Online Class: Interview Skills
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionPreparing for your job interview could very well be one of the most important moments of your career. Landing the perfect job can be a challenge, but with the determination and passion you will need to begin a successful career, you can easily overcome this challenge, and bring a lot of valuable experience with you to the next interview if you don't get the job.
Just a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. With some independent practice, this course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!Topics will include:Common Interview Questions
What Employers WantAttitude and EffortBody Language
The Mock Interview
Closing the Interview
Thank You Notes
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Interview PreparationJust a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!
Lesson 2: Common Interview Questions + Questions to Ask Your EmployerInterview questions can be tricky and downright frustrating at times. If you are caught off guard, you are bound to stumble and probably look more than a little dumbfounded.
Lesson 3: What Employers WantDepending on what position you are applying for, an employer could be looking for a multitude of different traits.
Lesson 4: Attitude & EffortYour attitude is the single most important factor in you getting a job. If you have a poor attitude, employers will be immediately turned off by you, and that isn't something most people want.
Lesson 5: Body LanguageThe way you sit up and the way you stand; what you do with your arms, legs, hands, how you hold your head, position of your body compared to another person: all of these things communicate something about yourself and your attitude.
Lesson 6: ResearchThe job market can be a tough place, so a little research pays off more than other, harder things you can do in the meantime.
Lesson 7: The Mock InterviewThe mock interview can be a challenge to get organized and prepared for, but complete a video-taped mock interview with a career counselor/specialist, and you've got one of the best interview tactics available to you.
Lesson 8: Phone InterviewsPreparing for a phone interview is similar to preparing for a normal, in-person interview, but more weight is placed upon organization and written information.
Lesson 9: Behavioral InterviewsBehavioral interviewers ask you questions based on your past experience. You will be analyzed, picked apart; the interviewer will try pretty much anything to catch you in a lie.
Lesson 10: Closing the InterviewClosing the interview is the best time to hit the interviewer with all you've got. This is the perfect time to get in one last word that will help you stand out from the crowd--try to mention something interesting about yourself that somehow relates to yo
Lesson 11: Thank You Notes & Follow-UpsEffective interview follow-up does require a little assessment. Think back to each interview you participated in; then ask yourself some questions about the interview and how it went.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Interview SkillsCourse Number: 8900101Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.6 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: John ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for the interview.
- Summarize common interview questions and questions to ask your future employer.
- Describe what employers want.
- Summarize proper attitude and effort employers are looking for.
- Describe body language and its impact on the interview.
- Research the company before doing the interview.
- Demonstrate the mock interview.
- Describe what to expect on phone interviews.
- Describe behavioral interviews.
- Summarize how to properly close the interview.
- Send thank-you notes and follow-up emails, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 Assignment: Take Stock of Your Accomplishments Assignment 15 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 15 Lesson 2 Assignment: Preparing Your Answers Assignment 20 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 35 Lesson 3 Assignment: Sizing up Your Skills Assignment 15 Lesson 3 Exam Exam 32 Lesson 4 Assignment: Assessing Your Attitude Assignment 10 Lesson 4 Exam Exam 14 Lesson 5 Assignment: Assessing Your Body Language Assignment 10 Lesson 5 Exam Exam 13 Lesson 6 Assignment: Conducting Research Assignment 20 Lesson 6 Exam Exam 12 Lesson 7 Assignment: Preparing for a Mock Interview Assignment 20 Lesson 7 Exam Exam 13 Lesson 8 Assignment: Phone Interview Practice Assignment 20 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 15 Lesson 9 Assignment: Prepping for the Behavioral Interview Assignment 20 Lesson 9 Exam Exam 13 Lesson 10 Assignment: Coming up with your Close Assignment 15 Lesson 10 Exam Exam 15 Lesson 11 Assignment: Writing a Thank You Letter Assignment 15 Lesson 11 Exam Exam 14 The Final Exam Exam 50 Total Points: 421
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "The instructor was great and very encouraging. The entire course was very helpful. I have not had to interview in over 14 years and things have changed. I didn't know how much I didn't know until I took this course. One of the best decisions I have made and would highly recommend it." -- Arrita K.
- "I think every single topic of this course it was extremely helpful to my needs. I never had to interview for the last 24 years therefore the course was just perfect." -- Alma H.
- "I found the entire course useful. It was a big help to write answers out that employers ask. It was also helpful to have a list of questions to ask an employer." -- Beverly D.
- "Everything was helpful. It's been years since I've interviewed for a job and this course helped me understand what employers are looking for today should I lose my current job. The instructor was knowledgeable and presented excellent material." -- Dorothy D.
- "The behavioral interview was most helpful. It seems that this is now the biggest part interviewing today. The video segment that reads the lesson. Having the lesson read aloud made the entire course seem much more like an in person class rather than a dry read." -- Steve S.
- "It's been many years since I've had to interview for jobs. With the current low economy and high unemployment, I definitely had to update my skills and knowledge about current procedures to be successful. This class has positively provided this advantage, and I feel much more confident to outshine the average candidates to get that job! Thank you for your encouragement, Susan!" -- Lauren B.
- "Course is very interesting and helpful. The instructor is cooperative." -- Neha B.
- View More Testimonials...