with CEU Certificate*
Qualified restaurant managers are always in demand. They earn salaries far above the national average ($45K-$60K and higher), receive generous benefit packages and bonuses, rapid promotions and opportunities for travel. But that's really just the "icing on the cake". Restaurant managers learn, apply and continually improve a myriad of business skills adaptable to scores of other industries. Sales, marketing, human resources, customer service, shipping and receiving, maintenance, food and beverage preparation and accounting are all in a day's work...you'll truly 'have a finger in every pie'. In addition, you'll meet, interact with and satisfy every conceivable restaurant guest, and have the opportunity to be a true leader, a role model and a positive force in the lives of hundreds of your associates.
And let's not forget those autographed photos of you with Jack Nicholson or Tiger Woods, thanking you for one of their best nights on the town in a long time.
Ready to Dig In?
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson One : Overview of the HouseWithin the hospitality industry, restaurant staff members refer to their workplaces as "The House."
Lesson Two: Goals, Safety, and ProfitsAs a restaurant manager, you will have many goals beyond the personal.
Lesson Three: Customer Service EssentialsCustomer service, and the retention of customers, will always be paramount for the success of any restaurant business. Statistics reveal that if a diner has a positive experience in a restaurant, they will tell three friends about it.
Lesson Four: Guest Recovery and Problematic GuestsGood waiters will do everything they can to ensure a guest's satisfaction. On the off chance they're unable to satisfy a guest, you the manager, will have to step in. This is where guest service becomes guest recovery.
Lesson Five: Hiring and Team-BuildingYour effectiveness as a manager is directly related to your ability to relate to people, and the quality of your interactions with your staff.
Lesson Six : TrainingThe training period of your employees should be thorough enough to cover the following areas: Rules and regulations, leadership structure throughout the restaurant (chain of command), and safety regulations, and others.
Lesson Seven: SchedulingUnderstaffing leads to overworked employees, poor service, and staff members cutting corners to accomplish their tasks -- potentially causing food safety issues, accidents and equipment damage.
Lesson Eight: Supervision, Counseling, and DisciplineBeyond interviewing and scheduling, the bulk of managerial work is in supervision. Excellence in supervision means achieving positive results through people.
Lesson Nine: Controlling Food and Beverage CostsAs a manager, you may not have much direct involvement with the food products that go into the kitchen, but items used for the Front of the House are almost always that manager's direct responsibility.
Lesson Ten: Maximizing RevenueYou might actually enjoy periods of time when business is slow in your restaurant; the workday is less stressful, you have fewer guests to take care of, and you get to go home early.
Lesson Eleven: Sanitation, Liability, and Legal ConsiderationsRestaurants, like any other business, are unfortunately often targets of lawsuits, and their managers must be the first line of defense. Your restaurant or employees can, in some cases, be liable for any injuries or illnesses received by guests.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the components of the restaurant business.
- Summarize goals, safety and profits.
- Describe customer service essentials.
- Summarize guest recovery and problematic guests.
- Describe hiring and team-building.
- Summarize training.
- Summarize scheduling.
- Describe supervision, counseling and discipline.
- Describe controlling food and beverage costs.
- Summarize maximizing revenue.
- Summarize sanitation, liability and legal considerations, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson One Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson One: Overview of the House||Exam||8|
|Lesson Two Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Two: Goals, Safety and Profits||Exam||9|
|Lesson Three Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Three: Customer Service Essentials||Exam||8|
|Lesson Four Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Four: Guest Recovery and Problematic Guests||Exam||10|
|Lesson Five Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson Five: Hiring and Team-building||Exam||10|
|Lesson Six Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Six : Training||Exam||10|
|Lesson Seven Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson Seven: Scheduling||Exam||10|
|Lesson Eight Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson Eight: Supervision, Counseling And Discipline||Exam||9|
|Lesson Nine Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Nine: Controlling Food And Beverage Costs||Exam||10|
|Lesson Ten Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Ten: Maximizing Revenue||Exam||10|
|Lesson Eleven Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Eleven: Sanitation, Liability And Legal Considerations||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||540|
- Retail Business 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Tex Mex Cooking 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration$95.001.1 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Italian Cooking 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Team Management$60.001.0 CEUs
- Travel Agent 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Kitchen Sanitation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Waiter and Waitress Training 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Concierge 101: How to Run a Personal Service Business$60.001.1 CEUs
- Restaurant Management 101$70.000.9 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Time Management 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Hotel Management 101$65.000.9 CEUs
- Project Management 101$90.000.8 CEUs
- Bartending and Mixology 101$65.001.0 CEUs