Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Have you ever wanted to be a landlord? This multi-faceted career can be challenging and rewarding both personally and financially. Our course provides a broad yet detailed examination of the many areas that a property manager must blend together to be successful. Lesson 1 asks the question: are you ready to be a landlord? It focuses on the disciplines involved in property management and discusses planning and goal setting. In Lesson 2, you'll discover the benefits of commercial and residential properties, and what types of tenants will be renting from you. We explain what to do before purchasing a property and how to make an offer in Lesson 3.
Ownership rights and responsibilities are discussed in Lesson 4, including laws and regulations you must abide by. Lesson 5 examines the financial factors to consider and how to set rental prices. You'll learn how to choose the best tenants and how to attract them to your property in Lesson 6. Dealing with tenants (and how to avoid bad ones) makes up Lesson 7.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Request More Information
Lesson 1. A Career in Income Property Management
Lesson 2. Property Types
Lesson 3. Buying Your Property
Lesson 4. Rights and Responsibilities
Lesson 5. Financial Considerations
Lesson 6. Tenants
Lesson 7. Dealing with Tenants
Lesson 8. Tenant Issues
Lesson 9. Creating a Lease
Lesson 10. Property Maintenance
Lesson 11. Financing
Lesson 12. Selling Your Property
Additional Course Information
- "Very good course and instructive. " -- Manfredt C.
- "I am very interested in real estate, and the information in lessons 1-12 were all very helpful. When you are learning something new it's all important. Thank You Very Much." -- Emmitt M.
- "This course is great for people who are looking forward to become property managers. I have learned a lot and the instructor's feedback on my assignments also helped me to understand better as well." -- Dora P.
- "I think the whole course was helpful. It covered a wide range of topics. I really liked the way it was presented. Very clear. " -- Aldarico D.
- "I have no complaints." -- Dinorah G.
- "Many of the marketing ideas were great and some were immediately useful to me." -- Tommy H.
- "Good course and instructor." -- Leonard Q.
- View More Testimonials...