Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Have you ever wanted to be a landlord? This multi-faceted career can be challenging and rewarding both personally and financially. Our course provides a broad yet detailed examination of the many areas that a property manager must blend together to be successful. Lesson 1 asks the question: are you ready to be a landlord? It focuses on the disciplines involved in property management and discusses planning and goal setting. In Lesson 2, you'll discover the benefits of commercial and residential properties, and what types of tenants will be renting from you. We explain what to do before purchasing a property and how to make an offer in Lesson 3.
Ownership rights and responsibilities are discussed in Lesson 4, including laws and regulations you must abide by. Lesson 5 examines the financial factors to consider and how to set rental prices. You'll learn how to choose the best tenants and how to attract them to your property in Lesson 6. Dealing with tenants (and how to avoid bad ones) makes up Lesson 7.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Request More Information
Lesson 1. A Career in Income Property Management
Lesson 2. Property Types
Lesson 3. Buying Your Property
Lesson 4. Rights and Responsibilities
Lesson 5. Financial Considerations
Lesson 6. Tenants
Lesson 7. Dealing with Tenants
Lesson 8. Tenant Issues
Lesson 9. Creating a Lease
Lesson 10. Property Maintenance
Lesson 11. Financing
Lesson 12. Selling Your Property
Additional Course Information
- "I have no complaints." -- Dinorah G.
- "Many of the marketing ideas were great and some were immediately useful to me." -- Tommy H.
- "Good course and instructor." -- Leonard Q.
- "The total scope of the course and what would be involved in becoming a Property Manager was most helpful. It emphasized the many areas you would have to know to be successful. The course was very useful and the instructor was encouraging. " -- Blair W.
- "The class was a great experience for me and I am glad that they have schools like this to help people." -- Jonathan P.
- "I absolutely enjoyed this course. I felt that the reading material was easy to read and understand. My husband and I have purchased a couples of 3 flat buildings. I feel that the course has been very helpful, I have learned a lot by taking this course. Now the knowledge that I have gained by taking this course will be helpful to us in being landlords." -- Doris C.
- "My course instructor was excellent." -- Bryan S.
- View More Testimonials...