Weight Loss Management
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
People decide to lose weight for a multitude of different reasons. For many, improved health is one of the best motivators for lifestyle change, and that is what this online class will focus on: the improved health benefits of weight loss, exercise, improved nutrition, and long-term weight management.
Making a commitment to a healthy lifestyle won't just help you get back into those skinny jeans: It will allow you to set a good example for your children that they can follow into adulthood. It will help you feel better as you go about your normal daily activities. It will improve your endurance so you can do the things you love for longer, without getting tired. It will improve your mood and self-image. It can even save you money.Long-term weight loss involves a complete lifestyle change. It will be uncomfortable at several points in time, and some days it will seem easier to give up. It is important to understand all the obstacles in the way of weight loss so that you can deal with all of them effectively.This study will also provide you with all the information you need to balance your weight over the long term.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: IntroductionPeople come to the idea of weight-loss management for a multitude of different reasons. There are fleeting reasons to manage weight, like swimsuit season, a wedding, or getting in shape to show up your classmates at a high school reunion.
Lesson 2: Health and WeightExcess weight is not just an appearance issue. There's more to weight than feeling unattractive, not being able to fit into cute fashions, or feeling jiggly in a swimsuit. Weight is a serious health risk.
Lesson 3: The Cost of WeightThink you can't afford to join a gym or eat healthy? This section will take a look at the high monetary cost of being overweight.
Lesson 4: Weight AssessmentMost of us have some blind spots when it comes to seeing ourselves as others do, whether it's good or bad. Some of us can be a little insecure, and we see ourselves negatively.
Lesson 5: Eating DisordersThe South Carolina Department of Mental Health estimates that eight million Americans have an eating disorder. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), an eating disorder is marked by extremes.
Lesson 6: Balancing Ins and OutsIn many ways, managing a healthy weight is a lot like managing your finances. If you want to save money, you need to make more than you spend. To do this, you have to cut back your expenses or earn more money without spending more.
Lesson 7: Nutrition for a Healthy WeightNutrition is probably the single most important factor in weight loss management and health maintenance.
Lesson 8: Preparation and BudgetOne theme of good nutrition seems to be taking the time to have a food plan in place. When we get hungry, we just want what is easiest and closest, which is not always what's best for you.
Lesson 9: Exercise for a Healthy WeightWithout even thinking about weight balance, exercise has many positive effects for your health and mental well-being.
Lesson 10: Getting Started With ExerciseOnce you figure out your preferred mode of exercise (the what/when/where issue), remember to start slowly.
Lesson 11: Losing WeightWhen we talk about losing weight, we really mean losing fat. No one wants to lose lean muscle mass or bone;it's that wiggly jiggly stuff we all want to get rid of.
Lesson 12: Maintaining WeightPreviously, we discussed weight loss plateaus, which are points of equilibrium for your body, where calorie ins balance outs on a daily basis, and there is neither weight gain nor loss.
Lesson 13: Parents and Loved OnesMaking a decision to change your lifestyle and take on healthier eating and fitness habits is wonderful. It is just as wonderful to decide to help others in their quest for good health.
Lesson 14: ResourcesAlthough this study may seem long and overwhelming, it just barely scratches the surface of nutrition and exercise.
Lesson 15: ConclusionDuring the course of this study, we have discussed the health risks associated with weight, and the economic costs of weight. We examined ways to assess your weight, and the concept of balancing ins and outs.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Weight Loss ManagementCourse Number: 7550347Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: weightloss.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Eston Dunn, MS, LMTSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $55.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $80.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe why and how weight loss can be managed appropriately.
- Describe the ratio of health and weight.
- Describe the cost of weight.
- Assess your weight.
- Identify and describe eating disorders.
- Describe what it means to have a healthy balance and how to achieve it.
- Describe the nutrition required for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Prepare and budget for your weight.
- Describe the exercise routines required for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Describe the processes for losing weight and what to expect.
- Summarize the nutritional and exercise processes for maintaining weight.
- Describe how to find and use the support from parents and loved ones, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 1. Introduction Exam 10 Lesson 2, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 2 . Health and Weight Exam 10 Lesson 3, Assignment 1 Assignment 30 Lesson 3 :The Cost of Weight Exam 10 Lesson 4, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 4 : Weight Assessment Exam 9 Lesson 5, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 5 : Eating disorders Exam 9 Lesson 6, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 6 ：Balancing Ins and Outs Exam 10 Lesson 7, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 7 : Nutrition for a Healthy Weight Exam 10 Lesson 8, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 8 : Preparation and Budget Exam 10 Lesson 9, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 9 ：Exercise for a Healthy Weight Exam 10 Lesson 10, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 10 : Getting started with Exercise Exam 10 Lesson 11, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 11 : Losing Weight Exam 10 Lesson 12, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 12 : Maintaining Weight Exam 10 Lesson 13, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 13 : Parents and Loved Ones Exam 9 Lesson 14, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 14 : Resources Exam 10 Lesson 15, Assignment 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 15 : Conclusion Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 440 Total Points: 902
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$55for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$80for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I thoroughly enjoyed this class. Especially when the instructor answered personally during classes. I felt that I was really a student in a classroom." -- Darlene M.
- "The content gave accurate and clear info on subject matter that is not publically discussed." -- Tamara W.
- "There was some very good information presented in this course. I enjoyed it." -- Cinnamon H.
- "Good detailed information withoug going over-board. Great friendly prompt instructor and will take more of his classes in the future." -- Sharon S.
- "Instructor was excellent. He always left positive comments, and was timely in grading my assignments and tests. What was most helpful was learning how to calculate BMI, understanding the difference with BMR. The many useful internet links were also very helpful." -- Arin C.
- "Great course, very helpful. Excellent instructor, always offering hope & help." -- Shirley P.
- "I needed to address my weight loss and received excellent information. I am now on the road to losing weight. Thank you so much! " -- Jan F.
- View More Testimonials...