| || || |
Learn How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight, and Feel Great!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || | Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last. Review the digestion process and how our body would digest some pizza. Learn some real benefits of eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Review some tips on including more fruits and vegetables in your schedule. Discover the difference between good carbohydrates and bad carbohydrates. Understand how to include more fiber in your eating habits, and the benefits of doing so. Review the importance of eating healthy choices of protein. Learn how to make healthy protein choices. Read about cholesterol and the difference between "LDL" and "HDL". Uncover some benefits of including enough calcium in your diet, and how to prevent osteoporosis. Learn what vitamins are. Read some tips on how to choose a vitamin supplement.
Find out some health hazards of being underweight or overweight. Discover some healthy ways to change your weight. Check out some real health benefits of including exercise in your schedule. Read and choose some ways to motivate you to exercise. Become a more energetic you with some tips on how to increase your energy through nutrition and exercise. Review some tips on how to decrease stress with nutrition and exercise. Distinguish the difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance, and see how the body responds to a food allergy.
Assess when to seek medical attention for a food allergy. Read some tips on how to avoid a food allergy or food intolerance. Incorporate healthy nutrition and exercise habits in your routine so that you can be healthier, have more energy, and feel great!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Choose a food pyramid and set nutritional goals.
- Describe the process digesting food.
- Summarize types of fruits and vegetables and their related health benefits.
- Define carbohydrates and fiber.
- Define protein.
- Describe calcium, vitamins and minerals and their effect on diet.
- Describe the benefits of maintaining a healthy weight.
- Summarize exercise routines that complement eating habits.
- Summarize methods for decreasing stress and increasing energy.
- Describe food allergies, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Choosing a Food Pyramid and Nutrition GoalsThis lesson discusses the original USDA Food Pyramid,introduces the new USDA Food Pyramid and how to create health-related goals.
Lesson 2: Digesting FoodBecome familiar with digestive organs.
This lesson outlines how pizza is digested in our digestion system,
how we break down fats and proteins and how we absorb nutrients.
Lesson 3: Fruits and VegetablesLearn some health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables,review some ways to include more fruits and vegetables in your daily routine,review how many servings of fruits and vegetables are the minimum to eat.
Lesson 4: Carbohydrates and FiberLearn the difference between good and bad carbohydrates,review what fiber is,and discover some benefits of eating high-fiber foods.
Lesson 5: ProteinIn this lesson we will learn how to eat health proteins and and the health issues related to protein.
Lesson 6: Calcium, Vitamins and MineralsIn this lesson we learn the benefits of calcium and vitamin and mineral supplements.
Lesson 7: Maintaining a Healthy WeightReview health problems of being overweight or underweight.Discover some healthy weight-loss ideas.
Lesson 8: ExerciseReview some health benefits from exercising. Discover how exercise improves your mood and makes you stronger. Learn how to stay motivated to exercise.
Lesson 9: Decreasing Stress and Increasing EnergyLearn how to eat to reduce stress through nutrition,outline which foods increase energy, see which foods can relax you.
Lesson 10: Food AllergiesDiscover what a true food allergy is.
Outline the symptoms of a food allergy.
Learn when to seek medical help when a food allergy occurs.
Lesson 11: ReviewReview main topics of nutrition lessons.Review your nutrition and health goals.
|Course Title ||: ||Nutrition 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550360 |
|Course Type ||: ||Support/Advice |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Health and Medical Assistance
- Nutrition 101 Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last. Review the digestion process and how our body would di...
- Introduction to Gardening Does spring weather make you wish to get your hands dirty in the garden? Is your neighbor's garden the envy of your eye? Have you always wanted to start a garden but just were not sure how to start? The easiest way make this decision is to take a class t...
- Cooking and Baking 101 Cooking and baking are the kinds of activities that most people assume are second nature. After all, we're humans, and our most basic need is to supply ourselves with nutrition. Logically, we should just be able to get in the kitchen and make something t...
- Bartending and Mixology 101 Bartending and bartending skills are always in demand. If you're planning on hosting a cocktail party at your home, or thinking of starting a new career, or just want to learn how to make a certain drink, Bartending 101 is a must for all do-it-yourself...
- Weight Loss Management 101 People decide to lose weight for a multitude of different reasons. For many, improved health is one of the best motivators for lifestyle change, and that is what this online class will focus on: the improved health benefits of weight loss, exercise, imp...
- Landscaping 101 The enjoyment of a beautiful landscape is one of the great pleasures of home ownership. However, actually realizing your landscaping visions can be stressful Frequently you have a bare dirt and poor grass yard or an all grass yard and you just don't...
- Anti Aging Techniques Perceptions about aging are changing. Today, people are living longer, happier, and healthier lives. Medical technology and care has increased lifespan by years and sometimes even decades. A growing number of individuals are taking an active part in foll...
- Yoga 101 Yoga is accessible to everybody. A history of 5000 years is proof of how lasting and magical this exercise art really is. How many other exercises can boast worldwide acceptance? The fact is, over the past twenty years, yoga popularity has increased ...
- All About Herbs Herbs are used for both culinary and medicinal purposes--and sometimes even spiritual purposes. All About Herbs will cover all the basics so that you are ready to explore all of Herbs' many uses. Not only will you learn the history and definitions, but ...
- Life Coaching 101 Coaching has long been an accepted method of improving performance, specifically in sports. The excellent results shown in the sports arena have been expanded to those in executive positions in business. For the last fifteen to twenty years, many mo...
- Wellness Coaching 101 Wellness coaching is a relatively new field, intriguing anyone who desires to get all areas of their life into balance. This Wellness Coaching course is a general survey course designed to give you a well-rounded introduction to this exciting discipline....
- Weight Training 101 More than 5,000 years ago, the ancient Chinese measured the preparedness of their soldiers by how much weight they could lift, and the ancient Greeks, perhaps more than any other culture at any time in history, celebrated the achievement of great strengt...
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food This course is filled with everything you need to know to get started in canning and preserving your own foods. By the time you finish this course you will be well on your way to making and storing foods like you have thought about for so long! In this ...
- Italian Cooking 101 How often have you eaten out at an Italian restaurant and wished you could re-create those same fantastic meals at home? Most people have had this experience. This course will teach you just that--how to cook great Italian appetizers, entrées and d...
- Floral Arrangement 101 Floral arranging is much more than simply putting a bunch of flowers into a vase and filling it with water. Learning the basics of floral arranging will help you put together a simple vase of flowers so that it looks elegant, professional and classy. In...
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach You really don't need someone else to help you transform your own life. You can take charge yourself! A life coach will provide great motivation, encouragement and hopefully wisdom, but at the end of the day it is still just you who will need to do the ...
- Flower Essences 101 Flower essences are extremely diluted extracts from flowers that are used to improve the emotional, spiritual, and physical health of people and animals. This type of treatment falls under the umbrella of vibrational medicine and is related to the use o...
- Homeopathy 101 This self-paced Homeopathy course clearly explains the use of homeopathic remedies in the treatment of various diseases. Our online class will cover the basic concepts of homeopathy plus its application when treating illnesses particularly common to wome...
- Pie Baking 101 Treat family and friends to a precious childhood memory by serving a mouth watering just-out-of-the-oven baked homemade pie. The step-by-step instructions presented in this course are easy to follow and understand. Beginning with a brief history of th...
- Tex Mex Cooking 101 Tex Mex Cuisine 101 is a course for those who want to learn more about the Tex Mex phenomenon. Often when we consider Mexican food, it is actually Tex Mex we are thinking of. Tex Mex is a blend of cuisine from Mexico and the Southern States, especially T...
- Career Coaching 101 With the job market becoming seemingly impossible to crack, career coaches are more important than ever. This online course will teach students the basic of career coaching, including the definition of career coaching, the ethics, how to find clients...
- Spanish Cooking 101 Spanish cookery reflects the Spanish lifestyle; laid back, relaxed cooking that uses fresh beautiful ingredients that are available seasonally and prepared by cooks that are intuitive and resourceful. This course comprises 12 lessons that take you throu...
- Kitchen Sanitation 101 Nearly every few weeks, a new story seems to hit the headlines about foodborne illnesses. Salmonella in peanuts. E. coli in fruit juice. Mad cow in hamburgers. Every year, thousands of people become seriously ill from foodborne illnesses, and some even d...
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian Are you curious about vegetarianism or thinking about becoming a vegetarian? You are not alone! Millions of people have made the switch to vegetarianism. Why? Because there are so many benefits, including for your health, the planet, and the animals! Th...
- How To Quit Smoking This course will provide you with information on how to quit smoking without smoking cessation aids, also known as Nicotine Replacement Therapies (nicotine gum, the patch, etc.) This course does not provide any miracles, and cannot guarantee your success...
- Spanish Culture 101 Whether you're traveling to Spain or any other Latin American country for business or pleasure, it's important to understand the culture, the behaviors, the values and morals of the people at your destination. Business or leisure travelers to Spain need...