with CEU Certificate*
Face painting, simply defined, is the act of applying cosmetic paint to a person's face for entertainment, theatrical, or even symbolic reasons. We see examples of face painting at Halloween or at school carnivals and other charity functions where face painter's set up booths.
However, face painting is not a trend that's come about in recent years, as you will soon learn. It's also not a craft that's limited to Halloween or to entertain small children. Once you learn the art of face painting, you will be surprised at the number of ways you can put your skill to use, either for fun or profit.
This course is designed to introduce someone who's never painted a face before to this intriguing art. It also goes one step further and provides detailed instructions for getting started, application techniques that you can use, and outlines of patterns so that you can start to paint faces like you've been doing it for years.
- The history of face painting
- How to learn to paint nearly any design you want
- The tools you'll need to be a successful face painter
- The types of paint you can use
- How to use the brushes and sponges to create beautiful designs
- How to create tribal art, animal faces, scary faces, and more
- The steps to create 6 beautiful designs--you'll be a pro at creating these by the end of the course!
- All about cheek painting
- How to make money from face painting
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: IntroductionFace painting, simply defined, is the act of applying cosmetic paint to a person's face for entertainment, theatrical, or even symbolical reasons.
Lesson 2: Face Painting in History and TodaySince ancient times, face painting has been used for ceremonious, hunting, religious, battle, and military reasons.
Lesson 3: Face Painting SuppliesThere are lots of different types of paints, brushes, and other accessories that you can buy for face painting.
Lesson 4: Becoming a Face Painting ArtistFor the purpose of this lesson, we are going to assume that you've never painted a face before or, if you have, that you've only done the most amateur of face painting designs on your children for Halloween.
Lesson 5: Safety Tips for Face PaintingThe last thing you want is to cause anyone skin or health problems because of the design you've painted on their face.
Lesson 6: Preparing the Painter and the Face for PaintingAs a face painter, the face is your canvas. If you were using paper, you wouldn't want to use sandpaper or paper that's been soaked by the rain.
Lesson 7: Planning Your DesignsWhen you're first starting out, it's helpful to always sketch your designs on paper before you ever apply them to the face.
Lesson 8: How to Select and Use Brushes and SpongesIn this lesson we are going to teach you how to select a brush for a design, how to use sponges, and teach you to paint faces.
Lesson 9: Basic Designs: Animals and BugsAs you start out painting faces, you want to choose designs with simple lines and shapes. Some designs are very intricate.
Lesson 10: More Designs: Clowns and Scary FacesLet's continue with more basic designs that you can quickly and easily learn to paint.
Lesson 11: Tribal Designs and Cheek PaintingTribal designs are getting more and more popular with young people and adults. You see more of them as tattoos, and you are also seeing more requests for tribal designs at face painting booths.
Lesson 12: Face Painting as a CareerThere are plenty of face painters out there who make their living creating designs on people's faces.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize face painting in history and today.
- Identify face painting supplies.
- Summarize safety tips for face painting.
- Prepare the painter and the face for painting.
- Plan your design and select the proper brushers and sponges.
- Identify and use basic designs in face painting.
- Demonstrate tribal designs and cheek painting, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Introduction||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Face Painting in History and Today||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3: Face Painting Supplies||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: Becoming a Face Painting Artist||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5: Safety Tips for Face Painting||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: Preparing the Painter and the Face for Painting||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: Planning Your Designs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: How to Select and Use Brushes and Sponges||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Basic Designs: Animals and Bugs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: More Designs: Clowns and Scary Faces||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Tribal Designs and Cheek Painting||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment A||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Assignment B||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12: Face Painting as a Career||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||100|
- How To Draw 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Knitting 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Candle Making 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Braiding Hair 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Sewing 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start a Craft Business$70.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs