with CEU Certificate
The course also covers assessment, intervention, rehabilitation and recovery, and includes a list of helpful resources. For anyone who has an interest in any aspect of drug and alcohol abuse, this course can prove to be a very beneficial tool. So join us today!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Drug and Alcohol Abuse -- Awareness, Counseling, and PreventionAn introduction to the causes, consequences, and solutions related to the persistent culture of addiction in today's society.
Lesson 2: Availability of DrugsYou may wonder how illegal drugs end up in the hands of kids. Old films showed us seedy characters in dark trench coats offering evil drugs to innocent children.
Lesson 3: Why Do Humans Abuse Substances?People choose to alter their consciousness for hundreds of reasons. The use of drugs and alcohol to get high is not a new phenomenon, even though today's choices may be more varied.
Lesson 4: Dependence and AddictionIt is important to know that addiction has been studied extensively. Abuse of substances does not necessarily imply addiction.
Lesson 5: Effects of Use and Dependency -- Potential Social Consequences of Substance AbuseIt could be argued that abuse of substances is a personal choice. If an individual chooses to compromise his or her own health and quality of life, can we just take the attitude of "live and let live?"
Lesson 6: Prevention in the HomeIn this course, we will touch on programs and methods that have been deemed most successful by schools and parenting organizations.
Lesson 7: SchoolsApproximately 80 percent of our country's public school systems have implemented some kind of drug prevention program. Many have been discontinued due to budget cuts, and some have been eliminated because they simply have not worked.
Lesson 8: Workplace PreventionOf the 20.4 million adults classified with substance dependence or abuse, 12.3 million (60.4 percent) were employed full-time.
Lesson 9: Assessment and InterventionAssessment involves a number of questions about drug and alcohol use, including current use and use in the past, as well as the level and consistency of use.
Lesson 10: TreatmentWhen we can accept that addiction is actually a disease, we can approach its treatment much like we would approach treating other chronic diseases, like diabetes or asthma.
Lesson 11: Following UpRecovery does not end when rehab is over. There is a high rate of relapse after rehabilitation, and rehab clinicians and counselors are aware of the odds.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe drug and alcohol abuse -- awareness, counseling, and prevention.
- Summarize availability of drugs.
- Describe why humans abuse substances.
- Summarize dependence and addiction.
- Summarize effects of use and dependency -- potential social consequences of substance abuse.
- Describe prevention in the home.
- Summarize schools and drug use.
- Summarize workplace prevention techniques and policies of drug use.
- Determine assessment and intervention of drug abusers.
- Determine drug abuse treatment.
- Summarize following up techniques, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Introduction - Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Awareness, Counseling and Prevention||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Availability of Drugs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Why do Humans Abuse Substances?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: Dependence and Addiction||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Effects of Use and Dependancy - Potential Social Consequences of Substance Abuse||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: Prevention in the Home||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Schools||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: Workplace Prevention||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Assessment and Intervention||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: Treatment||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Following Up||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||52|
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$60.001.0 CEUs
- Stress Management$60.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Depression Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders$80.000.9 CEUs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers$80.000.9 CEUs
- Anger Management 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Domestic Violence 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$65.001.8 CEUs
- Babysitting 101$60.001.0 CEUs