Online Class: Loan Processing 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
Regardless of whether your goal is to work with mortgages/home loans, automobile loans, school/college loans, small business or personal loans, this course will provide you with the tools to help you better understand the overall lending industry and the specific responsibilities undertaken by loan officers from evaluating client's credit histories and financial data to seeking out appropriate lending sources and preparing final loan documentation.
Also important for potential loan officer candidates to understand is that the lending environment has a great deal of options with respect to the types of loans available to clients. With varying payment structures, there is a loan type that is custom fit for each and every individual based upon his/her individual earning styles and motivations for paying off the loan with a defined period of time.
And, pertaining to the loan officer's earning, there is also a range of incentive structures via which to earn money based upon one's performance as opposed to being relegated to earn a flat fee on an ongoing basis.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1 : Introduction to the Loan Officer/Processor Career
Lesson 2 : General Financial Lending Industry Overview
Lesson 3 : Steps to Becoming a Loan Officer/Processor
Lesson 4 : Basic Skills
Lesson 5 : Categories of Loans
Lesson 6 : Types of Loan Programs
Lesson 7 : Loan Process & Structuring
Lesson 8 : The Loan Application
Lesson 9 : The Credit Report
Lesson 10 : Final Loan Documentation
Lesson 11 : Loan Processing Step-By-Step Procedures
Lesson 12: Underwriting
Lesson 13 : Payment Calculations
Lesson 14 : Incentives, How a Loan Officer Makes Money
Lesson 15 : Defaults on Loans
Lesson 16 : Current Regulations and Legislation Affecting Loans
Lesson 17 : Basic Loan Terminology, Acronyms and Resources
- Define the role of the Loan Officer.
- Describe general financial lending industry.
- Describe the steps to becoming a loan officer/processor.
- Define basic skills needed for this career option.
- Define categories of loans.
- Define types of loan programs.
- Summarize the loan process and loan structuring.
- Summarize the loan application.
- Describe the credit report.
- Identify final loan documentation.
- Demonstrate loan processing step-by-step procedures.
- Summarize underwriting.
- Describe payment calculations.
- Describe incentives, how a loan officer makes money.
- Summarize defaults on loans.
- Summarize current regulations and legislations affecting loans.
- Define basic loan terminology and acronyms.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- "The Instructor was great and put together a great way of learning Loan Processing." -- Donna P.
- "I enjoyed the class." -- Eileen T.
- "I felt all the material given was able to explain everything I needed to know about Loan Processing and the procedures that it takes to be a good Loan Officer. I enjoyed taking this online course." -- Wesley H.
- "It was great to be able to still do my job and take the course when it was convenient." -- Ardeth L.
- "I enjoyed it, and my instructor was very nice." -- Katherine N.
- 29 hours 2.9 CEUs Human Resources Productivity Course Bundle $120.00
- 32 hours 3.2 CEUs Economics: Complete Edition $150.00
- 87 hours 8.7 CEUs Writing Help Course Bundle $135.00
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Journalism 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Small Business Guide $95.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Purchasing and Vendor Management 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Lean Management $95.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Introduction to Six Sigma $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Legal Terminology 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Listening Skills 101 $95.00
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Travel Writing 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Managerial Accounting 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Home Business $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Accounts Receivable Management $95.00
- 2 hours 0.2 CEUs Understanding Insurance Types $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Business Ethics $95.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs ABCs of Technical Writing $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Collaboration Skills $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Delegation Skills $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Payroll Management 101 $95.00
- 19 hours 1.9 CEUs Business Writing $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Community Development 101 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Decision Making Skills $95.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Business Management $110.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Understanding Financial Statements $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Introduction to Ethics $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Critical Thinking $95.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Negotiation Skills $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Procurement Management $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Leadership Skills for Managers $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Team Building 101 $95.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Product Management 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Workplace Safety $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Habits of Millionaires $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Writing Effective Persuasion $95.00
- 32 hours 3.2 CEUs Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone $95.00