with CEU Certificate*
Just a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. With some independent practice, this course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!
Topics will include:
Common Interview Questions
What Employers Want
Attitude and Effort
The Mock Interview
Closing the Interview
Thank You Notes
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Interview PreparationJust a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!
Lesson 2: Common Interview Questions + Questions to Ask Your EmployerInterview questions can be tricky and downright frustrating at times. If you are caught off guard, you are bound to stumble and probably look more than a little dumbfounded.
Lesson 3: What Employers WantDepending on what position you are applying for, an employer could be looking for a multitude of different traits.
Lesson 4: Attitude & EffortYour attitude is the single most important factor in you getting a job. If you have a poor attitude, employers will be immediately turned off by you, and that isn't something most people want.
Lesson 5: Body LanguageThe way you sit up and the way you stand; what you do with your arms, legs, hands, how you hold your head, position of your body compared to another person: all of these things communicate something about yourself and your attitude.
Lesson 6: ResearchThe job market can be a tough place, so a little research pays off more than other, harder things you can do in the meantime.
Lesson 7: The Mock InterviewThe mock interview can be a challenge to get organized and prepared for, but complete a video-taped mock interview with a career counselor/specialist, and you've got one of the best interview tactics available to you.
Lesson 8: Phone InterviewsPreparing for a phone interview is similar to preparing for a normal, in-person interview, but more weight is placed upon organization and written information.
Lesson 9: Behavioral InterviewsBehavioral interviewers ask you questions based on your past experience. You will be analyzed, picked apart; the interviewer will try pretty much anything to catch you in a lie.
Lesson 10: Closing the InterviewClosing the interview is the best time to hit the interviewer with all you've got. This is the perfect time to get in one last word that will help you stand out from the crowd--try to mention something interesting about yourself that somehow relates to yo
Lesson 11: Thank You Notes & Follow-UpsEffective interview follow-up does require a little assessment. Think back to each interview you participated in; then ask yourself some questions about the interview and how it went.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for the interview.
- Summarize common interview questions and questions to ask your future employer.
- Describe what employers want.
- Summarize proper attitude and effort employers are looking for.
- Describe body language and its impact on the interview.
- Research the company before doing the interview.
- Demonstrate the mock interview.
- Describe what to expect on phone interviews.
- Describe behavioral interviews.
- Summarize how to properly close the interview.
- Send thank-you notes and follow-up emails, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Take Stock of Your Accomplishments||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Preparing Your Answers||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||35|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Sizing up Your Skills||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||32|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Assessing Your Attitude||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Assessing Your Body Language||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Conducting Research||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Preparing for a Mock Interview||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Phone Interview Practice||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Prepping for the Behavioral Interview||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Coming up with your Close||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Writing a Thank You Letter||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||14|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Team Management$60.001.0 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$75.001.0 CEUs
- Electronics 101$90.001.9 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$70.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Introduction to SQL$70.001.7 CEUs
- Management Essentials$60.000.7 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.000.5 CEUs
- Learn HTML - Create Webpages Using HTML5$70.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to CSS$70.001.1 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.000.7 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$85.001.0 CEUs
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact$60.000.5 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- The Art of Breathing$50.001.0 CEUs