If you are the kind of person who...
- thrives on cooking for your friends,
- wants everyone to come to your house for dinner,
- feels like you have more party food ideas than you could ever possibly execute in your own home
...then you might want to start your own catering business.
Caterers work closely with their clients to develop a menu and a party plan that meets their clients' desires and budget. To be a successful caterer, you must have business savvy, be great at dealing with people, and able to handle stress. Additionally, you'll need be an excellent cook as well as be creative, organized and efficient. Some caterers have several of these qualities when they start out, but they have to develop the others as they go along.
This course discusses in detail the critical aspects of management involved in running a catering business like how to get the appropriate licenses and permits, what kind of kitchen you need, basic food safety practices, party planning, cooking for a crowd, planning meals, dealing with customers, understanding how to price your services, and moving the food safely from one location to another.
If you are passionate about food and you feel like you have what it takes to start your own catering business, this course can help you understand the critical steps involved in starting off on the right foot.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define what is catering.
- Summarize state and local regulations.
- Describe food safety.
- Describe the business planning process for successful catering business.
- Summarize getting started techniques and procedures for your catering business.
- Identify marketing techniques for a successful catering business.
- Describe party planning and the role of catering.
- Summarize meal planning.
- Identify shopping needs for a successful catering company.
- Summarize timing and kitchen efficiency for a successful catering.
- Recognize logistics in a successful catering business.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1. Introduction. What is Catering?||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 2. State and Local Regulations||10 points|
|Lesson 3. Food Safety||10 points|
|Lesson 4. Business Planning||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 5. Getting Started||9 points|
|Lesson 6. Marketing||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 7. Party Planning||10 points|
|Lesson 8. Meal Planning||10 points|
|Lesson 9. Shopping||7 points|
|Lesson 10. Timing and Kitchen Efficiency||9 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 11. Logistics: Getting the food to its destination on time||10 points|
|The Final Exam||55 points|