Vegetable Gardening 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
"Vegetable Gardening" is a 12-part course that is designed for beginners to gardening. If you're interested in learning how to set up, design, and cultivate a vegetable garden, you will find the tips and advice in this course to be a helpful way to get started and to keep your garden growing for years to come.
This course will offer you the basics of how to create a garden in your space, while also helping you prepare the soil, choose the right fertilizers, and prevent weeding troubles. Additionally, you will learn about organic gardening, as well as container gardening when space is limited.
Each section is designed to give you an overview of what gardening techniques have been proven to be effective, while also leaving space for you to insert your own unique hands-on knowledge. To ensure you have learned the lesson, a summary, True/False section, and Multiple Choice section ends the course section.
With each new lesson, you build upon the lesson that came before, allowing you to begin the process of vegetable gardening, as you are learning about it. While this course is primarily for those new to gardening, those who are experienced may also find advice and tips they may not have used before – i.e. garden restorative plants, learning which plants to grow side by side for better harvests, etc.
"Vegetable Gardening" is a simple course that prepares you for beginning to grow your own vegetables right in your backyard. In just a few short sections, you'll be ready to dig into the soil and harvest the rewards of your hard work.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: IntroductionIn this course, you will learn more about the ways in which you can set up and maintain a vegetable garden.
Lesson 2: Why Plant Your Own Vegetables?Even people without green thumbs are thinking about growing food because there are a number of good reasons to do so.
Lesson 3: The Best Vegetables to GrowIf you're starting to grow vegetables in your garden, it can help to start off with some of the easier vegetables to grow.
Lesson 4: Planning Your GardenWhen you're starting to think about vegetable gardening, you can save yourself time and resources by planning out your garden ahead of item.
Lesson 5: Preparing Your SoilIf you are looking to have a successful gardening experience, preparing your soil properly can be the best use of your time.
Lesson 6: Starting Your PlantsJust as you can prepare your soil ahead of time, you will also want to prepare your plants ahead of time.
Lesson 7: Handling Weeds in the GardenWhat you need to know about weeds is that they are going to grow wherever they are allowed to grow.
Lesson 8: Fertilizing Your GardenWhen you want to grow larger harvests in your backyard, you might begin to think about fertilizers.
Lesson 9: How to Harvest Your VegetablesAll you need to do now is to learn when and how to harvest your vegetables so that you're getting the best results and taste.
Lesson 10: Keeping Your Soil Ready for the Next SeasonAfter the harvest is the time when you can prepare your garden for next year or for the next growing cycle to begin.
Lesson 11: How to Achieve a Big HarvestWith the following tips and advice, you can increase the number of harvests you have in some cases, while also increasing the size and consistency of other harvests you have.
Lesson 12: Organic Gardening for VegetablesOrganic methods might use fewer products and chemicals, but there are additional things you need to keep in mind.
Lesson 13: Container GardeningContainer gardening offers you the opportunity to create a garden, no matter where you might be.
Conclusion and ResourcesConclusion and resources.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Identify why plant your own vegetables.
- Identify the best vegetables to grow.
- Describe planning your garden and preparing your soil.
- Summarize methods to start planting and how to handle weeds.
- Describe methods and techniques for fertilizing your garden.
- Summarize how to harvest your vegetables and keeping your soil ready for the next grow season.
- Summarize methods on how to achieve a big harvest.
- Define container gardening, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||30|
- "What was most helpful were the essays made you think about the topic-when you are typing you are thinking more about the lesson and retaining it. This is productive for learning." -- Bobbette F.
- "Good instructor!" -- Ron B.
- "Enjoyed it very much - excellent instructor." -- Dorothy M.