Nonfiction writing is the most common and broadly dispersed form of writing known to mankind. Nonfiction is based in truth, experience, events or in all of them. It is what the reporter reports; what the biographer writes; what the course writer explains. Everything that is not imagination and invented by the creative mind is nonfiction.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Summarize how to think like an editor.
- Define article, project and book.
- Identify subject, title and subtitles.
- Research your subject.
- Review your competition.
- Identify structure and organization.
- Summarize what to do when you hit a block.
- Identify what needs to be polished for your audience.
- Perform spelling and grammar check.
- Edit and edit again.
- Fact check and provide proper notation.
- Demonstrate layout, proper spacing and format, and submit your finished product.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 1: Before You Start, Think Like An Editor||8 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 2: Article, Project or Book?||8 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 3: Subject, Title and Subtitles||9 points|
|Lesson 4: Researching Your Subject||9 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 5: Reviewing Your Competition||10 points|
|Lesson 6: Structure and Organization||7 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 7: Writers Write; Getting Comfy in Your Own Skin||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 8: Get To The Finish Line; What To Do When You Hit A Block||10 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 9: Rewriting and Rhythm; Polishing for Your Audience||8 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 10: Spelling, Grammar and Proper Punctuation||9 points|
|Lesson 11: Edit and Edit Again||8 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 12: Fact Checking and Proper Notation||9 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 13: Layout, Proper Spacing and Format – Your Finished Product||9 points|
|The Final Exam||57 points|