with CEU Certificate
Child development may be defined as the various changes that occur for humans (e.g., physical, cognitive, social, and emotional) between birth and adulthood. Child development may also examine changes that occur prenatally (i.e. before birth). The changes that happen before birth and in the early years of life impact us all and shape who we become as adults. Early child development often focuses on the first five years of life.
Child development is a multidisciplinary field which relies on knowledge from several other fields such as psychology, sociology, human development, and the medical field. The study of child development is important to improve outcomes for children and in turn, society as a whole. The following course provides key knowledge of this field. Each lesson includes and introduction, a lesson which contains the major aspects of each topic area, a conclusion section which summarizes the lesson, and a quiz on the lesson. Some lessons also contain helpful online resources for learning more about early childhood development. After taking this course, a person should be familiar with the basics of the field of child development, the four key domains of child development, developmental milestones, and development disabilities.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Basics of Child DevelopmentChild development is a multidisciplinary field that relies on knowledge from several other fields, such as psychology, sociology, human development, and the medical field.
Lesson 2: Prenatal DevelopmentPrenatal development is the earliest stage of human development. It pertains to all of the development that occurs before birth.
Lesson 3: Infant DevelopmentInfant development is the earliest stage of a childs development after birth. In general, the term infant refers to babies between the ages of 0 to 12 months.
Lesson 4: Physical DevelopmentThis lesson covers the key areas of knowledge one should have regarding early childhood physical development, including the development of the body, motor skills, senses, and brain.
Lesson 5: Cognitive DevelopmentThe term cognition refers to how the mind operates and the study of cognitive development focuses on how the mind thinks and learns during the early years of life.
Lesson 6: Emotional and Social DevelopmentThe following lesson covers the key areas of knowledge one should have in regard to early childhood emotional and social development, including the key areas of this type of development.
Lesson 7: Language and Literacy DevelopmentLanguage and literacy development are major domains of early childhood development.
Lesson 8: Developmental MilestonesThe following lesson presents the key milestones that babies and toddlers should reach within their early childhood development.
Lesson 9: Developmental DisabilitiesAccording to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe brain development in early childhood.
- Describe the developmental connections made in early childhood.
- Describe development in infants.
- Describe developments in early language and literacy.
- Describe ways to communicate with your baby.
- Summarize cognitive development from infant to early childhood.
- Describe the emotional and social development of children.
- Summarize the effects of maltreatment on early brain development.
- Describe developmental issues of premature infants.
- Recognize and describe developmental disabilities in children, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||45|
- Early Childhood Development 101$90.000.8 CEUs
- Behavior Management 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Problem Solving Strategies$60.000.6 CEUs
- Acrylic Painting 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.001.0 CEUs
- Autism 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Prenatal Care$65.001.1 CEUs
- How To Coach Youth Basketball$55.000.6 CEUs
- Reading Comprehension 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know$80.001.0 CEUs
- Personality Development$60.001.4 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$85.001.0 CEUs
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher$80.001.0 CEUs
- First Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Second Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders$80.000.9 CEUs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers$80.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$110.001.8 CEUs
- Babysitting 101$75.000.3 CEUs
- Building Children's Reading Skills$65.001.1 CEUs
- How to Teach Reading Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Unit Studies 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers$85.001.0 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges$70.003.0 CEUs