with CEU Certificate*
This course introduces the methods, theories and main concepts used by psychologists to develop a real insight into the world of children.
Child psychology is extremely important for a number of reasons, not the least of which is being able to understand and accurately predict a reasonable norm for child development. Proper discipline, teaching styles and communication styles are all based on understanding the psychology of childhood, which changes and develops over time. Intervention on behalf of children who have been raised in difficult circumstances or faced traumatic events also hinges on understanding child psychology -- children don't cope with situations in the same way adults do because they do not process information the same way and do not have the same emotional or reasoning skills.
By studying child psychology, we can better understand children and equip them to become well-adjusted, more adaptable adults who are capable of living rich and varied lives. We can help our children through crises and enrich their daily lives by interacting with them in ways that are appropriate to their developmental levels. Is it any wonder that so many people choose to study child developmental psychology every year?
This course is for all those who want to find out what psychology can tell us about the nature and development of children. This study is intended for students of psychology , those training to work with children in a variety of professional roles, or anyone just interested in understanding how children develop.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. The Concept of ChildhoodThis lesson discusses the differences in the perception of children from the Middle Ages to the Industrial Revolution.
Lesson 2. Early Biological Factors in Child PsychologyThis lesson focuses on the developments in the embryonic stage and genetic and drug related defects.
Lesson 3. Major Schools of Child PsychologyThis lesson describes different child psychology theorists and the criticisms of each.
Lesson 4. Piaget's Theory of Cognitive DevelopmentThis lesson discusses Piaget's theories of cognitive development in children.
Lesson 5. Vygotsky's Theory of Social Cognitive DevelopmentThis lesson examines Vygotsky's theory of children's development through social interactions.
Lesson 6. Erikson's Eight Stages of DevelopmentThis lesson explains Erikson's, "Eight stages of man," from birth to death.
Lesson 7. Development of LanguageThis lesson focuses on the different stages of speech and language development.
Lesson 8. Nature versus NurtureThis lesson discusses the genetic and environmental influences to child development.
Lesson 9. Family Dynamics and Child PsychologyThis lesson discusses the importance of birth order and the affects of divorce or a loss of a parent on a child.
Lesson 10. Applied Child PsychologyThis lesson focuses on the importance of providing an enriched and interactive environment to help a child develop positive self esteem.
Lesson 11. Psychological Testing and ChildrenThis lesson describes the different types of tests to determine psychological or developmental issues in children.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what child psychology is.
- Recognize early biological factors in child psychology.
- Describe the major schools of child psychology.
- Summarize Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development.
- Summarize Vygotsky's Theory of Sociocognitive Development.
- Define Erikson's Eight Stages of Development.
- Describe the processes of the development of language.
- Define nurture.
- Summarize the affect of family dynamics on child psychology, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||17|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||16|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||22|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||19|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||18|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||21|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||16|
|Lesson 11: Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||15|
- Organizational Psychology 101$110.000.8 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Early Childhood Development 101$90.000.8 CEUs
- Sensitivity Training in the Workplace$70.000.9 CEUs
- Behavior Management 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Management Essentials$60.000.7 CEUs
- Problem Solving Strategies$60.000.6 CEUs
- Fundamentals of Cross-Cultural Communication$60.000.8 CEUs
- Acrylic Painting 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.001.0 CEUs
- Autism 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- How To Coach Youth Basketball$55.000.6 CEUs
- The Art of Breathing$50.001.0 CEUs
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know$80.001.0 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$80.001.2 CEUs
- Personality Development$60.001.4 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$85.001.0 CEUs
- Relaxation 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher$80.001.0 CEUs
- First Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Second Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$95.001.0 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Stress Management$75.001.0 CEUs
- Meditation 101: Learn How to Meditate$55.001.1 CEUs
- Business Management$110.001.1 CEUs