Travel writing is a fun, interesting and fulfilling career. If your goal is to become a full-time travel writer who is able to live off your income from writing alone, it is important to understand that travel writing, like any other career, requires you to develop specific skills and to have perseverance in order to succeed.
There is a lot of competition in the field of travel writing. Some highly successful writers in this genre have compared their climb to success with those who aspire to become actors, songwriters or musicians. In other words, most aspiring writers work at other jobs while they build a reputation strong enough to financially support themselves on payment for their writing alone. How long it takes you to achieve that goal is dependent upon how ambitious you are and how well you write, but the average is between three and six years. Alternatively, you may only wish to earn extra money as a travel writer and continue working in the field you are already in; perhaps you travel frequently for your current job and feel you have a lot to share with others about the places you visit. You can create a great additional source of income as a travel writer this way.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Determine whether or not you have what it takes to be a travel writer.
- Describe the types of travel writing.
- Create a How-To Write travel article.
- Summarize how and where to sell your work.
- Describe how to retain rights to your work for re-sale.
- Prepare "clips" for editors, agents and publishers.
- Summarize how to handle rejection gracefully.
- Summarize creating article and book proposals.
- Recognize when to include photographs.
- Describe ways to build your platform and expertise.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||8 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10 points|
|The Final Exam||48 points|