- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.6 CEUs :: 16 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Throughout this course, we'll dive into the world of dog training, first by starting off with a bit of dog training history and breed recognition, which will offer insight to breeds' intelligence. You'll not only learn basic dog training guides, but also learn the common advanced commands like stop, steady, back up, and give, and then determine whether or not you and Fido are ready for Off-Lead Training, which can be fun and tedious at the same time. We'll explore various methods of advanced training including Clicker Training and the theory of the Monks of New Skete.
This course will train you above and beyond the basics of sit, come and stay, to show you dog training that includes understanding your dog in dog terms. By knowing the traits of your dog's breed and taking full advantage of the attributes of that breed, you will create a fulfilling and fun relationship with your furry friend.
| Topics Include: |
Toward the end of the course you'll learn more about some of the advanced tricks like bow, roll over, through the hoop, the four-footed fax, and wiggle, giggle, freeze! Lastly, if you're still yearning for more information about your dog's breed, where to find competitions or more training information, we'll talk about the major dog clubs and organizations that exist today. Grab a bag of treats, your leash and your pooch, it's time to have some good ol' barkin' fun!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Importance of Dog TrainingThis lesson discusses the benefits and rewards that come from training your dog.
Lesson 2: History Of Dog TrainingKnow your breed and its capabilities. Some breeds simply are more trainable than others.
Lesson 3: Dog IntelligenceThe capacity to learn basic obedience is inherent in all dogs. Dogs want to learn; you simply need to give them the tools and structure to do so.
Lesson 4: Setting the Stage for TrainingThis lesson teaches you how to gauge your dog's personality and the tools needed to start training him.
Lesson 5: Becoming a Master: Mastering the Basics of Dog TrainingIn this lesson, we will discuss leash training, chewing habits, and housetraining.
Lesson 6: Sit, Shake, and Play Dead: Tips for Successful Trick TrainingThis lesson will teach you how to train your dog to fetch, shake hands, and perform other basic tricks.
Lesson 7: Angry, Annoying, or Aggressive Dog? Simple Solutions to Problematic BehaviorsThis lesson discusses how to control some of your dog's bad habits, including barking and running away.
Lesson 8: Advanced Commands In DetailAdvanced training, or obedience training, usually refers to going above and beyond the basic training of commands like sit, down, stay, heel, and come, to high level competitions with the American Kennel Club and the Canadian Kennel Club.
Lesson 9: Off-lead TrainingThere are a few tools to use and they simple promote the act of graduating from one very short walking leash, to a long leash or line to ultimately off-lead fun.
Lesson 10: Clicker TrainingWhen it comes to training equipment, the clicker has taken the accessories market by storm and has become one of the most popular methods of positive reinforcement training in recent years.
Lesson 11: Monks of New Skete Training TheoryRenowned for breeding German shepherds, the Monks train according to a unique program based on understanding canine behavior and enhancing the bond between the dog and the owner.
Lesson 12: Working Dog TrainingMany dogs today are put to work, assisting both professionally and personally in the day-to-day life of others.
Lesson 13: Dog SportsWhether it is advanced training for play, competitive sports, or dog showing, the specialties mentioned in this lesson are some of the most common.
Lesson 14: Fun Tricks and GamesCool tricks to teach your dog to impress all your friends!
Lesson 15: Training Programs amd Approaches You Can Put into PracticeThis lesson discusses the difference between positive reinforcement and punishment.
Lesson 16: Organizations and ClubsThere are many clubs across the country and some that span the globe, all offering specific and useful information about your dog's breed.
Lesson 17: Where to Turn: Additional Dog Training ResourcesHere are some books and additional web sites that will help you with training your dog.
Average Lesson Rating: (1259 votes)
16 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Dog Training All-In-One: Beginner to Advanced Techniques
Course Number: 7550117
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: How To
CEU Value: 1.6 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: dogtrainingdeluxe.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Cathleen Chouinard
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $65.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $90.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the history of dog training.
- Compare and contrast different types of dog intelligence among different species.
- Summarize the proper environment for making dog training conducive.
- Summarize the methods used to train your dog to follow the basic commands.
- Describe methods for training your dog to sit, shake, and play dead.
- Describe methods for reducing annoying or problematic dog behaviors.
- Summarize advanced commands.
- Describe procedures and benefits of off-lead training.
- Describe procedures and benefits of clicker training.
- Describe the Monks of New Skete Training Theory.
- Summarize working dog training, dog sports, tricks, and games, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Assignment 1: Your Goals||Assignment||5|
|Exam 1: The Importance of Dog Training||Exam||9|
|Assignment 2: Beginning Commands||Assignment||10|
|Exam 2: History of Dog Training||Exam||12|
|Assignment 3: Dog Intelligence||Assignment||20|
|Exam 3: Dog intelligence||Exam||15|
|Assignment 4: The Ideal Dog||Assignment||5|
|Exam 4: Setting the Stage for Training||Exam||10|
|Assignment 5: Your Plan||Assignment||5|
|Exam 5: Becoming a Master||Exam||10|
|Assignment 6: Develop a Training Plan||Assignment||5|
|Exam 6: Tips for Successful Trick Training||Exam||10|
|Exam 7: Angry, Annoying or Agressive Dog Solutions||Exam||10|
|Assignment 8: Advanced Commands||Assignment||25|
|Exam 8: Advanced Commands In Detail||Exam||14|
|Assignment 9: Off-Lead Training||Assignment||25|
|Exam 9: Off-lead Training||Exam||13|
|Assignment 10: Clicker Training||Assignment||25|
|Exam 10: Clicker Training||Exam||15|
|Assignment 11: New Skete Training||Assignment||25|
|Exam 11: Monks Of New Skete Training Theory||Exam||13|
|Assignment 12: Working Dog Training||Assignment||25|
|Exam 12: Working Dog Training||Exam||14|
|Assignment 13: Dog Sports||Assignment||25|
|Exam 13: Dog Sports||Exam||13|
|Assignment 14: Fun Tricks and Games||Assignment||25|
|Exam 14: Fun Tricks And Games||Exam||10|
|Assignment 15: Using Negative Reinforcement||Assignment||5|
|Exam 15: Training Programs & Approaches||Exam||8|
|Assignment 16: Organizations and Clubs||Assignment||25|
|The Final Exam||Exam||42|
- 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog
- How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend: The Classic Training Manual for Dog Owners (Revised & Updated Edition)
- The Art of Raising a Puppy (Revised Edition)
- The Dog Whisperer: Beginning and Intermediate Dog Training
- The Power of Positive Dog Training
- Dog Grooming 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Bird Watching 101: Food, Feeders and Behavior$60.000.9 CEUs
- Cat Care and Training 101$70.000.8 CEUs
- Dog Psychology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Dog Training 101: A Guide for Beginners$60.001.2 CEUs
- Advanced Dog Training$70.000.9 CEUs
- Horseback Riding 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Dog & Cat First Aid, Care & Maintenance$60.001.1 CEUs
- Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners$70.000.8 CEUs