World War l and ll (Course Bundle)
with CEU Certificate*
Only $115.00* - Save $35.00
have taken this course
Course DescriptionThis course bundle includes the following courses: World War I, and World War ll. You may take these courses in any order you like. If you purchase the CEU Certificate option, you'll receive a separate CEU Certificate for each course you successfully complete.
In this course, the major issues and causes of World War l and ll will be discussed, along with a summary of the major battles, powers, and personalities (both military and political) that shaped the events and ultimate outcome of both epic struggles. This information will give the student a working understanding of the basic history of these wars
With World War l we will learn about the developing political climate in Europe that caused the formation of Alliances, wars were fought over disputed territories, and bitter rivalries were established. What resulted was an epic-scale struggle for the domination of a continent and, perhaps, the world itself. For the first time in the history of warfare, aerial combat was used extensively. The trench-style warfare, complete with artillery fire, barbed wire, and chemical weapons, was unlike any conflict ever seen before. The aftermath of this brutal war would resolve little and, ultimately, pave the way for establishment of Nazi Germany and the next World War.
Everything that had made the First World War such a monumental event was soon eclipsed by the colossal scale and impact of the next. World War II involved more nations and soldiers than any major war before or since. The technology was grander and more deadly. The villains were easily identifiable, worthy adversaries bent on global domination. The resistance to the Axis Powers; comprised of Germany, Japan, and Italy; was pushed to their limit in terms of providing soldiers and war materiel. The epic battles of World War II on land, through the air, and at sea were waged with ferocity unlike any other war--on two fronts.The effects of both World War I and II cannot be underestimated, as they still impact lives and nations to this very day. The political re-structuring that occurred following the defeat of the Axis Powers left the world a very different place: the creation and use of nuclear arms, the establishment of the nation-state of Israel, the division of much of Eastern Europe, the rapid expansion of Communism throughout much of Asia and Europe, the division of Germany, America's rise to superpower status, and far more. Clearly, the aftermath and impact of these events cannot be emphasized enough.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
List of Included Courses
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: World War l and llLanguages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: General EducationCEU Value: 2.7 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsDuration: 6 Month SubscriptionRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $90.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $115.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define World War I terminology.
- Describe the path to world war.
- Summarize important events before the Great War.
- Describe 1914 and the beginning of the war.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--The Western Front.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--Eastern and Italian Fronts.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--beyond Europe.
- Summarize aftermath of the war.
- Summarize notable figures of World War I.
- Define World War II terminology.
- Summarize setting the stage for war: The Fall of the Weimar Republic.
- Summarize Adolph Hitler's Life and career.
- Summarize the other Axis Powers: Italy and Japan.
- Describe the Phoney War.
- Summarize the battles of France and Britain.
- Describe the North African Campaign.
- Summarize the Eastern Front, Italian Campaign, and the Pacific Theatre.
- Summarize the end of the War.
- Summarize the horrors of the Third Reich.
- Summarize the aftermath of World War II.
- Summarize prominent figures of World War II, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Introductions Assignment 5 Assignment 1: Teminiology of WWl Assignment 15 Exam 1: WWl Terminology & Structure Exam 17 Assignment 2: The Path to WWl Assignment 25 Exam 2: The Path to WWl Exam 15 Assignment 3: Events Leading to WWl Assignment 25 Exam 3: Important Events before WWl Exam 16 Assignment 4: 1914- The War Begins Assignment 25 Exam 4: 1914- The War Begins Exam 19 Assignment 5: WWl Battles on The Western Front Assignment 25 Exam 5: The Western Front Battles of WWl Exam 12 Assignment 6: WWl Battles on the Eastern and Italian Fronts Assignment 25 Exam 6: Eastern and Italian Front for Battles of WWl Exam 13 Assignment 7: WWl Battles that took place beyond Europe Assignment 25 Exam 7: Beyond Europe Battles of WWl Exam 19 Assignment 8: The Conclusion and Aftermath of WWl Assignment 25 Exam 8: The Conclusion and AFtermath of WWl Exam 20 Assignment 9: Notable Figures of WWl (Central Powers) Assignment 25 Exam 9: Notable Figures of WWl of Central Powers Exam 19 Assignment 10: Notable Figures of WWl (Entente Powers) Assignment 25 Exam 10: Notable Figure of WWl of Entente Powers Exam 14 Assignment 11: Notable Figures of WWl (Associated Powers) Assignment 25 Exam 11: Notable Figures of WWl (Associated Powers) Exam 14 The Final Exam for WWl Exam 27 Exam 13: Terminology, Part I (WWll) Exam 140 Assignment 12: WWll Personal Interests Assignment 15 Exam 14: Terminology, Part II (WWll) Exam 130 Assignment 13: Nazi Party Rise Assignment 15 Exam 15: Setting the Stage: The Fall of the Weimar Republic Exam 110 Assignment 14: Who was Hitler? Assignment 35 Exam 16: Adolph Hitler's Life & Career Exam 110 Assignment 15: Key Axis People Assignment 20 Exam 17: The Other Axis Powers: Italy and Japan Exam 110 Assignment 16: The Maginot Line Assignment 15 Exam 18: Opening Salvos; Germany Starts the War Exam 110 Assignment 17: The Phoney War Assignment 15 Exam 19: The Phoney War of WWll Exam 20 Assignment 18: Time Line Assignment 15 Exam 20: The Battles of France and Britain Exam 120 Assignment 19: Why Africa? Assignment 15 Exam 21: The North African Campaign Exam 120 Assignment 20: Stalin and Cold Weather Assignment 30 Exam 22: The Eastern Front Exam 150 Assignment 21: Italian Campaign Timeline Assignment 20 Exam 23: The Italian Campaign Exam 110 Assignment 22: United States Involvement Assignment 30 Exam 24: The Pacific Theatre Exam 140 Assignment 23: War Ends Assignment 25 Exam 25: The End of the War: Victories in Europe and Japan Exam 130 Assignment 24: The Holocaust Assignment 25 Exam 26: The Horrors of the Third Reich Exam 140 World War I and World War II: Compare and Contrast Assignment 50 Assignment 25: Israel Assignment 15 Exam 27: The Aftermath of World War II Exam 140 Assignment 26: Hollywood Assignment 15 Exam 28: Prominent Figures of World War II: The Axis Exam 100 Assignment 27: American Involvement Assignment 25 Exam 29: Prominent Figures of World War II: The Allies Exam 120 Total Points: 2855
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$90for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$115for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "[The instructor] had done an excellent job in compiling the information into well-organized lessons that were concise and easy to read. I especially enjoyed completing the assignments, as the topics certainly added to the lessons. This is an enlightening course that I would highly recommend to any one who interested in the battles and results of the First World War. Four stars for the instructor!!...[The instructor] had done an excellent job in compiling the information into well-organized lessons that were concise and easy to read. I especially enjoyed completing the assignments, as the topics certainly added to the lessons. This is an enlightening course that I would highly recommend to any one who interested in the battles and results of the First World War. Four stars for the instructor!!" -- Sara H.
- "The written assignments were the most productive....The written assignments were the most productive." -- nick V.
- "Good instructor....Good instructor." -- Robert P.
- "Great course! The video was most help. Also, the professor graded and commented on my tests quickly....Great course! The video was most help. Also, the professor graded and commented on my tests quickly." -- John L.
- "The instructor was very helpful!!!...The instructor was very helpful!!!" -- Lisa M.
- "The instructor was very helpful, always had good comments on my written assignments and graded my lessons very very quickly....The instructor was very helpful, always had good comments on my written assignments and graded my lessons very very quickly." -- Sherry G.
- "I felt like I was able to connect easily with this instructor. The feedback from the instructor was very helpful. I enjoyed hearing from him and reading his comments on the written assignments. He was extremely well versed on the subject matter and enthusiastic on all topics included. Thanks for everything! ...I felt like I was able to connect easily with this instructor. The feedback from the instructor was very helpful. I enjoyed hearing from him and reading his comments on the written assignments. He was extremely well versed on the subject matter and enthusiastic on all topics included. Thanks for everything! " -- Stacey M.
- View More Testimonials...