Online Class: Aromatherapy 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Aromatherapy Course DescriptionHave you always wanted to learn the secrets of how to blend ingredients and make your own bath and massage oils, or hand and face lotions, or room refreshers and potpourri? Then this is the class for you!This is a self-paced beginner's course demystifying aromatherapy and showing you many ways to add fragrance to your life. You'll gain enough knowledge to start trying some simple blends and the courage to experiment with creating your own unique blends. You'll learn ways to add fragrance to your life, you'll learn a little about the plants and the history; you'll learn what exactly are these things called essential oils and carrier oils; you'll learn how to dilute and blend; you'll learn where to buy the oils and supplies; and you'll learn the correct way to measure and blend. Plus, we'll go into safety and storage issues and you'll be given many recipes for beginning concoctions.If you're interested in alternative medicine, cooking (sensory recipes), gardening, cosmetics, your home environment, starting down the road to becoming an aromatherapist, or adding to your salon or spa business, you'll find a treasure load of information in this course.
This self-paced, instructor-led course provides clear and simple steps to demystify the jargon and bring aromatherapy products and procedures into your everyday routine.
We will learn how the oils were discovered and developed, where to obtain essential oils, and how to blend and store oils. We will also cover how to use the oils in complexion and skin products, compresses, massage therapy, fragrancing a home and so much more. If you've always had a desire to create healthy, natural alternatives to all those chemically-laden, commercial beauty products, then please join us today!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Aromatherapy Course Lessons
Lesson 1: Introduction to Aromatherapy 101Information about how the course will work.
Lesson 2 : What Is AromatherapyA short explanation and history of aromatherapy's development.
Lesson 3: How Essential Oils Are ProducedExplanations and information about the extraction processes.
Lesson 4: How Essential Oils WorkHow essential oils work and can work for you to scent your life.
Lesson 5: Seven Essential Oils for BeginnersInformation on seven of the more popular oils for beginners.
Lesson 6: Carrier OilsOils for diluting, carrying, and delivering essential oils.
Lesson 7: Turning Your Kitchen Into Your LabEquipment and directions you will need to start blending.
Lesson 8: Easy Ways to Use AromatherapyIdeas for incorporating fragrance into your life.
Lesson 9: Making Your Own ScentsAromatherapy ideas and more recipes.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Aromatherapy 101Course Number: 30409Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: therapy.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Cathleen ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $35.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $60.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what aromatherapy is and how it is useful.
- Identify essential oils and describe how they work.
- Identify carrier oils and describe how they work.
- Be prepared to make your own scents.
- Identify ways to add aromatherapy to various parts of your life, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Introduction Assignment 10 Lesson 2: Scent Exploration Assignment 20 Quiz 1.1 Exam 50 Lesson 3: Retail Websites Assignment 10 Quiz 2 Exam 45 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 10 Quiz 3 Exam 25 Lesson 5: Research an Essential Oil Assignment 20 Quiz 4 Exam 50 Lesson 6 Assignment: Carrier Oils Assignment 5 Quiz 5 Exam 45 Lesson 7: Perfume Elements Assignment 10 Quiz 6 Exam 50 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 20 Quiz 7 Exam 9 Lesson 9: Your Ideas Assignment 10 Final Test Exam 70 Total Points: 459
- "The entire course was good for me. I have done a lot of reasearch but this presentation put everything in an organized way that made it easier to retain....It was a pleasure." -- Dianne E.
- "I found all parts of the course helpful as I have never done an online course before." -- Leonie C.
- "I enjoyed the experience." -- Alice G.
- "The instructor's reply to any questions were prompt and by her answers, I knew she loved teaching this class and it is obvious she is very educated in this field. Very knowledgable." -- Frances H.
- "This was a fun and informative introduction to aromatherapy!" -- Alexandra T.
- "Over all and charming and fun experience that has refreshed my use of essential oils that I handle eveyday in smell therpay sessions." -- Rebecca E.
- "The entire course was very beneficial....What an excellent instructor. She is very knowledgeable in the area of Aromatherapy." -- Cheryl H.
- View More Testimonials...