How to Start and Run a Daycare Service
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Creating a safe, stimulating, and caring environment for children is one of the most important aspects of starting a home daycare business. Becoming a childcare professional requires a little bit of research, the ability to obtain adequate licensing, and the capability of learning how to run and operate a business from your home.
This course provides individuals with the basics necessary to start a home daycare business - from defining your aptitudes, motivations, and capabilities to the necessary legal requirements involved in starting a home daycare business. This course will help interested individuals learn about training, insurance, startup needs and costs as well as the need to assess what age groups might be best suited to your personality.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Making PlansStarting a home daycare business is literally a labor of love.This first lesson will address issues of starting costs and motivations for starting your own home daycare business.
Lesson 2: Licensing and Registering Your Daycare BusinessIt is the responsibility of every daycare provider to know what the local and state requirements are and to follow them.
Lesson 3: Preparing Your Home for BusinessBasic startup needs and costs will be determined by a variety of factors, including your location, the number of children you decide to care for, as well as their age range.
Lesson 4: Safety First!Regardless of the ages of the children a daycare provider decides upon, children of all ages must be able to enjoy a safe and protected environment.
Lesson 5: Setting Ground RulesThis lesson will cover meeting new parents and children, the importance of maintaining accurate records, and the necessity of certain types of forms to prepare for your home daycare business.
Lesson 6: Structure BasicsThis lesson will briefly cover some of the basic care that home daycare providers should offer in their business that are geared to meet individual needs and age brackets.
Lesson 7: Dealing with BehaviorsDaycare providers must also learn proper policies and procedures in terms of discipline so that harmony in the daycare setting is provided as well as satisfaction from parents.
Lesson 8: Dealing with ParentsIn this lesson, we will discuss different parental concerns regarding daycares, as well as the childcare provider's concerns in terms of running their business.
Lesson 9: Problem Solving TechniquesThis lesson focuses on several problem-solving techniques that may help childcare providers deal not only with children's bad habits, but those of parents as well.
Lesson 10: The Importance of SupportBeing able to admit that and you may need some extra help or support is essential in maintaining a smoothly functioning day care business as well as providing emotional and physical support for your own health.
Lesson 11: Marketing Your BusinessUnderstanding basic marketing strategies will help your business grow at a pace that you can easily manage.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Establish a plan to start a daycare service.
- Summarize licensing and registering requirements for your daycare business.
- Describe preparing your home for business.
- Summarize safety requirements before doing anything else.
- Summarize ground rules, structure, basics, and dealing with behaviors.
- Summarize strategies for dealing with parents.
- Describe ways to market the business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Quiz for Lesson 1: Making Plans||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Legal Requirements for DayCare||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2: Licensing and Registering Your Daycare Business||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Basic Startup Needs of Daycare Business||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3: Preparing Your Home for Business||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Childproofing in DayCare Center||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4: Safety First!||Exam||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 5: Setting Ground Rules||Exam||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 6: Structure Basics||Exam||9|
|Quiz for Lesson 7: Dealing with Behaviors||Exam||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 8: Dealing with Parents||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Dealing with Bad Habits||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9: Problem Solving Techniques||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Support from Family and Friends||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10: The Importance of Support||Exam||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 11: Marketing Your Business||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||54|
- "THE WHOLE COURSE WAS GREAT!" -- Gretchen S.
- "A very informative course covering the basics on how to start a home daycare." -- Tracy C.
- "I particularly liked the last lesson because I was struggling with the marketing aspect of my daycare." -- Meghan S.
- "All of the lessons were helpful to me!" -- Tamaron C.
- "The whole content was very well presented. Thanks." -- Evangeline A.
- "I really enjoyed taking this class. My experience as a mother helped me with this class. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with myself, and I think I want to work with children. I thought the instructor did an EXCELLENT job!" -- Kathleen C.
- "Thank you for the help. It was good experience and I really enjoyed learning new things for myself." -- Olga G.
- View More Testimonials...