Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Reading Body Language, Using it to Your Advantage
In this course you will learn what body language is, about different emotions, how to read body language and how to use the information to your personal and career advantage. You'll learn about cultural differences as it pertains to body language, the power of first impressions and intuition and how to ask the questions and be an active listener when you get responses. Don't shake another hand until you have learned all you can from the information in this course!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Introduction to Body LanguageThis lesson explains how certain gestures, eye contact, and other non-verbal forms of communication can be an indicator of what a person is thinking.
Lesson 2: Body Language BasicsThis lesson describes how posture, angles, and expressions can be read by another person.
Lesson 3: Body Language Varying by GroupThis lesson discusses the concept of body language as it relates to babies and children.
Lesson 4: Body Language That Displays Different EmotionsThis lesson explains how the arms, legs, eyes, head, and posture can be used to determine what a person is feeling.
Lesson 5: How to Read Body LanguageEye contact, nail biting, and facial expressions are just a few of the ways you can read body language.
Lesson 6: Using Body Language to Your Personal AdvantageThis lesson describes how to use your body language to aid in a job search.
Lesson 7: Using Body Language in Your CareerThis lesson discusses how body language skills are used in professional settings.
Lesson 8: Discovering PatternsImitating others' body language can make them feel more comfortable.
Lesson 9: The Power of First ImpressionsBody language will help with that first impression!
Lesson 10: Asking the Right Questions, Listening to the AnswersHow you ask a question can also make a big difference. Positive body language makes an impression.
Lesson 11: The Power of IntuitionThis lesson discusses the relationship between intuition and body language.
Lesson 12: Self ReflectionThis lesson discusses how our self esteem affects our body language, and how others perceive us.
Lesson 13: Supplemental InformationThis lesson gives terminology and related websites.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe basics behind reading body language.
- Describe variations in body language of different groups.
- Identify and describe body language that displays different emotions.
- Summarize body reading techniques and clues.
- Summarize using body language to your personal advantage and to help your career.
- Identify patterns in a person's body language and interpret what they mean.
- Recognize and use the power of intuition.
- Perform self reflection on yourself and analyze your own body language messages, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Assignment 1: Understanding Body Language||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||16|
|Assignment 2: Personal Space - A Cultural Perspective||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||20|
|Assignment 3: Body Language and Children||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||20|
|Assignment 4: Reading Body Language||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||20|
|Assignment 5: Reading Body Language||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 6: Body Language in the Workplace||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 7: Putting Theory into Practice||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||18|
|Assignment 8: Identifying Body Language Patterns||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 9: Making a Good First Impression||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 10: Active Listening||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 11: Understanding Intuition||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||19|
|Assignment 12: Becoming Self Aware||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||20|
- "I like learning about everything in general I feel that to pull one part of the course out would be doing an injustice to the whole class. I felt that the course flowed very well." -- Dustin H.