- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0.5 CEUs :: 5 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Is there intelligent life on other planets?
Have we been visited by aliens here on earth?
Are they walking amongst us?
What are the explanations for the saucers in the sky?
To date, no one has, or is willing, to give final proof or solid answers to any of these questions. The purpose behind this course is to help you keep your mind and eyes open. The big question is if there really is intelligent life out there, where is it? And what kind of evidence do we have today to prove it? With so many of the planets in our solar system seemingly too hot or cold, or proven to have no life of any type, our hope appears to be in other parts of the universe.
The Center for UFO Studies categorizes contacts as "close encounters" of the first, second or third kind: First encounters are objects or unexplained lights in space; second encounters are marked by the UFO having a type of physical effect on the Earth such as radioactivity or burn marks; and third encounters are reports of interactions between the witnesses and crew of an alien spaceship--often this relates to stories of "alien abductions".
Evidence that would convince most scientists of visitors from the sky is lacking, although there are stories about visual things in the sky since ancient times, and the idea still has appeal. There are fantastic stories--and yes, even some imaginative hoaxes! And there is even some compelling evidence to give credibility about the rumors the U.S. government actually possesses a crashed alien spaceship and alien bodies. Take this course and with the information provided, you'll be able to decide for yourself if there is a real phenomenon at work that warrants more scientific investigation; or perhaps you'll come to the conclusion that we are simply alone and unique in the universe.
The actual sightings of UFOs (unidentified flying objects) and interest in the paranormal are at an all time high. An insurmountable amount of evidence is available from many resources including eye witness accounts, photographs, paranormal studies, and pilots and aviation experts.
The goal of this online course is to study some of these UFO phenomena around the world, present UFO Case Studies as accurately as possible, and encourage students to contemplate the idea that we have been visited from another planet by intelligent life.
The course provides documented material, videos and netlinks. The instructor will be reviewing your assignments and is available for questions. Take this course and with the information provided, you'll be able to decide for yourself if there is a real phenomenon at work that warrants more scientific investigation by people willing to share their information with the public.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The UFO ControversyWhat is a UFO and why is it such a controversy?
Lesson 2: The UFO CoverupAre UFO sighting and evidence of intelligence life on other planets being covered up by world governments?
Lesson 3: UFO Congressional HearingsUFO Congressional Hearings, United Nations UFO Agency, Vatican Files/Blue Book Connection.
Lesson 4: UFO Case HistoriesLet's investigate UFO case files throughout history and around the world.
Lesson 5: Roswell Incident and Area 51Let's explore the myths and realities of the Roswell Incident and the legendary military base 'Area 51'.
Lesson 6: Crop CirclesExploring the myths, facts, and outright hoaxes regarding 'crop circles'.
Lesson 7: UFO AbductionsThe International Center for Abduction Research (ICAR) is an organization involved in investigating those who claim to have been abducted by aliens. ICAR provides accurate information to therapists and other individuals interested in abductions.
Lesson 8: UFO Sightings in Mexico and other Video ClipsIn recent years, UFO sightings in Mexico are at an all-time high. Amateur videographers have captured hundreds of hours of unexplained UFO sightings.
Lesson 9: Additional UFO ResourcesThis course would be remiss if you weren't steered toward the enormous amount of UFO resources available on the Internet.
Average Lesson Rating: (338 votes)
5 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: UFO Studies
Course Number: 7550452
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Hobby/Enthusiast
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: ufos.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: C. Michael McKenna
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $35.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $60.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the UFO controversy.
- Summarize the UFO coverup.
- Summarize UFO congressional hearings.
- Describe UFO case histories.
- Describe the Roswell Incident and Area 51.
- Describe the evidence and theories behind Crop Circles.
- Describe the evidence of UFO Abductions.
- Summarize popular UFO sightings including the recent UFO Sightings in Mexico, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Bonus Assignment #1||Assignment||0|
|Watch UFO Files on History Channel||Assignment||30|
|Why do we question the background of those who claim to see UFOs?||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||14|
|Why Cover Up?||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||18|
|Foo Fighters -- Beginning of a Cover Up?||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||18|
|Crop Circles -- Hoax or Not?||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||20|
|UFO Abduction Case Files||Assignment||25|
|Watch Fire in the Sky||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||18|
|Video Technology and UFO Sightings||Assignment||25|
- Cryptozoology 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Auras: Viewing, Identifying, and Understanding$65.001.2 CEUs
- Energy Healing$60.000.5 CEUs
- Astronomy 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Meteorology Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Cosmology 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- History of the Universe$65.001.2 CEUs
- Chakras 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Chakra Clearing$60.001.1 CEUs
- Reiki 1st Degree$60.001.2 CEUs
- Metaphysics 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Chakra Meditation 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- The Runes$80.001.1 CEUs
- Angel Healing$60.001.1 CEUs
- Crystal Therapy$65.001.1 CEUs
- Magick Basics$55.000.9 CEUs
- Numerology 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Wicca 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Astrology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Paranormal Investigation 101$55.000.6 CEUs