- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.2 CEUs :: 12 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Accounts Receivable management is a demanding job. You'll be making decisions that can make or break a company. Your role is unique and complex--one that is closely integrated into the overall customer service of your company. In this course, we'll look at what exactly AR is, what it is you're going to be doing, what you'll need to know to get started, why your company needs an accounts receivable department to begin with, and what some of the keys are to a successful accounts receivable department.
In this course, we're going through all the basics. You don't need any prior accounts receivable experience or knowledge to successfully complete this course. Using a 'ground-up' approach, we'll be covering topics such as 1. approving credit, 2. the billing process, 3. collecting money, 4. customer service, 5. handling deductions, 6. legal considerations, 7. bankruptcy, as well as many other important topics.
So come join the fun...Let's get started now!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Accounts Receivable ManagerThis lesson is designed for the new manager, so the assumption is made that you have not worked as a manager, although you may be management material.
Approving the CreditIn this lesson, we are going to look at the very beginning of the credit and receivables process: the process of approving credit.
The Process of BillingBilling your customer is a way to keep in contact with them to remind them to pay. In this lesson, we will look at an ideal billing procedure, and we will prepare you for some challenges you might face.
The Process of Collecting the MoneyIn this lesson, we will look at the collection process step by step. We will look at how you can manage phone calls, show you how to overcome each of the most common excuses a customer can give you, and look at how you can motivate a customer to pay.
Customer Service, Internal Controls and the Annual AuditIn this lesson, we are going to look at three areas where you will need to have your finger on the pulse of your company: customer service, internal controls to prevent error and theft, and the company audit.
Handling Deduction Issues, Letters of Credit, and Other Security InterestsDuring your tenure as an accounts receivable manager, you will find there are higher level issues to deal with than when you were a clerk in the same department. Three of these issues are discussed here and how you can manage them.
Legal Considerations Surrounding CreditThere are some legal considerations surrounding the credit and collection industry. One obvious one that we will not even go into here is that violence is not an alternative to legal collections methods. There are, however, several other areas where it co
BankruptcyOur economic system gives us an opportunity to "reset" our financial situation if it ever gets out of hand. As consumers, it is nice to have that safety valve, especially to deal with circumstances beyond our control.
The Use of Technology in the Credit and Collections AgencyTechnology can be a good thing in some businesses and a bad thing in others. In the credit and collections world, technology is very useful.
Average Lesson Rating: (970 votes)
12 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Accounts Receivable Management
Course Number: 31060
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CEU Standard: Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: accountsreceivable.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Linda Zavadil
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $40.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $65.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the role and job responsibilities of an Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Approve credit for the right customers.
- Outline the process of billing customers.
- Outline the processes of collecting money.
- Summarize the need for quality customer service as well as place internal controls.
- Handle deduction issues, Letters of Credit and other security interests.
- Summarize legal considerations surrounding credit.
- Deal with bankruptcy.
- Use technology in the Credit and Collections process, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam: AR Manager||Exam||100|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Credits||Exam||80|
|Lesson 3 Exam: The Process of Billing||Exam||100|
|Lesson 4 Exam: The Process of Collecting the Money||Exam||100|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Customer service, internal controls and the annual audit||Exam||80|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Handling Deduction Issues, Letters of Credit and other Security Interests||Exam||80|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Legal Considerations Surrounding Credit||Exam||80|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Bankruptcy||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9 Exam: The Use of Technology in the Credit and Collections agency||Exam||80|
- Leadership and Supervision 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Accounts Payable Management$65.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Talent Management 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies 101$65.000.5 CEUs
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Business Analysis 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Managerial Accounting 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Personal Protective Equipment$60.001.2 CEUs
- Team Management 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Internet Marketing Basics$60.001.2 CEUs
- Human Resources Management 101$75.000.8 CEUs
- Project Management 101$65.000.8 CEUs
- Fundraising 101$65.000.6 CEUs