How to Start and Run a Daycare Service
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Course DescriptionFinding quality daycare these days is not always easy. Working parents are constantly seeking educated and experienced childcare providers to meet the needs of their children. There has been and always will be a need for home daycare settings for children, and for those willing to start a home daycare business, there is already an existing market waiting for your services.
Creating a safe, stimulating, and caring environment for children is one of the most important aspects of starting a home daycare business. Becoming a childcare professional requires a little bit of research, the ability to obtain adequate licensing, and the capability of learning how to run and operate a business from your home.
This course provides individuals with the basics necessary to start a home daycare business - from defining your aptitudes, motivations, and capabilities to the necessary legal requirements involved in starting a home daycare business. This course will help interested individuals learn about training, insurance, startup needs and costs as well as the need to assess what age groups might be best suited to your personality.From setting ground rules to dealing with parents and providing nutritious meals and stimulating activities for children of all ages, this home daycare business course will take you through every step of the process to ensure your success. From learning about first aid training to dealing with behavior problems and difficult parents, students of this home daycare business course will learn how to start, maintain and grow their business step by step.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Making PlansStarting a home daycare business is literally a labor of love.This first lesson will address issues of starting costs and motivations for starting your own home daycare business.
Lesson 2: Licensing and Registering Your Daycare BusinessIt is the responsibility of every daycare provider to know what the local and state requirements are and to follow them.
Lesson 3: Preparing Your Home for BusinessBasic startup needs and costs will be determined by a variety of factors, including your location, the number of children you decide to care for, as well as their age range.
Lesson 4: Safety First!Regardless of the ages of the children a daycare provider decides upon, children of all ages must be able to enjoy a safe and protected environment.
Lesson 5: Setting Ground RulesThis lesson will cover meeting new parents and children, the importance of maintaining accurate records, and the necessity of certain types of forms to prepare for your home daycare business.
Lesson 6: Structure BasicsThis lesson will briefly cover some of the basic care that home daycare providers should offer in their business that are geared to meet individual needs and age brackets.
Lesson 7: Dealing with BehaviorsDaycare providers must also learn proper policies and procedures in terms of discipline so that harmony in the daycare setting is provided as well as satisfaction from parents.
Lesson 8: Dealing with ParentsIn this lesson, we will discuss different parental concerns regarding daycares, as well as the childcare provider's concerns in terms of running their business.
Lesson 9: Problem Solving TechniquesThis lesson focuses on several problem-solving techniques that may help childcare providers deal not only with children's bad habits, but those of parents as well.
Lesson 10: The Importance of SupportBeing able to admit that and you may need some extra help or support is essential in maintaining a smoothly functioning day care business as well as providing emotional and physical support for your own health.
Lesson 11: Marketing Your BusinessUnderstanding basic marketing strategies will help your business grow at a pace that you can easily manage.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: How to Start and Run a Daycare ServiceCourse Number: 7550140Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: childcare.onlineclasses.comInstructor: UniversalClass Staff InstructorSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Establish a plan to start a daycare service.
- Summarize licensing and registering requirements for your daycare business.
- Describe preparing your home for business.
- Summarize safety requirements before doing anything else.
- Summarize ground rules, structure, basics, and dealing with behaviors.
- Summarize strategies for dealing with parents.
- Describe ways to market the business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Quiz for Lesson 1: Making Plans Exam 10 Lesson 2: Legal Requirements for DayCare Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 2: Licensing and Registering Your Daycare Business Exam 10 Lesson 3: Basic Startup Needs of Daycare Business Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 3: Preparing Your Home for Business Exam 10 Lesson 4: Childproofing in DayCare Center Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 4: Safety First! Exam 10 Quiz for Lesson 5: Setting Ground Rules Exam 10 Quiz for Lesson 6: Structure Basics Exam 9 Quiz for Lesson 7: Dealing with Behaviors Exam 10 Quiz for Lesson 8: Dealing with Parents Exam 10 Lesson 9: Dealing with Bad Habits Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 9: Problem Solving Techniques Exam 10 Lesson 10: Support from Family and Friends Assignment 25 Quiz for Lesson 10: The Importance of Support Exam 10 Quiz for Lesson 11: Marketing Your Business Exam 10 The Final Exam Exam 54 Total Points: 293
- "I really enjoyed taking this class. My experience as a mother helped me with this class. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with myself, and I think I want to work with children. I thought the instructor did an EXCELLENT job!" -- Kathleen C.
- "Thank you for the help. It was good experience and I really enjoyed learning new things for myself." -- Olga G.
- "Thank you for providing this course to those who want to continue their education." -- Breana T.
- "I found the whole course to be very helpful in helping me to start my own home daycare business." -- Amanda L.
- "THE WHOLE COURSE WAS GREAT!" -- Gretchen S.
- "A very informative course covering the basics on how to start a home daycare." -- Tracy C.
- "I particularly liked the last lesson because I was struggling with the marketing aspect of my daycare." -- Meghan S.
- View More Testimonials...