Sales management fundamentals – the sales cycle, customer relationships and pricing – make up lesson 5. We examine the marketing functions (lesson 6) right after sales functions because the two disciplines work hand-in-hand to drive business. Lesson 7 covers some key accounting principles and practices. Inventory control techniques make up Lesson 8, focusing on the role of inventory control, the processes involved and control mechanisms used.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1 : Business BasicsChoosing a Business
Your Career Path, Self-Employment or Employee, Large vs. Small, The Independent Contractor, Internet Opportunities
Opening Your Doors: Startup Needs, Your Storefront, Now You Need Customers
Lesson 2 : Financial ManagementCapital: Startup, Growth
Borrowing Money: Debt, Equity
Pricing: Setting Price, Discounts / Returns
Budgeting: Fixed Costs, Operating Costs
Lesson 3 : Legal and Regulatory ComplianceLegal: Legal Issues vs. Ethical Issues
Compliance Issues: Safety, Discrimination
Regulatory Bodies: Federal Agencies, Interstate / International Regulation
Lesson 4 : Personnel ManagementHiring
Pre-Hire, The Interview, Hired – Now What?
Management: Wages, Schedules, Benefits, Personality Differences
Discipline: Warnings, Suspension, Reporting Offenses
Lesson 5 : Sales ManagementSales Cycle: Prospecting, Closing
Lesson 6 : Marketing PracticesMass Marketing : Collateral Materials, Advertising, Promotions, Direct Response, Building a Brand
Lesson 7 : Accounting PrinciplesAccounting: Do It Yourself, Should You Hire an Accountant?
Lesson 8 : Inventory ControlManagement: Systems, Controls, Storage
Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business OrganizationIt's Tax Time!, Tax Preparation, Get a Professional
Lesson 10 : FulfillmentFulfillment/Delivery: Completing the Order, Website/Storefront/Delivery
Lesson 11 : Information TechnologyLesson 11: Information Technology
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the basic functions needed to run a business.
- Describe financial management systems within a business.
- Describe personnel management within a business.
- Summarize sales management within a business.
- Describe common marketing practices within a business.
- Describe the accounting principles of a business.
- Describe inventory control, fulfillment, taxes, and organization of a business.
- Describe the critical role of Information Technology in a business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Basics of Business Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : Business Basics||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Financing and Significance of Business Planning||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : Financial Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Regulations and Legal Obligations for a Business Firm.||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : Legal / Regulatory Compliance||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4: Basics of Human Resources Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Personnel Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Overview of Sales Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Sales Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Marketing a Product||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Marketing Practices||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7: Accounting or Record Keeping||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Accounting Principles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Role of Inventory Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : Inventory Control||Exam||5|
|Lesson 9: Taxes and Organizational Structure||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business Organization||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10: Filling an Order||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Fulfillment||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Role of IT in Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Information Technology||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||52|
- "I enjoyed doing this course." -- Adriana T.
- "All parts were helpful because they pertain to my job and what am currently doing. It has motivated me and improved my working skills." -- Geoffrey C.
- "Very good instructor, thank you." -- David H.
- "All of the material was helpful. Thank you!" -- LaTasha T.
- "That the instructor was so supportive and always available." -- Michelle P.
- "Outstanding!" -- Patrick Q.
- "Almost everything was important to me. The instructor has done much. I appreciate him." -- Munyazikwiye S.
- View More Testimonials...