Online Class: QuickBooks 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
QuickBooks 2015 Course Introduction
QuickBooks 2015 is an accounting software program created by Intuit for small businesses and self-employed professionals. It can be used for almost all financial business processes. You can use it for entering receipts, tracking expenses, invoicing, payment tracking, tax tracking, purchase orders, and even to prepare reports and statements regarding your finances. QuickBooks is your business' solution when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting.
This course was created for anyone who wants to learn QuickBooks. Whether you signed up simply to learn QuickBooks 2015 or are a complete newbie to the software does not matter. We will teach you the software from beginning to end so that anyone, regardless of experience, learns all that they need to know to successfully use the program.
You will learn how to:
· Create a company file
· Navigate QuickBooks
· Create a chart of accounts
· Add the accounts you need to your chart of accounts
· Set up customers, vendors, and the products you sell in QuickBooks
· Create and send invoices and sales receipts
· Enter and pay bills
· Make journal entries
· Track expenses and income
· Manage your Account Receivable and Accounts Payable
· Connect to your bank through QuickBooks
· Create budgets and run reports
· And much moreThis course was created for anyone who wants to learn QuickBooks. Whether you signed up simply to learn QuickBooks or are a complete newbie to the software does not matter. We will teach you the software, assuming that you have never used it before so that we don't leave anyone behind. Since QuickBooks 2015 can be an expensive program and does not offer a free trial, you do not need access to the QuickBooks software to use this course; however, it is encouraged to have a working copy if possible so that you can work along with the optional assignment activities. Again, having the QuickBooks software installed and ready for use on your computer is not a requirement, but it is recommended. If you don't have the software, you can review the lessons and the accompanying HD videos to still learn what QuickBooks can do and how you can go about doing it!You're just 25 lessons away from learning the skills it takes to manage the transactions and finances for your business – or your employer's business – with QuickBooks.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to QuickBooksThe purpose of QuickBooks is to give businesses the power to do all of their own accounting, including invoicing, payroll, and paying bills, right from the convenience of their desktop computer, possibly eliminating the costly expense of a full time accountant.
Lesson 2: Setting Up QuickBooksYou will install your QuickBooks software like you would any other software program. Follow the instructions that pop up on your screen. You will be able to choose where the program will be saved on your hard drive, as well as other common aspects.
Lesson 3: Navigating QuickBooksIf you've never used QuickBooks before or have been using a much older version, this tour will help you to become familiar with the organizational structure of the program.
Lesson 4: The Chart of AccountsSimply put, the chart of accounts is a list of equity, liability, asset, and expense accounts.
Lesson 5: Setting up Customers, Jobs, and VendorsYour customers, jobs, and vendors keep your business in business. That said, it's important to take the time to set them up correctly in QuickBooks.
Lesson 6: Working with ItemsEverything that we will learn to add to invoices, purchase orders, and etc. will be an item that we will learn to add in this lesson.
Lesson 7: Creating More ListsLists are what makes QuickBooks so simple to use, because all of the information you need to use the program is already there for you - in one of your several lists.
Lesson 8: Paying Expenses and BillsYou will want to enter all the bills and expenses you receive into QuickBooks so your accounts stay up-to-date.
Lesson 9: Working with Bills, Deposits, and CreditsIn this lesson, we are going to continue to build on what we learned in the last lesson. We are going to talk more about bills; however, we are also going to talk about deposits, discounts, credits, and reimbursable expenses.
Lesson 10: Creating InvoicesInvoices are bills that you send customers. When a customer buys something from you and doesn't pay upon receipt, you bill them by sending an invoice.
Lesson 11: Recording Payments and SalesIn this lesson, we are going to continue to learn how to create different types of invoices, including invoices for backorders and cosigned products.
Lesson 12: Tracking Time and MileageIt's important that you are able to track time and mileage. QuickBooks gives you the tools to do both.
Lesson 13: Producing StatementsA statement is a type of report that you can send your customers. It shows all the charges and payments made to that customer during the statement period.
Lesson 14: Collecting and Tracking Money from CustomersIn this lesson, you are going to learn how to enter those payments into QuickBooks, deposit the money into the bank, track the amount that is owed, and even add finance charges.
Lesson 15: Managing Bank Accounts and Credit CardsIn this lesson, we are going to focus on managing your bank accounts using QuickBooks.
Lesson 16: Managing LoansChances are, your business will have to borrow money at some point or other. You will want to track the loan, along with the asset purchased with the loan, just as you track your income and expenses.
Lesson 17: PayrollIf you don't want to pay for payroll services, and you insist on doing it yourself, we'll show you how to use QuickBooks to do your payroll.
Lesson 18: Making Journal EntriesA journal entry is a logging of transactions into an accounting journal. Each of the transactions recorded is either a debit or credit. The total amount for the debits must equal the total number of credits or the journal is unbalanced. This is called double entry accounting.
Lesson 19: End of Year TasksThen comes the end of the year, and you suddenly find yourself overwhelmed with even more accounting tasks. The good news is that QuickBooks will do most of your year-end tasks for you. All that you have to do is prepare it.
Lesson 20: Taking Care of Your QuickBooks FilesIn this lesson, we are going to focus on ways to protect and maintain the data you've entered into QuickBooks, as well as your company file.
Lesson 21: Purchasing and Entering InventoryQuickBooks allows you to enter and track your inventory using the program. However, before you can do that (as with most things QuickBooks), you must do a few things.
Lesson 22: Sales TaxIn this lesson, we're going to walk you through the steps of setting up your business to collect and pay sales tax using QuickBooks.
Lesson 23: Setting Up A Budget in QuickBooksYou do not have to create a budget in order to use QuickBooks as your accounting program. It's an optional feature for people and companies who want to use it. It is also a very beneficial feature because it helps you plan your income and spending.
Lesson 24: ReportsQuickBooks gives you the ability to run several different types of reports. We are going to talk about these in this lesson, as well as teach you how to run them.
Lesson 25: Online Banking with QuickBooksWhen you connect QuickBooks with your bank accounts, you then have the ability in QuickBooks to download balances and transactions from your bank account.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: QuickBooks 101Course Number: 8900335Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Computer SkillCEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: quickbooks2015.onlineclasses.comInstructor: UniversalClass Staff InstructorSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $55.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $80.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what QuickBooks is and why it is an effective tool for managing your company's finances.
- Demonstrate installing the software and using QuickBooks Setup.
- Demonstrate navigating QuickBooks, creating and managing lists, and setting up your customers.
- Demonstrate setting up vendors, creating invoices, and collecting and tracking money from your customers.
- Summarize paying bills, purchasing and managing inventory.
- Summarize managing bank accounts, credit cards, printing check, and processing payroll.
- Demonstrate creating and managing your budget and balancing your accounts.
- Demonstrate creating, managing, running and printing reports in QuickBooks, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Assignment 1 Assignment 1 Exam 1 Exam 7 Assignment 2 Assignment 1 Exam 2 Exam 10 Assignment 3 Assignment 1 Exam 3 Exam 10 Assignment 4 Assignment 1 Exam 4 Exam 10 Assignment 5 Assignment 1 Exam 5 Exam 10 Assignment 6 Assignment 1 Exam 6 Exam 10 Assignment 7 Assignment 1 Exam 7 Exam 10 Assignment 8 Assignment 1 Exam 8 Exam 10 Assignment 9 Assignment 1 Exam 9 Exam 10 Assignment 10 Assignment 10 Exam 10 Exam 10 Assignment 11 Assignment 1 Exam 11 Exam 10 Assignment 12 Assignment 1 Exam 12 Exam 10 Assignment 13 Assignment 1 Exam 13 Exam 10 Assignment 14 Assignment 1 Exam 14 Exam 10 Assignment 15 Assignment 1 Exam 15 Exam 10 Assignment 16 Assignment 1 Exam 16 Exam 10 Assignment 17 Assignment 1 Exam 17 Exam 10 Assignment 18 Assignment 1 Exam 18 Exam 10 Assignment 19 Assignment 1 Exam 19 Exam 10 Assignment 20 Assignment 1 Exam 20 Exam 10 Assignment 21 Assignment 1 Exam 21 Exam 10 Assignment 22 Assignment 1 Exam 22 Exam 10 Assignment 23 Assignment 1 Exam 23 Exam 10 Assignment 24 Assignment 1 Exam 24 Exam 10 Assignment 25 Assignment 1 Exam 25 Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 125 Total Points: 406
- "I found everything very helpful. I didn't have any knowledge of Quickbooks before this class." -- Leah C.
- "Since I had no prior knowledge of the subject, I found all parts very helpful. I especially liked the additional information sites provided, as they will be helpful in answering future questions that occur after the class is completed." -- Cheryl P.
- "Thank you! It was a very good introduction to using QuickBooks. It fleshed out a couple of confusing areas for me." -- Lisa S.
- "The Instructor was great and very helpful." -- Tricia K.
- "I liked the easy to understand lessons. But, I also liked the online help. Very useful!" -- Brenda E.
- "All of the information was helpful. You need all of it really." -- Jessica H.
- "I was taking it to help my job, and it did, now I can do the work in half the time. So I thank the Instructor for this. All of the parts were needed for me. Thank You...Great Instructor and tells you exactly what you did right or wrong." -- Joann B.
- View More Testimonials...