| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Pregnancy is a common enough occurrence. It happens all the time. Until it happens to you or someone you love for the very first time. Then, the questions mount and without answers your fears may begin to get the better of you. By looking into the entire process of pregnancy, the kind of care you can select, evaluating the choices you can make will take away the fear and anxiety of this very beautiful condition.
Prenatal Care will give you advice, information about the conditions you can expect to face as you journey through your pregnancy, and just what your baby is doing each week. This course will also let you know what to expect in terms of prenatal testing to assure the health of your baby. It will also talk about the importance of nutrition, vitamins, hydration, and rest.
Learning what could be dangerous to you and your growing baby will help you to make choices at work and at home that will ensure the safety of both of you. How you take care of yourself during your pregnancy will have a major influence on how healthy you and the baby are after delivery. The beauty of preparing yourself for the labor and delivery portion of this journey is that you will have so many more choices than the mothers who just wait for things to happen.
By adequately preparing yourself, your partner, and your healthcare giver, you will be the one in charge of your body both during and after pregnancy. The end goal is to deliver a happy and healthy baby. Prenatal Care lessons will assist you every step of the way.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for pregnancy.
- Prepare for delivery.
- Describe things that can affect you during pregnancy.
- Summarize medications and health during pregnancy.
- Describe prenatal tests and analysis methods.
- Describe what to expect in the first trimester.
- Describe what to expect in the second trimester.
- Describe what to expect in the third trimester.
- Describe fetal development during pregnancy.
- Summarize the birthing process.
- Preparing for Pregnancy
- Pregnancy and You
- Preparing for Delivery
- Things That Can Affect You During Pregnancy
- Medications and Health during Pregnancy
- Prenatal Tests and Analysis Methods
- First Trimester
- Second Trimester
- Third Trimester
- Fetal Development during Pregnancy
- Giving Birt, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson One: Preparing for PregnancyThe very best time to consider giving your unborn child the best is actually long before you are even pregnant.
Lesson Two: Pregnancy and YouYour pregnancy is going to mean a lot of changes for you, both physically and emotionally.
Lesson Three: Preparing for DeliveryMost of the time you will be given no choice in hospital if you have managed care or an HMO.
Lesson Four: Things That Can Affect You During PregnancyEmotional stress can cover a myriad of issues, and expecting mothers wonder if suffering from emotional stress can affect their unborn baby.
Lesson Five: Medications and Health during PregnancyAll medications that you intend to take during pregnancy MUST be discussed with your health care provider. Do not take anything without consulting with him or her first.
Lesson Six: Prenatal Tests and Analysis MethodsWith the advance in twenty-first century medicine, science is interested in every test known to man to determine just how healthy a baby is likely to be when he or she is born.
Lesson Seven: First Trimester: Weeks 1 - 12Most experts agree that morning sickness is caused by the great fluctuation of your hormones as you begin your pregnancy journey.
Lesson Eight: Second Trimester: Weeks 13 - 24Varicose veins are veins that become enlarged, but constricted during pregnancy.
Lesson Nine: Third Trimester: Weeks 25 - 40Your third trimester is here and just about everyone who has eyes can tell you are pregnant.
Lesson Ten: Fetal Development during PregnancyDuring the course of your pregnancy your baby is constantly changing. Initially, it is hard for you to be aware of what is actually happening to your baby because he or she is so small that you cannot feel the changes.
Lesson Eleven: Giving BirthIt is just about time for you to finally meet your beloved child. Your entire pregnancy has been spent preparing for the final scene, labor and delivery.
|Course Title ||: ||Prenatal Care |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900170 |
|Course Type ||: ||Support/Advice |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Medicine & Health
- Medical Terminology 101 This medical terminology course covers the medical language and terminology used by health care professionals everywhere. If you're interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or ot...
- Nutrition 101 Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last. Review the digestion process and how our body would di...
- Introduction to Medical Coding The healthcare industry, complex and rigorous even for the most knowledgeable and thorough of professionals, requires that paperwork be submitted both in a highly accurate and very timely manner. The area of healthcare involving the completion of paperwo...
- Introduction to Medical Billing Medical billing is one of the fastest growing healthcare jobs. Hospitals, private practices and clinics could not survive without someone who efficiently handles their day-to-day Medical Billing procedures. A medical biller's job responsibilities can i...
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 This self-paced anatomy and physiology course will cover all the bodily systems playing a major role in human anatomy. The material is presented in a practical and comprehensive manner. The focus of the course is on the need-to-know facts that must be un...
- Anti Aging Techniques Perceptions about aging are changing. Today, people are living longer, happier, and healthier lives. Medical technology and care has increased lifespan by years and sometimes even decades. A growing number of individuals are taking an active part in foll...
- Life Coaching 101 Coaching has long been an accepted method of improving performance, specifically in sports. The excellent results shown in the sports arena have been expanded to those in executive positions in business. For the last fifteen to twenty years, many mo...
- Wellness Coaching 101 Wellness coaching is a relatively new field, intriguing anyone who desires to get all areas of their life into balance. This Wellness Coaching course is a general survey course designed to give you a well-rounded introduction to this exciting discipline....
- Weight Training 101 More than 5,000 years ago, the ancient Chinese measured the preparedness of their soldiers by how much weight they could lift, and the ancient Greeks, perhaps more than any other culture at any time in history, celebrated the achievement of great strengt...
- Medical Terminology 201 Medical terminology is the specific language used by professionals in the medical industry and for success in this field, understanding and communicating in the language is critical. Medical Terminology 201 is an advanced course for those with some expe...
- CPT Coding for Beginners This self-study medical coding course will emphasize the rules and guidelines on the CPT coding manual. The course benefits those who work or want to work in the medical field whether it be as a medical biller, medical coder, medical collector, or medic...
- Lifetime Wellness 101 Health is defined as an optimal state of physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well being. The same explanation applies to wellness. It's like that old saying You don't have anything if you don't have your health. Our birth certificates...
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach You really don't need someone else to help you transform your own life. You can take charge yourself! A life coach will provide great motivation, encouragement and hopefully wisdom, but at the end of the day it is still just you who will need to do the ...
- Medical Terminology for Medical Coders This medical terminology course for medical coders covers the medical terminology used by professional medical coders in today's healthcare industry. We'll start with the very basics of medical terminology, reviewing word roots, prefixes, and suffixes th...
- Careers in Healthcare Whenever the field of medicine is mentioned, people generally think about doctors and nurses. In fact, not that many years ago, those medical practitioners just about covered the subject. In recent years, however, the field has grown beyond imagination. ...
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology From the laboratory to the real world, cell and molecular biology has a far-ranging impact upon everything from the environment to health and medical issues. Cell and molecular biology enables researchers to study the minute world of microbes and cells. ...
- Medical Transcription 101 With the opportunities to work in the healthcare field, particularly that within the Medical Transcriptionist (MT) arena, foreseen to be on the rise for the next ten years; it makes a great deal of sense to acquire specialized training within the field. ...
- Medical Assistant 101: Career Overview Medical assisting is a relatively new career choice, and it is a booming industry. With the current economic crisis, many health care providers are looking for talented and willing individuals to train with them as assistants to help them care for more p...
- Career Coaching 101 With the job market becoming seemingly impossible to crack, career coaches are more important than ever. This online course will teach students the basic of career coaching, including the definition of career coaching, the ethics, how to find clients...
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian Are you curious about vegetarianism or thinking about becoming a vegetarian? You are not alone! Millions of people have made the switch to vegetarianism. Why? Because there are so many benefits, including for your health, the planet, and the animals! Th...
- Microbiology 101 The study of microbiology is extremely rewarding, leading to advances in the welfare of the environment as well as human populations. Pursuing this fascinating subject lead to careers in biotechnology, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical research and f...
- Medical Office Procedures 101 Medical Office Procedures is a course that's designed to help those interested in setting up a medical office or who want to learn how to manage their current medical office more efficiently. With 20 different lessons, this course takes learners from the...
- Organic Chemistry 101 Organic chemistry is a branch of general chemistry that focuses on carbon-based compounds. Starting with the simplest molecules, alkanes (carbon chains bound to hydrogen atoms), the course expands to examine more complex molecules, including their basic ...
- End of Life Care When it comes to end of life care there are many issues that the patient and family members will go through emotionally, physically, and spiritually. At the very moment a patient is diagnosed with a serious illness, everyone is left with questions, conc...
- Caring for Patients with HIV/AIDS 101 Although there is not a cure, gaining an understanding of HIV/AIDs can increase the patient's chances of living a longer and healthier life. There are many misconceptions about this serious virus including many believing that death is soon to follow. Alt...