with CEU Certificate*
The course also teaches how knowledge and good planning can make you a successful babysitter and discusses all aspects of safety not only for the children but also for yourself.
Babysitters need a lot of knowledge on caring for babies and children before they jump into babysitting. Use this course as a stepping stone into your career and then enhance your knowledge by taking a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course offered by the Red Cross.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Babysitting BasicsWelcome to the babysitting course, and congratulations. By taking this course, you are giving yourself a head start in learning about the challenges of babysitting, and how to overcome them.
Lesson 2: A Babysitter's PlanThe last lesson discussed what you needed to think about, and to do, to become an effective babysitter. This lesson talks about putting a plan together, and learning the things you need to know to become a good babysitter.
Lesson 3: The InterviewIn the last lesson, you learned how to prepare and market yourself as a babysitter. This lesson talks about the next step in the process -- the interview -- and what you need to say and do to get the job.
Lesson 4: Becoming the BabysitterIn the last lesson, you learned how to successfully interview for the job of a babysitter. This lesson discusses what to do, and what not to do, when you are in charge of taking care of children -- and how to practice what you have learned in previous les
Lesson 5: Activities and DisciplineIn the last lesson, you learned what to do, and what not to do, while you are in charge. This lesson discusses activities you can share with the kids, and how to handle discipline problems with kids of all ages.
Lesson 6: Indoor Safety and SecurityOne of the goals of this course has been to emphasize safety in all aspects of babysitting. This lesson is all about indoor safety, and things you should look out for and do to prevent accidents while babysitting.
Lesson 7: Outdoor Safety and SecurityThis lesson looks at safety and security of yourself and the children in your care when you are outdoors. Just as you should be watchful about things that could cause you and the kids harm indoors, the outdoors can be even more dangerous.
Lesson 8: Caring for Kids - FeedingThis lesson is about food preparation for kids of different ages,the dos and don'ts of feeding, and food safety. As a babysitter, you should know how to prepare simple meals for both toddlers and older children.
Lesson 9: Caring for Kids - Bath and Nap TimeThis lesson is about the pros and cons of bathing children and putting them to bed. Bath time and nap time can be quite challenging if you are unprepared. In this Lesson, you will learn how best to handle giving a baby or toddler a bath, including safety.
Lesson 10: Special CircumstancesThe final lesson in this course discusses the special circumstances you may have to handle as a babysitter. It covers basic first aid, caring for sick kids, collecting your payment, and many other topics you need to know about as a babysitter.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of a babysitter.
- Summarize the babysitting plan.
- Demonstrate how to conduct an interview.
- Describe the processes involved in becoming a babysitter.
- Summarize the appropriate activities a babysitter should utilize.
- Summarize indoor and outdoor safety and security
- Summarize the proper methods and procedures for feeding kids, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Thinking and Planning||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Quiz: Babysitting Basics||Exam||14|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Getting Started||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Quiz: A Babysitters Plan||Exam||14|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Interviewing||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Quiz: The Interview||Exam||15|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Safe Sitting||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Quiz: Becoming the Babysitter||Exam||13|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Handing Discipline||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Quiz: Activities and Discipline||Exam||15|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Keeping Safe||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Quiz: Indoor Safety and Security||Exam||15|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Outside Safety||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Quiz: Outdoor Safety and Security||Exam||15|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Feeding Toddlers||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Quiz: Caring for Kids- Feeding||Exam||15|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Bed Time||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Quiz: Caring for Kids - Bath and Nap Time||Exam||15|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: The Whole Picture||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 10 Quiz: Special Circumstances||Exam||15|
|The Final Exam||Exam||25|
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$110.001.8 CEUs
- Early Childhood Development 101$90.000.8 CEUs
- Behavior Management 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Problem Solving Strategies$60.000.6 CEUs
- Acrylic Painting 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.001.0 CEUs
- Autism 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How To Coach Youth Basketball$55.000.6 CEUs
- Reading Comprehension 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know$80.001.0 CEUs
- Personality Development$60.001.4 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$85.001.0 CEUs
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher$80.001.0 CEUs
- First Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Second Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders$80.000.9 CEUs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers$80.000.9 CEUs
- Building Children's Reading Skills$65.001.1 CEUs
- How to Teach Reading Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Unit Studies 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers$85.001.0 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Psychology 101$90.001.6 CEUs
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges$70.003.0 CEUs