with CEU Certificate*
Are you a teacher having a behavior management problem in the classroom, or a parent with an unruly, uncooperative child? Would you like to know how behavior management works, and how it can help? Suitable for teachers, educators, parents, and college instruction, our Applied Behavior Management course gives a complete overview of behavior management and keys to controlling behavior.
Each lesson defines and explains key terminology in a clear, easy-to-understand format. This 9-lesson course not only provides methods for dealing with problem behavior in children of all ages both at home and at school, it provides an in-depth explanation of the science of behaviorism and explores both classical and operant conditioning theories. This course also gives a complete overview of early key researchers in the field of behaviorism, and discusses their experimental methods and findings.
Information from multiple sources provides accurate, complete information, and embedded links within the chapters provide further reading and information for additional study. Each lesson concludes with a series of true/false and multiple choice questions designed to test retention of the information provided.
Classroom management techniques explored in this course include behavior modification basics for dealing with young children, techniques for the classroom, token economies, the bead system, the ticket system, strategies for parents, behavior management through positive discipline, power teaching, T.E.A.M. discipline, and functional assessments. We'll also explore the various types of aggression, including hostile aggression and passive-aggressive behavior.
Behavioral techniques are easier to implement than you think – once you know how. Our Applied Behavior Management course will help get you on your way to a calmer home and a more organized classroom.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Science of Behaviorism - An OverviewHuman behavior is one of the most pervasive, yet varied, elements of society and interpersonal relations.
Lesson 2: Behavior Modification BasicsWe will explore the basics of behavior modification, discuss application of behavior modification techniques in a non-laboratory setting, and distinguish between behavior modification and behavior management.
Lesson 3: Managing Challenging Behavior in Young ChildrenMisbehavior motivations are the underlying cause, or causes, of why misbehavior occurs.
Lesson 4: Behavior Management Strategies for ParentsIt is never too early to convey to children that they, alone, are responsible for the results of their behavior.
Lesson 5: Strategies for the ClassroomThis lesson will explore the particulars of behavior management and introduce its application in the classroom.
Lesson 6: Using a Token Economy to Manage Student BehaviorOne tangible, excellent way to encourage appropriate student behavior is by implementing a token economy.
Lesson 7: The Bead System and the Ticket SystemThe bead system offers attractive, yet intangible, rewards for desired behaviors.
Lesson 8: Behavior Management Through Power Teaching, T.E.A.M. Discipline, and Positive DisciplineOne of the biggest challenges for teachers is keeping the attention of the class. In this lesson, we will explore methods that help accomplish this.
Lesson 9: Using Functional Assessments to Manage the Behavior of Hostile, Aggressive StudentsA functional assessment defines behavior in measurable terms; results are used to design consequences associated with certain behavior(s).
Final ExamFinal Exam
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize strategies for managing behavior in the classroom setting.
- Describe the major behavior management techniques for parents.
- Demonstrate how to manage more challenging behaviors in young children.
- Summarize the basic ideas of behavior modification.
- Describe the bead system and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Describe the Token Economy and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Describe the Ticket System and how it is used to promote good behaviors.
- Summarize behavior management via Power Teaching.
- Summarize behavior management using TEAM Discipline.
- Describe Positive Discipline, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||46|
- Unit Studies 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Autism 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Anger Management 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$110.001.8 CEUs
- Counseling Psychology 101$75.001.4 CEUs
- Organizational Psychology 101$110.000.8 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Psychology 101$90.001.6 CEUs
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges$70.003.0 CEUs
- Sociology 101$90.001.5 CEUs
- Special Education: Foundations, Behavior, Curriculum, Instruction, and Evaluation$110.003.0 CEUs
- Special Ed: Effective and Significant Approaches$55.000.9 CEUs