Course Syllabus: Understanding Learning Styles
with CEU Certificate*
This class is not just for teachers as the information about learning styles can relate to other aspects of everyday life such as business, work, and family.
Some of the fascinating material we cover includes learning styles such as sensory learners, intuitive learners, visual learners, verbal learners, active learners, reflective learners, sequential learners, and global learners.
We cover the beginnings of learning style to include Anthony Gregorc's model, the Dunn and Dunn Learning Styles Model, Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences Model, and Neil Fleming's VARK Learning Style Model. We also look at questionnaires and other tools available to assess learning preferences.
This course is for everyone!
Students of the Understanding Learning Styles class will, after completing the class, have a basic understanding of different learning styles and how they apply to today’s students. Students will learn about:
- the beginnings of learning style theory
- the basics of learning theories such as constructivism
- multiple intelligences and how these apply to learning styles
- assessing learning styles
- difficulties with learning caused by learning styles
- current research
All course materials is provided in this class. There is no need to buy additional resources
Each lesson will include a written assignment.
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|The Final Exam||76|
- The Process of Making Difficult Decisions
- Types of Classroom Management: Assertive Discipline
- Problem Solving Strategies: Research/Gathering Data
- Personality and Emotional Intelligence
- Designing a Comprehensive Discipline Program
- The Relation of Values and Core Beliefs with Building Self-Esteem
- Emotional Intelligence: The Ability Model
- Unhealthy Self-Esteem Signs
- How to Outline and Organize Your Award Winning Speech
- How to Setup the Season as a Basketball Coach