Online Class: Spanish Cooking 101
with CEU Certificate*
Spanish cookery reflects the Spanish lifestyle; laid back, relaxed cooking that uses fresh beautiful ingredients that are available seasonally and prepared by cooks that are intuitive and resourceful.
This course comprises 12 lessons that take you through the wide spectrum of Spanish cuisine, sampling the delights of the Mediterranean and bringing some of the Spanish atmosphere to your dinner table. Perfect for the amateur or the experienced cook, each lesson takes you through a number of recipes step by step with pictures of each stage.
The course begins with a brief introduction to the history and geography of Spanish cuisine and finishes with a lesson in how to recognize the wines of the country and match them with meal types. In between, there is a little of everything, from vegetarian dishes and salads to steaks and seafood...
If you have ever enjoyed tapas or whipped up an omelet for lunch then you will have some idea of how versatile and delicious Spanish style food can be, if not, then you have lots of fun recipes to try! No prior knowledge is assumed, if you can chop up a few vegetables then you have the know-how you need to get started and enjoy an adventure into all things Spanish and delicious. The key to success in this course is throwing yourself into the cooking process and really letting yourself get creative with the recipes. The pride you will feel when you serve up these dishes will make the whole process of preparing and cooking them so worthwhile that they will become firm favorites for family dinners or serving to guests.
Lesson 1 Spanish Cuisine; An Introduction
Lesson 2 Dips
Lesson 3 Olive Dishes
Lesson 4 Tapas
Lesson 5 Tapas II
Lesson 6 Tapas III
Lesson 7 Main Meals - Chicken
Lesson 8 Beef Dishes
Lesson 9 Salads
Lesson 10 Seafood
Lesson 11 Seafood IILesson 12 Spanish Wine
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Make a Spanish Dip||1|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Make an Olive Dish||1|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 11 Exam||2|
|Lesson 12 Exam||5|
- Kitchen Sanitation: Foodborne Illnesses and Temperature Control
- Dealing with Special Situations for Waiter and Waitress Training
- Liability, Legal, Maximizing Revenue and other Restaurant Management Considerations
- How to Make French Macarons
- The Essentials of Customer Service in Restaurant Management
- Kitchen Sanitation: How to Properly Handle Utensils and Food Supply
- How to Successfully Team Build Your Restaurant Staff
- Brief Look at Spanish History
- The Waiter and Waitress Guide to Properly Taking Food Orders from Restaurant Guests
- Spanish Culture: Past and Present