Course Syllabus: Understanding Financial Statements
with CEU Certificate*
Accounting is considered by many to be the language of business. However, the real language of business lies within accounting, inside the financial statements and financial reporting system. The purpose of these lessons is to provide a communication tool more than anything else. Financial statements such as the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, and the statement of stockholders' equity are all used as communication tools to answer questions within a company. They also give the user specific insight into the financial position and the financial health of a company over a defined period of time. Financial statements are designed as a systematic way of describing the financial operations that a company is involved with.
These lessons with take the user from the beginning stages of accounting and GAAP principles, through the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, and statement of stockholders' equity. Next, the lessons take the users through applied financial statement analysis involving the movement of cash flow through a company and its effects, along with financial ratio analysis which is one of the fundamental methods for stock investors. Finally, the lessons will cover the topics of accounting fraud, the mechanisms of frau, how to spot fraud, and even the methods that are used by unscrupulous accountants and business managers to commit fraud or "cook the books".
These lessons are designed to give the user a solid fundamental understanding of financial statements which are used with the intent of providing the user a 360 degree view of a company and its operating information which can be used by accountants, managers, and investors to make smart and strategic business decisions.
- Business Activities and Working Capitals' Influence on Business Cash Flow
- The Role of Cash Flow in Understanding Financial Statements
- Objectives and Limitations of Performing a Financial Ratio Analysis
- Understanding Financial Statements: GAAP and FASB
- Financial Ratios Calculations
- Preparation for Developing a Millionaire Mindset: How to Keep Passion in Your Life and Work
- How to Take Advantage of Outlines, Custom Views, and Templates in Excel 2019
- Financial Analysis Tools: Current Asset and Debt Management
- How to Use Get and Transform to Perform Queries in Excel 2019
- The Process Involved in Procurement Management
- Basic Punctuation Usage Everyone Should Know
- Basic Operational Budgeting Concepts in Financial Analysis
- Bribery and Corruption Industry Considerations
- Types of Business Model to Consider as a Business Consultant
- Business Tips for Proper E-mail Etiquette