with CEU Certificate*
People decide to lose weight for a multitude of different reasons. For many, improved health is one of the best motivators for lifestyle change, and that is what this online class will focus on: the improved health benefits of weight loss, exercise, improved nutrition, and long-term weight management.
Making a commitment to a healthy lifestyle won't just help you get back into those skinny jeans: It will allow you to set a good example for your children that they can follow into adulthood. It will help you feel better as you go about your normal daily activities. It will improve your endurance so you can do the things you love for longer, without getting tired. It will improve your mood and self-image. It can even save you money.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: IntroductionPeople come to the idea of weight-loss management for a multitude of different reasons. There are fleeting reasons to manage weight, like swimsuit season, a wedding, or getting in shape to show up your classmates at a high school reunion.
Lesson 2: Health and WeightExcess weight is not just an appearance issue. There's more to weight than feeling unattractive, not being able to fit into cute fashions, or feeling jiggly in a swimsuit. Weight is a serious health risk.
Lesson 3: The Cost of WeightThink you can't afford to join a gym or eat healthy? This section will take a look at the high monetary cost of being overweight.
Lesson 4: Weight AssessmentMost of us have some blind spots when it comes to seeing ourselves as others do, whether it's good or bad. Some of us can be a little insecure, and we see ourselves negatively.
Lesson 5: Eating DisordersThe South Carolina Department of Mental Health estimates that eight million Americans have an eating disorder. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), an eating disorder is marked by extremes.
Lesson 6: Balancing Ins and OutsIn many ways, managing a healthy weight is a lot like managing your finances. If you want to save money, you need to make more than you spend. To do this, you have to cut back your expenses or earn more money without spending more.
Lesson 7: Nutrition for a Healthy WeightNutrition is probably the single most important factor in weight loss management and health maintenance.
Lesson 8: Preparation and BudgetOne theme of good nutrition seems to be taking the time to have a food plan in place. When we get hungry, we just want what is easiest and closest, which is not always what's best for you.
Lesson 9: Exercise for a Healthy WeightWithout even thinking about weight balance, exercise has many positive effects for your health and mental well-being.
Lesson 10: Getting Started With ExerciseOnce you figure out your preferred mode of exercise (the what/when/where issue), remember to start slowly.
Lesson 11: Losing WeightWhen we talk about losing weight, we really mean losing fat. No one wants to lose lean muscle mass or bone;it's that wiggly jiggly stuff we all want to get rid of.
Lesson 12: Maintaining WeightPreviously, we discussed weight loss plateaus, which are points of equilibrium for your body, where calorie ins balance outs on a daily basis, and there is neither weight gain nor loss.
Lesson 13: Parents and Loved OnesMaking a decision to change your lifestyle and take on healthier eating and fitness habits is wonderful. It is just as wonderful to decide to help others in their quest for good health.
Lesson 14: ResourcesAlthough this study may seem long and overwhelming, it just barely scratches the surface of nutrition and exercise.
Lesson 15: ConclusionDuring the course of this study, we have discussed the health risks associated with weight, and the economic costs of weight. We examined ways to assess your weight, and the concept of balancing ins and outs.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe why and how weight loss can be managed appropriately.
- Describe the ratio of health and weight.
- Describe the cost of weight.
- Assess your weight.
- Identify and describe eating disorders.
- Describe what it means to have a healthy balance and how to achieve it.
- Describe the nutrition required for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Prepare and budget for your weight.
- Describe the exercise routines required for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Describe the processes for losing weight and what to expect.
- Summarize the nutritional and exercise processes for maintaining weight.
- Describe how to find and use the support from parents and loved ones, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1. Introduction||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 . Health and Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3, Assignment 1||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 3 :The Cost of Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 : Weight Assessment||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 : Eating disorders||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 ：Balancing Ins and Outs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 : Nutrition for a Healthy Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 : Preparation and Budget||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 ：Exercise for a Healthy Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 : Getting started with Exercise||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 : Losing Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12 : Maintaining Weight||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 13 : Parents and Loved Ones||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 14 : Resources||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15, Assignment 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 15 : Conclusion||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||440|
- Weight Training 101$80.001.4 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$90.001.5 CEUs
- All About Herbs$55.000.7 CEUs
- Reiki 1st and 2nd Degree$150.002.2 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Career Coaching$65.001.4 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.1 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.000.6 CEUs
- Yoga 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching$75.001.1 CEUs