with CEU Certificate
This course will provide many resources from test tips and strategies, exercises, assignments, practice tests and researched netlinks attached to many test topics to be read at your own leisure.
The GED test covers a wealth of information within the four-test sections. These test sections include Reasoning through the Language Arts,Social Studies, Science Studies, and Mathematical Reasoning. You will not need to know all of the information in these areas to pass the GED, but you will need to know and understand several of the main topics in each area. This course provides a brief summary and numerous practice resources to use for each of these main topics.
This course is a preparation course only. You cannot take the GED® test online. UniversalClass does not administer state-sanctioned GED® tests.
We recommend the following steps to pass the official, state-administered, GED® test:
- Enroll in a GED® Preparation course (such as this one)
- Purchase all recommended GED® Preparation books and materials
- Study all course materials
- Take all practice tests in the course and book materials
- After you have mastered all material and passed all tests, you must sign up for the state-administered GED® test
- Take the GED® test in person approved by both your state and the American Council on Education with a proctor
- If you pass the state-administered GED® test, the state will issue you a high school equivalency diploma
*GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service®® brands are administered by GED Testing Service® LLC under license. THIS WORK IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR LICENSED BY AMERICAN COUNSEL ON EDUCATION OR GED Testing Service®, AND ANY REFERENCE TO "GED®" IN THE TITLE OR BODY OF THIS WORK IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO IMPLY AN AFFILIATION WITH, OR SPONSORSHIP BY, GED Testing Service® OR ANY STATE OR ENTITY AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE GED® BRANDED GOODS OR SERVICES.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Introduction for GED PreparationThis introductory lesson reviews information about the GED Test, such as what is on the test, where to take the test, and strategies for preparing for the test.
Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA)A review of this section of the GED exam
Sentence StructureTopics include: fragments, run-on sentences and comma splices, combing sentences with conjunctions, subordinating conjunctions, using active and passive voice, sentence structure and types of GED questions, dangling and misplaced modifiers, and parallel s
MechanicsTopics include: capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
OrganizationTopics include: Paragraph composition, topic sentences, and unity and coherence within a paragraph.
WritingThis lesson will break down how to write on the GED exam
Writing on the GED Exam continuedThis lesson includes additional information about writing on the GED Exam.
Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) - Part 2The content of this exam will be broken down and reviewed.
Interpreting Prose FictionEven if you're not an avid reader, learning to interpret prose fiction will aid you as you go through life.
CharacterizationCharacterization is the method a writer uses to create fictional people that seem lifelike and so real that you can imagine them in your mind.
Point of ViewThe point of view lets you know who is telling the story.
Interpreting PoetryPoetry is full of emotion and ideas. It may rhyme, but it doesn't have to rhyme to be considered poetry.
The Language of PoetryThe best poetry contains a lot of imagery and clever language. For that reason, poets use metaphors, similes, and personification to achieve this.
Interpreting DramaDrama is a form of literature that uses action to tell a story.
Interpreting Prose NonfictionAnything you can read that presents true, factual information is nonfiction, and it's all around us every day.
Literary NonfictionBiographies entertain as well as inform, and they let you get to know the person that the biography is written about better than you would have otherwise.
The Mathematics Test for the GED ExamThis lesson will go over information and formatting that will be on the Mathematics Exam.
Whole Numbers and OperationsLesson topics include Basic Operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), and solving word problems with Basic Operations.
Number SenseLesson topics include powers, exponents and square roots, as well as Order of Operations
Decimal NumbersLesson topics include place value and ordering decimals, decimal operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
Fractions and Fraction OperationsLesson topics include fractions and fraction operations, types of fractions, and operations with fractions
Number RelationshipsLesson topics include signed numbers, and multiplying & dividing signed numbers
Statistics and Data AnalysisLesson topics include ratios, rates, and proportions
PercentsLesson topics include converting percents to fractions and decimals (and vice versa!), and solving percent problems and interest problems.
ProbabilityLesson topics include probability, probability range, and dependent probability.
Data AnalysisLesson topics include measures of central tendency, finding the range, finding the mean, finding the median, finding the mode, and interpreting charts, tables and graphs.
AlgebraLesson topics include algebra expressions & equations, one-step and multi-step algebra equations, word problems, simplifying expressions inequalities, graphing and multiplying expressions
MeasurementLesson topics include standard and metric measurement, time-distance, and money calculations.
GeometryLesson topics include geometry vocabulary as well as measurements, angles and triangles relationships.
The Social Studies Test for the GED ExamThis lesson will go over information and question formatting that will be on this section of the GED exam.
More Class Lessons...
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of grammar topics.
- Demonstrate mastery of sentence structure and organization.
- Recognize frequent spelling and diction errors.
- Prepare for the essay test.
- Demonstrate mastery of reading tables, graphs, maps and political cartoons.
- Demonstrate mastery of history and economics.
- Demonstrate mastery of geography, political science and behavioral studies.
- Describe basic concepts of biology.
- Describe basic concepts of earth and space structure.
- Describe basic concepts of chemistry and physical science.
- Solve basic math, algebra, and geometry problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Sentence Structure Exam||Exam||20|
|Sentence Structure Practice 1||Exam||6|
|Sentence Structure Practice 2||Exam||7|
|Sentence Structure Practice 3||Exam||5|
|Sentence Structure Practice 4||Exam||10|
|Sentence Structure Practice 5||Exam||4|
|Sentence Structure Practice 6||Exam||5|
|Mechanics Practice 1||Exam||7|
|Mechanics Practice 2||Exam||5|
|Mechanics Practice 3||Exam||8|
|Essay Practice 1||Exam||4|
|Essay Practice 2||Exam||4|
|Essay Question 1 Exam||Exam||4|
|Essay Question Exam 2||Exam||4|
|Language Arts, Reading Exam 1-3||Exam||10|
|Language Arts, Reading Quiz 1-3||Exam||15|
|Language Arts, Reading Exam 4-5||Exam||10|
|Language Arts, Reading Quiz 4-5||Exam||15|
|Language Arts, Reading Exam 6||Exam||10|
|Language Arts, Reading Quiz 6||Exam||15|
|Language Arts, Reading Exam 7-8||Exam||10|
|Language Arts and Reading Review Test||Exam||39|
|Language Arts, Reading Quiz 7-8||Exam||15|
|Whole Numbers & Operations Practice||Exam||30|
|Number Sense Practice||Exam||27|
|Decimal Numbers Practice||Exam||25|
|Fractions & Fraction Operations Practice||Exam||30|
|Number Relationships Practice||Exam||25|
|Statistics & Data Analysis Practice||Exam||24|
|Data Analysis Practice||Exam||25|
|How to Read Social Studies Questions Practice||Exam||9|
|Reading Tables, Graphs, Maps and Political Cartoons Practice||Exam||9|
|World History, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|World History Practice Part 1||Exam||9|
|World History, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|World History Practice Part 2||Exam||6|
|World History, Part 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|World History Practice Part 3||Exam||8|
|World History, Part 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|World History Practice Part 4||Exam||8|
|US History, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|U.S. History Practice Part 1||Exam||9|
|US History, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|U.S. History Practice Part 2||Exam||6|
|US History, Part 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|U.S. History Practice Part 3||Exam||7|
|US History, Part 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|U.S. History Practice Part 4||Exam||6|
|US History, Part 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|U.S. History Practice Part 5||Exam||6|
|Civics and Government, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Civics and Government Practice Part 1||Exam||6|
|Civics and Government, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Civics and Government Practice Part 2||Exam||6|
|Economics, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Economic Practice Part 1||Exam||5|
|Economics, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Economics Practice 2||Exam||10|
|Social Studies Final Test||Exam||133|
|Biology Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Life Science: Biology Part 1 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Biology Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Biology Part 2 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Earth and Space Science Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Earth and Space Science Part 1 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Earth and Space Science Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Earth and Space Science Part 2 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Chemistry Part 1 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Chemistry, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Chemistry Part 2 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Chemistry, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Physics Part 1 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Physics, Part 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Physics Part 2 Quiz||Exam||15|
|Physics, Part 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Physics Part 3 Quiz||Exam||14|
|Physics, Part 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Science Test Review||Exam||90|
- American Revolutionary War 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- American History Review$80.001.3 CEUs
- Physics 101: Beginner to Intermediate Concepts$110.002.4 CEUs
- Organic Chemistry 101$105.002.5 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Biology 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Essentials of Ecology 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Chemistry 101$95.002.0 CEUs
- Twenty Women Who Changed American History$45.001.0 CEUs
- American Heroes and Villains$45.001.0 CEUs
- Marine Biology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Math 101$75.002.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Algebra$75.003.0 CEUs
- ABCs of Geometry$75.001.3 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.5 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- English Composition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- American Government$65.001.6 CEUs
- World War l and ll$80.002.7 CEUs
- American Wars: American Revolution and Civil War$75.001.4 CEUs