- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.0 CEUs :: 10 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Domestic violence, sometimes called domestic abuse, is reaching epidemic proportions and affects men, women and children of all races and social and economic levels. In order to stem the tide of domestic abuse we have to not only stop the abuse and protect the victims, we also have to understand what triggers the abuse so that the next generation of families can learn to live abuse-free.
Course topics will include:
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Who are the Victims?
- Recognizing the Signs of Domestic Violence
- Why Victims Stay with Abusers
- How You Can Help Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Legal Issues such as: PFA's and PRO's
- What the police and courts can and can't do
- Handling divorce and custody issues
- How to Keep Safe such as: Safety Measures for yourself and your children
- Escape plans in case you need to flee
- Understanding who to turn to in an emergency
- The After-Effects of Domestic Abuse
- Moving On: Relationships After Abuse
- The fall-out for families
- Steps to take for success
- Helping Domestic Abuse Survivors
- Stopping the Cycle of Abuse
- Stopping Abuse Forever
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. What is Domestic Violence?Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse, and Verbal Abuse. Who are the Victims?
Lesson 2. Recognizing the Signs of Domestic ViolencePhysical Clues Emotional and Social Clues
Lesson 3. Why Victims Stay with AbusersLack of self-esteem Fear of change Fear of reprisal No support network
Lesson 4. How You Can Help Victims of Domestic AbuseEmotional Support Resources Intervention
Lesson 5. Legal IssuesPFA's (Protection From Abuse) and PRO's (Permanent Restraining Order). What the police and courts can and cannot do. Handling divorce and custody issues.
Lesson 6. Keeping SafeSafety measures for yourself and your children. Escape plans in case you need to flee. Understanding who to turn to in an emergency.
Lesson 7. The After-Effects of Domestic AbuseThe After-Effects of Domestic Abuse.
Lesson 8. Moving On, Relationships After AbuseRelationships After Abuse. The fall-out for families. Steps to take for success.
Lesson 9. Helping Domestic Abuse SurvivorsCounseling for the Abused. Counseling for the Abuser.
Lesson 10. Stopping the Cycle of AbuseRecognizing the early signs of potential abuse. Getting over the "MYOB" mentality. Couples counseling. Learning how to communicate. Dealing with stress and frustration.
Lesson 11. Stopping Abuse ForeverEducating the Next Generation. Premarital Counseling. Changing Society's Views.
Average Lesson Rating: (1315 votes)
10 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Domestic Violence 101
Course Number: 7550247
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: General Education
CEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CEU Standard: Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: domesticabuse.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Michelle Money
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define domestic violence.
- Recognize signs of domestic violence.
- Describe the reasons why victims stay with abusers.
- Describe ways you can help victims of domestic abuse.
- Summarize the legal issues involved with domestic violence.
- Describe methods for keeping safe from domestic abuse.
- Describe the after-effects of domestic abuse.
- Summarize methods for helping domestic abuse survivors with life after abuse.
- Describe methods for stopping the cycle of abuse, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam: What is Domestic Violence?||Exam||140|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Recognizing the Signs of Domestic Violence||Exam||150|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Why Victims Stay with Abusers||Exam||150|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam: How You Can Help Victims of Domestic Abuse||Exam||140|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Legal Issues||Exam||160|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Keeping Safe||Exam||141|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam: The After-Effects of Domestic Abuse||Exam||150|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Moving On: Relationships After Abuse||Exam||150|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Helping Domestic Abuse Survivors||Exam||140|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Stopping the Cycle of Abuse||Exam||140|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Stopping Abuse Forever||Exam||150|
|The Final Exam||Exam||52|
- Assertiveness Training 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Spiritual Counseling 101$65.001.3 CEUs
- Stress Management 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity 101$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Depression Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- Anger Management 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Building Self Esteem$60.000.4 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$65.001.8 CEUs
- Counseling Psychology 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Psychology 101$90.001.6 CEUs
- Sociology 101$90.001.5 CEUs
- Criminology Basics$60.000.7 CEUs