with CEU Certificate
A result of inadequate parenting
Nor is it a learning disability.
And a diagnosis certainly needn't be viewed as a life long sentence to mediocrity, emptiness, dissatisfaction or lack of either fulfillment or productivity.
Autism is plainly and simply a neurobiological condition (more specifically a neurodevelopmental disorder) that comes with lifelong challenges but also brings with it some fantastic lifelong opportunities for growth. Opportunities which are not only limited to the person who has the condition, but also for siblings and other family members, friends and supporters.
Certainly, nobody has to be condemned to a less than first rate life because they are labeled in some way, or another, as being defective or less than they can be, solely because they are autistic. Yes, it can be frightening (particularly to a new parent) when a child is diagnosed with a condition that has no known cure and about which many doctors and researchers still disagree. And yes, it may be a different life than a parent would have envisaged.
BUT there is much more than just hope, there are living breathing examples of autistic people who have achieved much and will continue to achieve do so, such as the widely acknowledged Dr Temple Grandin (college professor, sought after professional speaker and inventor).
Famous people of the past who were very likely to have been in some way autistic, include such as Albert Einstein. So autism is not only treatable but can in many ways utilized and developed as a gift.
This course will give you an insight into this condition (once considered very rare) which touches many more lives than people realize, or even care to admit. There is much reason for hope!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - Autism: Myths and MisconceptionsLesson 1 - Myths & Misconceptions
Lesson 2: An Overview of a Special World -- Autism!Lesson 2: An Overview of a Special World - Autism!
Lesson 3: Exploring the History and Language of AutismLesson 3: Exploring the History and Language of Autism
Lesson 4: Symptoms, Screening, and DiagnosisLesson 4: Symptoms, Screening, and Diagnosis
Lesson 5: Treatment Options - Understanding, Evaluating, Deciding, and ManagingLesson 5: Treatment Options - Understanding, Evaluating, Deciding, and Managing
Lesson 6: Education -- You, Yours, and Everyone Else!Lesson 6: Education -- You, Yours, and Everyone Else!
Lesson 7: Family Life With AutismLesson 7: Family Life With Autism
Lesson 8: The Beginning of Life: A Child With AutismLesson 8: The Beginning of Life: A Child With Autism
Lesson 9: Continuing Life: Living as an Autistic AdultLesson 9:Continuing Life: Living as an Autistic Adult
Lesson 10: Communicating Within the Autistic WorldLesson 10: Communicating Within the Autistic World
Lesson 11: Support Is Often the Key - Choices and OptionsLesson 11: Support Is Often the Key - Choices and Options
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe the myths and misconceptions of autism.
- Describe the history of autism.
- Identify the symptoms of autism, describe screening techniques for autism, and recognize the diagnosis of autism.
- Identify and evaluate various treatments of autism.
- Describe ways to manage autism.
- Describe family life with autism.
- Identify the differences between managing a child with autism and managing an adult with autism.
- Demonstrate various techniques to communicate with an autistic person, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 - Myths & Misconceptions||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 - An Overview of a Special World - Autism!||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 - Exploring the history & language of Autism||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 - Symptoms, Screening & Diagnosis||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 - Treatment Options - Understanding, Evaluating, Deciding & Managing||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 - Education: You, Yours and Everyone else!||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 - Family Life with Autism||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 - The Beginning of Life – A Child with Autism||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 - Continuing Life; Living as an Autistic Adult||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 - Communicating within the Autistic World||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11- Support is Often the Key - Choices & Options||Exam||8|
|The Final Exam||Exam||51|
- Assertiveness Training$60.001.1 CEUs
- Early Childhood Development 101$70.000.8 CEUs
- Behavior Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Problem Solving Strategies$60.000.6 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.001.0 CEUs
- Abnormal Psychology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.001.0 CEUs
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know$80.001.0 CEUs
- Personality Development$60.001.4 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$60.001.0 CEUs
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher$80.001.0 CEUs
- First Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Second Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders$80.000.9 CEUs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers$80.000.9 CEUs
- Anger Management 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$65.001.8 CEUs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers$85.001.0 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Psychology 101$90.001.6 CEUs
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges$70.003.0 CEUs
- Sociology 101$90.001.5 CEUs
- Special Education: Foundations, Behavior, Curriculum, Instruction, and Evaluation$110.003.0 CEUs
- Special Ed: Effective and Significant Approaches$55.000.9 CEUs