Online Class: Legal Secretary 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
The field of law for a secretary is one of the best positions to have in the world of office work. A good legal secretary will, quite frankly, never be out of work. It is a high paying job with many rewards and benefits. Salary ranges for legal secretaries can enter the three digit range in some parts of the world, particularly
For those who lack experience, the trick is often getting your "foot in the door," this course will show you how. For those who have experience, it is often difficult to become "unstuck" and earn what you feel you deserve, this course will sharpen your skills so that you may either request a raise or be prepared to move on to another firm or sole practitioner who pays more.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: The Law Office Team
Lesson 2: The Legal Secretary's Duties and Great Tools for Accomplishing Them
Lesson 3: Essential Information: Large, Medium, Small, and Sole Practitioner Firms
Lesson 4: The Computer
Lesson 5: Client Files
Lesson 6: Legal Documentation
Lesson 7: Client Contact Guidelines
Lesson 8: Basic Organization Guidelines
Lesson 9: Legal and Business Correspondence
Lesson 10: Indispensable Legal Secretary Aids
Lesson 11: Important Legal Documents
Lesson 12: Legal Document Preparation
Lesson 13: Becoming a Notary Public
Lesson 14: Wills and Power of Attorney
Lesson 15: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, and Incorporation Formation
Lesson 16: Real Estate Law
Lesson 17: Law Office Equipment and Supplies
Lesson 18: Office Politics
Lesson 19: Electronic Research
Lesson 20: Basic Legal Terminology Glossary
- Describe the law office team.
- Describe the legal secretary's duties and great tools for accomplishing them.
- Summarize essential information.
- Describe how to properly file, store, and retrieve Client Files.
- Describe legal documentation process.
- Describe client contact guidelines.
- Describe basic organization guidelines.
- Summarize procedures for dealing with legal and business correspondence.
- Describe procedures for handling important legal documents.
- Describe legal document preparation.
- Describe wills and power of attorney procedures.
- Describe real estate law procedures.
- Describe law office equipment and supplies.
- Describe dealing with office politics.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- "I like the fact that it is totally thorough." -- Azile R.
- "Congratulations for a job well planned and done. It has been a pleasure for me to be part of your class. Thanks for the encouragement and support." -- Elizabeth L. J. L.
- "I would encourage the instructor to continuing her hard work to reach out to those who will use their ability to make this course successful as it has been." -- Richard C.
- "The entire course was very helpful in a very compelling way and I loved it all." -- Richard C.
- "I enjoyed this course very much. The information was invaluable, the instructor was easy to talk to and seemed very informed in information. Even though I am still a Front Desk Receptionist and am not really using the information on a daily basis right now, it will be valuable to have taken this course as I continue to study in preparation to becoming a Legal Secretary. This course has really helped me become familiar with the law office setting and has helped me be able to understand the legal office and it's functions. " -- Jean C.
- 36 hours 3.6 CEUs Ultimate Secretary Training Bundle $150.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Operations Management 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs General Receptionist $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Understanding Financial Statements $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Critical Thinking $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Creative Thinking $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Payroll Management 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Healthy Relationships $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Emotional Intelligence $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Accounts Payable Management $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Managerial Accounting 101 $95.00
- 20 hours 2.0 CEUs Typing and Keyboarding 101 $95.00
- 32 hours 3.2 CEUs Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone $95.00
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Mediation 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Accounts Receivable Management $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Innovative Thinking $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Conflict Resolution 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Listening Skills 101 $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Serial Killers 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Negotiation Skills $95.00
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Business Credit 101 $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Personal Assistant 101 $95.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Purchasing and Vendor Management 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Habits of Millionaires $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Confidence Building $95.00
- 2 hours 0.2 CEUs Understanding Insurance Types $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Speed Writing 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Financial Analysis 101: Planning and Control $95.00
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Criminology Basics $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Assertiveness Training $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Persuasion Techniques $95.00