Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
with CEU Certificate*
This research-based introductory course will provide comprehensive information on Emotional and Behavioral disorders. The course material will provide you with information on the following: definitions, characteristics, prevalence, causes, assessment, education service placements, functional behavior assessment, ABA and Positive Behavior Supports, advocacy, and current issues in the field.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Definition of Emotional Disturbance and Behavioral DisordersMany terms are used to describe emotional, behavioral or mental disorders.
Lesson 2: Characteristics of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral DisordersChildren with emotional and/or behavioral problems exhibit a wide range of characteristics that differ in type as well as severity.
Lesson 3: Prevalence of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral DisordersResearch suggests that the identification process, as implemented, is often reactive, subjective, limited by a local lack of culturally and linguistically appropriate assessment tools, driven by institutional needs, and constrained by parental concerns ab
Lesson 4: Causes of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral DisordersBiological/genetic factors such as genetic inheritance, biochemical and neurological abnormality, or even injury to the central nervous system have been linked to serious emotional disturbance.
Lesson 5: Assessment And DiagnosisA multidisciplinary group called an IEP team makes all decisions about a child's special education
Lesson 6: Educational Placements and ServicesIn general, educational environment and service decisions are often driven by the availability of resources
Lesson 7: Functional Behavioral AssessmentIdentifying the underlying cause(s) of a student's behavior, however, or, more specifically, what the student "gets" or "avoids" through the behavior, can provide the IEP team with the diagnostic information necessary to develop proactive instructional st
Lesson 8: Applied Behavior Analysis and Positive Behavior SupportsApplied Behavior Analysis is all about the rules for setting up the environment to enable our kids to learn.
Lesson 9: Advocacy for Students with Emotional Disturbance and Behavioral DisordersTeachers of ED students on elementary, middle school, and high school campuses confront challenges unique to self-contained classrooms.
Lesson 10: Final Exam and Additional ResourcesTake the final exam and review additional classroom resources.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define emotional disturbances and behavioral disorders.
- Describe characteristics of emotional Disturbance/behavioral disorders
- Describe the prevalence of emotional disturbance/behavioral disorders.
- Describe causes of emotional disturbance/behavioral disorders.
- Describe assessment and diagnosis.
- Describe educational placements and services.
- Describe functional behavioral assessment.
- Describe applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports.
- Describe advocacy for students with emotional disturbance and behavioral disorders, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: What is this disability?||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Characteristics||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||42|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Identification Rates||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||48|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Causes||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||41|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Evaluation and Assessment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||33|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: The Results of Placements and Services with Emotional/Behavioral disorders||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||21|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Functional Behavioral Assessment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||38|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Effective Classroom Strategies||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||32|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Improving Outcomes for students with Emotional/ Behavioral disorders||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||42|