Course Syllabus: Counseling Psychology 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a counselor is.
- Summarize the basic skills needed to be a successful counselor.
- Evaluate whether or not you could be a counselor.
- Describe career options for counseling in the private sector.
- Summarize the major counseling techniques.
- Describe the law and legal issues behind counseling.
- Summarize counselor self-care strategies.
- Summarize what counseling skills a social worker needs.
- Compare and contrast counseling techniques in diverse environments.
- Summarize ethical guidelines a counselor needs to follow, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 1 What is a Counselor||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 2 Developing Basic Counseling Skills||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 3 Are You A Candidate For A Counseling Career?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Counseling In Private Sector||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Mastering Counseling Techniques||Exam||7|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Legal and Ethical Issues||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Popular Counseling Specialties||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Counseling Arrangements||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Counselor Self-Care Strategies||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 The Social Worker||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Counseling In Diverse Environments||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Business Aspects of Counseling||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Record Keeping And Ethical Guidelines||Exam||8|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 Counseling Based Communication Skills||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||65|
- Delegation Keys to Success: Communication
- The Study of Socialization and the Life Cycle
- How to Remove Barriers to Creativity to Enhance the Decision Making Process
- Avoiding Reverse Delegation as a Manager
- Examining Anxiety Disorders
- Inspiring Teams and Organizations to Use Critical Thinking
- How to Find the Best Employees
- Identifying and Prioritizing Needs and Risks in Strategic Planning
- Advantages of Teamwork in Problem Solving Strategies
- Assertiveness Training Requires Effective Communication