with CEU Certificate
|Course Meeting Times:||Continuous|
Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with those around you.
Although there are many sides to communication (including verbal interactions, nonverbal cues, and even using technology to maximize impact), there are a few basic fundamentals that span across the nation and around the globe. By understanding the way you communicate and increasing your knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiation, you can increase your probability for success with others.
Whether you are working in the business community, strengthening your personal relationships, or simply seeking to increase your comfort in reaching out to others as a whole, effective communication is your bridge from potentially hazardous misunderstandings to personal – and professional – success.
- Recognizing and Understanding Communication Styles
1. What is Communication?
2. Passive Communication
3. Aggressive Communication
4. Passive-Aggressive Communication
5. Assertive Communication
- Verbal Communication
1. What Makes Up Verbal Communication?
2. How to Use Verbal Communication Effectively
3. Verbal Communication: Case Study
- Nonverbal Communication
1. Defining Nonverbal Communication
2. Why is Nonverbal Communication Effective?
3. Reading Nonverbal Cues
4. Nonverbal Communication: Case Study
- Communicating in Writing
1. Using Written Communication
2. Pros and Cons of Written Communication
3. Tips for Avoiding Misunderstandings in Written Communication
- Cultivating Conversational Skills
1. The Importance of Good Conversational Skills
2. Active Listening
3. Be an Engaging Speaker
- Group Communication
1. The Basics of Group Dynamics
2. Group Interaction and Communication
3. How to Be Effective in Groups
- Communications Technology
1. Modern Technologies
2. Benefits of Communications Technology
3. Drawbacks of Communications Technology
- Barriers to Communication
1. Physical Impairments to Communication
2. Outside Impediments Affecting Communication
3. Personality Conflicts and Communication
4. The Downside of Technology
5. Putting It into Action
- Cultural Aspects of Communication
1. What is Culture?
2. Working in a Global Community
- Disagreements and Conflicts
1. Is Conflict Always Bad?
2. Avoiding Conflict
3. Fostering Healthy Conflict
4. Conflict Resolution
1. What is Negotiation?
3. Considering Everyone's Needs
4. When Negotiation Fails
- Constructive Criticism
1. The Critic-Recipient Relationship
2. Personal Criticism
3. Offering Criticism
4. Receiving Criticism
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better.
- Recognize and describe various communication styles.
- Define verbal communication.
- Define nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrate proper techniques when communicating in writing.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving conversational skills.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving group communication.
- Describe techniques for improving communications with technology.
- Define barriers to communication.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of communication.
- Describe communication strategies to resolve disagreements and conflicts.
- Describe negotiation strategies.
- Describe how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Time Management 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Effective Presentations$60.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver CS6 and CC$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- How to Create Web Pages$55.001.2 CEUs
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair$65.001.0 CEUs
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)$55.001.0 CEUs
- Virus Removal and Protection 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$70.001.0 CEUs
- Memory and Concentration Techniques$80.002.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Business Management 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Analysis 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Internet Fundamentals 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Business Ethics 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Managerial Accounting 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language$60.001.1 CEUs
- Anger Management 101$60.000.9 CEUs