Online Class: Interview Skills
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Just a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. With some independent practice, this course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!
Topics will include:
Common Interview Questions
What Employers Want
Attitude and Effort
The Mock Interview
Closing the Interview
Thank You Notes
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Interview PreparationJust a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!
Lesson 2: Common Interview Questions + Questions to Ask Your EmployerInterview questions can be tricky and downright frustrating at times. If you are caught off guard, you are bound to stumble and probably look more than a little dumbfounded.
Lesson 3: What Employers WantDepending on what position you are applying for, an employer could be looking for a multitude of different traits.
Lesson 4: Attitude & EffortYour attitude is the single most important factor in you getting a job. If you have a poor attitude, employers will be immediately turned off by you, and that isn't something most people want.
Lesson 5: Body LanguageThe way you sit up and the way you stand; what you do with your arms, legs, hands, how you hold your head, position of your body compared to another person: all of these things communicate something about yourself and your attitude.
Lesson 6: ResearchThe job market can be a tough place, so a little research pays off more than other, harder things you can do in the meantime.
Lesson 7: The Mock InterviewThe mock interview can be a challenge to get organized and prepared for, but complete a video-taped mock interview with a career counselor/specialist, and you've got one of the best interview tactics available to you.
Lesson 8: Phone InterviewsPreparing for a phone interview is similar to preparing for a normal, in-person interview, but more weight is placed upon organization and written information.
Lesson 9: Behavioral InterviewsBehavioral interviewers ask you questions based on your past experience. You will be analyzed, picked apart; the interviewer will try pretty much anything to catch you in a lie.
Lesson 10: Closing the InterviewClosing the interview is the best time to hit the interviewer with all you've got. This is the perfect time to get in one last word that will help you stand out from the crowd--try to mention something interesting about yourself that somehow relates to yo
Lesson 11: Thank You Notes & Follow-UpsEffective interview follow-up does require a little assessment. Think back to each interview you participated in; then ask yourself some questions about the interview and how it went.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Prepare for the interview.
- Summarize common interview questions and questions to ask your future employer.
- Describe what employers want.
- Summarize proper attitude and effort employers are looking for.
- Describe body language and its impact on the interview.
- Research the company before doing the interview.
- Demonstrate the mock interview.
- Describe what to expect on phone interviews.
- Describe behavioral interviews.
- Summarize how to properly close the interview.
- Send thank-you notes and follow-up emails, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Take Stock of Your Accomplishments||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Preparing Your Answers||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||35|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Sizing up Your Skills||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||32|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Assessing Your Attitude||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Assessing Your Body Language||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Conducting Research||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Preparing for a Mock Interview||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Phone Interview Practice||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Prepping for the Behavioral Interview||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Coming up with your Close||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Writing a Thank You Letter||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||14|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- "He was very prompt at replying and grading everything. I'm so glad I was able to take this course. I can't point out one part because I felt like I took 4 pages of notes on each of the classes! This type of class (or this class exactly) should be mandatory in college!" -- Kyung B.
- "The instructor was great and the feedback was very helpful. The writing assignments forced me to think and learn." -- Frank G.
- "The instructor was great and very encouraging. The entire course was very helpful. I have not had to interview in over 14 years and things have changed. I didn't know how much I didn't know until I took this course. One of the best decisions I have made and would highly recommend it." -- Arrita K.
- "I think every single topic of this course it was extremely helpful to my needs. I never had to interview for the last 24 years therefore the course was just perfect." -- Alma H.
- "I found the entire course useful. It was a big help to write answers out that employers ask. It was also helpful to have a list of questions to ask an employer." -- Beverly D.
- "Everything was helpful. It's been years since I've interviewed for a job and this course helped me understand what employers are looking for today should I lose my current job. The instructor was knowledgeable and presented excellent material." -- Dorothy D.
- "The behavioral interview was most helpful. It seems that this is now the biggest part interviewing today. The video segment that reads the lesson. Having the lesson read aloud made the entire course seem much more like an in person class rather than a dry read." -- Steve S.
- View More Testimonials...