The planning process includes everything, like where the patient will receive care, who will care for the patient, what types of treatment they desire and for how long, who will make decisions if they are unable to, what will happen to their assets, who will have custody of their children, and so much more. Since so many questions are left unanswered, the process is even more difficult and yet it is still so important to begin answering all of these questions as soon as possible.
During the patient's illness, the plan will need to be adjusted, but with good communication amongst all of the involved parties--along with teamwork and honesty--everyone can effectively work together with the patient to ensure that the last months of the patient's life are as positive as possible.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Recognize emotions and coping skills.
- Describe communication techniques and etiquette when faced with an end of life care situation.
- Summarize patient planning/end of life planning procedures.
- Describe physical symptoms and pain management techniques.
- Describe in home care.
- Describe palliative care.
- Describe hospice care.
- Identify hospitals and nursing homes and end of life care.
- Identify situations when patients refuse care.
- Summarize legal and financial plans in end of life care issues.
- Summarize what needs to be done and how to cope after the patient is gone.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Motives for Taking this Course||2 points|
|Lesson 1: Emotions & Coping: Patients and Family Members||10 points|
|Lesson 2: Communication||10 points|
|Lesson 3: Patient Planning/ End of Life Planning||9 points|
|Lesson 4: Physical Symptoms & Pain Management||10 points|
|Lesson 5: In Home Care||10 points|
|Lesson 6: Palliative Care||10 points|
|Lesson 7: Hospice||10 points|
|Lesson 8: Hospitals & Nursing Homes||10 points|
|Lesson 9: Refusing Care||10 points|
|Lesson 10: Legal & Financial Plans||10 points|
|Lesson 11: After the Patient is Gone||10 points|
|The Final Exam||50 points|