Course Syllabus: Understanding Learning Styles
with CEU Certificate*
This class is not just for teachers as the information about learning styles can relate to other aspects of everyday life such as business, work, and family.
Some of the fascinating material we cover includes learning styles such as sensory learners, intuitive learners, visual learners, verbal learners, active learners, reflective learners, sequential learners, and global learners.
We cover the beginnings of learning style to include Anthony Gregorc's model, the Dunn and Dunn Learning Styles Model, Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences Model, and Neil Fleming's VARK Learning Style Model. We also look at questionnaires and other tools available to assess learning preferences.
This course is for everyone!
Students of the Understanding Learning Styles class will, after completing the class, have a basic understanding of different learning styles and how they apply to today’s students. Students will learn about:
- the beginnings of learning style theory
- the basics of learning theories such as constructivism
- multiple intelligences and how these apply to learning styles
- assessing learning styles
- difficulties with learning caused by learning styles
- current research
All course materials is provided in this class. There is no need to buy additional resources
Each lesson will include a written assignment.
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|The Final Exam||76|
- Self-Esteem Building During the Elementary and Middle School Years
- Understanding Classroom Management
- Reading Comprehension Help: How to Identify Difficulties in Reading
- Facts and Benefits of Collaboration
- Implementing Choice Therapy in the Classroom Management
- Understanding Phonics
- Literacy Importance: Getting Back to the Basics of Reading
- Emotional Intelligence: Mixed Model
- Unhealthy Self-Esteem Signs
- Problem Solving Strategies: Research/Gathering Data