Online Class: Event Planning 101
with CEU Certificate*
Event planning is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner, nor is a certificate or any other formal training--although any training and/or education you can receive would certainly be very beneficial and give you an edge over others just starting out.
Those who are brand new to the field of event planning can earn excellent money in this career path, and the benefits and salary only increase with the event planner's contacts, networking and skill level. Those at the top of their game can earn in excess of millions per year.
There are ten comprehensive lessons written in an easy to follow, informative manner. The end of each lesson will provide you with multiple summary review questions so that you may effectively test your new found knowledge. We encourage you to use these self-test questions to determine whether you are ready to move on to the next lesson or if you should review portions of the preceding lesson before taking the next step. Don't rush yourself. Take the time to read all portions of the lessons and complete the exercises and self-tests. Making full use of this course, in its entirety, is the first step in getting more of what you want in life and business.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
- Lesson 1: What Is an Event Planner?
- Lesson 2: The Importance of Networking to the Event Planner
- Lesson 3: The Major Types of Event Planning
- Lesson 4: Corporate Event Planner Basics
- Lesson 5: Wedding Planner Basics
- Lesson 6: Special Party & Celebration Event Planner Basics
- Lesson 7: A Birds Eye View of Planning a Single Event
- Lesson 8: A Bug's Eye View of Planning a Single Event
- Lesson 9: Details that Make a Difference
- Lesson 10: Starting Your Own Event Planning Service
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz along with one or two assignments. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|1A: Introduce Yourself||5|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||30|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Event Planning Defined||200|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam:The Importance of Networking to the Event Planner||190|
|Lesson 3, Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam:The Major Types of Event Planning||190|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam:Corporate Event Planner Basics||190|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam:Wedding Planner Basics||200|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam:Special Party & Celebration Event Planner Basics||190|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam:A Birds Eye View of Planning a Single Event||190|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam:A Bugs-Eye View of Planning a Single Event||190|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam:Details that Make a Difference||200|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam:Starting Your Own Event Planning Service||200|
- Online Business: How to Find Your Market
- Grant Writing: How to Create Doable Action Plans with Achievable Timelines
- Expanding Your Internet Marketing
- Skills a Travel Agent Requires
- Event Planner Help: The Timeline of a Successful Event
- Dealing with Special Situations for Waiter and Waitress Training
- Internet Marketing: How To Deal with Personal Writings, Opinion Pieces and Blogs of Your CEO
- How to Set Up a Home-Based Travel Agency
- Understanding Kitchen Hygiene and Sanitation
- The Benefits of Working Online