with CEU Certificate
About This Course
This course was designed to teach you what you need to know to use Adobe InDesign 6. If you've used prior versions before, this course will show you how to navigate the newest release and use the updated features. However, if you've never used InDesign before, this course will start out with the very basics and work its way into the advanced features so, that by the time you're finished, you will be able to proficiently use InDesign to create your projects.
That said, we put together this course in a way that everyone, regardless of experience, will be able to learn the program. Each lesson covers a different aspect of InDesign. This first lesson, for example, teaches you how to navigate the program. Within each lesson are real world examples. You won't just be told how to do something. We'll walk you through step by step. At the end of every lesson, you'll find a lesson exercise. These are questions about what you've just learned to help you review and test your knowledge. You'll also find lesson assignments. Lesson assignments will not affect your course grade. They are completely optional. The lesson assignments are to help you put what you've learned into practice.
It's important to note that it is not required that you have access to Adobe InDesign CS6. You can take and pass this course without so much as opening the program. However, if you don't have access to the program, but would like to use it while you work on the course, you can download a free 30 day trial from the Adobe website. No credit card is required for the trial. All you will need to do is create an Adobe user ID if you don't already have one.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Adobe InDesignAdobe InDesign is used to create things such as posters, brochures, flyers, magazines, newspapers, and even books.
Lesson 2: Creating and Viewing DocumentsIn this lesson, we're going to learn how to view and create documents.
Lesson 3: Understanding Your WorkspaceIn this lesson we will go over the workplace tools.
Lesson 4: PagesIn this lesson we're going to show you how to work with the pages within the document.
Lesson 5: Working with TypeThis lesson is going to focus on teaching you everything you need to know about working with type in InDesign.
Lesson 6: Working with GraphicsWith other programs, you usually use an Insert command to insert text or an image. However, with InDesign, you use the Place command.
Lesson 7: Formatting ObjectsIn this lesson we will learn about unassigned frames that we can use to create shapes, then fill those shapes with fill and stroke color to add to our layout.
Lesson 8: Working with ColorIn this lesson we will learn about the many tools you can use to add and store color in your work.
Lesson 9: Points and PathsIn this lesson, we're going to learn about InDesign's pen tools, as well as creating simple and complex paths.
Lesson 10: Managing and Transforming ObjectsKnowing how to create objects and shapes is only half the battle with InDesign. Knowing how to manage those objects will be key to using InDesign successfully.
Lesson 11: Character and Paragraph FormattingIf you've ever used a word processing program, then you're probably already pretty familiar with the character and paragraph formatting options available to you in InDesign CS6. In this lesson we will go over all of these tools.
Lesson 12: Using StylesIn this lesson we will demonstrate how to set up text styles such as character styles, paragraph styles and object styles.
Lesson 13: TablesTables organize information into rows and columns. This lesson will demonstrate how to insert and customize tables in this program.
Lesson 14: Long and Interactive DocumentsIt's safe to say in today's digital publishing age that InDesign is the most useful program out there for putting together long documents and books for various formats.
Lesson 15: Packaging and PrintingThis final lesson will demonstrate how to package and print your finished document in InDesign.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what Adobe InDesign is and how it can be used.
- Demonstrate creating and viewing documents as well as navigating your workspace
- Demonstrate page creation and working with type.
- Demonstrate working with graphics and formatting objects.
- Demonstrate working with color, points, and paths.
- Demonstrate managing and transforming objects.
- Demonstrate character and paragraph formatting and using styles.
- Demonstrate table usage.
- Long and Interactive Documents
- Demonstrate packaging and printing with Adobe InDesign, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1: Introduction to Adobe InDesign CS6||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2: Creating and Viewing Documents||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3: Understanding Your Workspace||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 4: Pages||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5: Working with Type||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6: Working with Graphics||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7: Formatting Objects||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 8: Working with Color||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 9: Points and Paths||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10: Managing and Transforming Objects||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11: Character and Paragraph Formatting||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 12: Using Styles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 13: Tables||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 14: Long and Interactive Documents||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 15: Packaging and Printing||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||70|
- MS Publisher 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Acrobat 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Quicken 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Access 2013$75.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Advanced Excel 2013$75.001.7 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Pinterest$45.000.3 CEUs
- Excel 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 7$50.001.4 CEUs
- QuickBooks Online Essentials$80.001.0 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs