Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most customers when they have questions or a problem that needs to be resolved.
In order to ensure your customers or clients are happy with the customer service they receive, it's even more important for you to provide exceptional customer service, including outstanding telephone service. Consumers expect better service than ever before, and the limitations of telephone communications don't exempt you from offering them the satisfaction and resolution they demand.
This course focuses on honing outstanding telephone customer service skills in order to meet customer needs and presenting a professional, knowledgeable image that reflects well on your company. When you have finished this course, you will know everything you need to make your customers feel valued and satisfied even under the most difficult circumstances.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe the challenges of telephone customer service in today's world.
- Cultivate an excellent phone voice.
- Demonstrate first impressions.
- Describe methods for better listening.
- Describe ways to keep the conversation going.
- Describe conference calls and international calling etiquette.
- Describe etiquette for call transfers and holds.
- Describe best practices for using voicemail and taking messages.
- Summarize when to screen calls.
- Summarize best methods for selling on the telephone.
- Describe methods for soothing irate customers.
- Recognize when you have to say "no".
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||20 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today’s World||12 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||20 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : Cultivating an Excellent Phone Voice||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||30 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : First Impressions Count||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||25 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Learning How to Listen||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||20 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Keeping the Conversation Going||12 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||25 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Conference Calls and International Calling Etiquette||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||30 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Call Transfers and Holds||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||30 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : Using Voicemail and Taking Messages||9 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Screening Calls||7 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||20 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Selling on the Telephone||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Soothing Irate Customers||10 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||20 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 : When You Have to Say “No”||7 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||25 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 13 : Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer Service||9 points|
|The Final Exam||64 points|