Testimonials for How to Write a Short Story
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
- "The instructor was very encouraging and helpful." -- Paul W.
- "What was most helpful was the thoroughness of it all." -- Cynthia S.
- "I think this course was by far the most helpful for someone starting out in this area." -- Deborah K.
- "The assignments challenged me to apply the information presented in each lesson. I also appreciated the exams. This course helped me to develop a good foundation for short story writing by explaining the basic information that every writer should know. I am now very confident that I have the right foundation for future writing projects." -- Sherma C.
- "The entire course was helpful to me. She is a great instructor, I've had the chance to have for 2 courses I've taken. She was always available for questions and offered constructive instructions during these courses. I'm looking forward to having her as an instructor for other writing courses I will be taking." -- Joy K.
- "All parts were helpful. Identifying the parts of the short story or rather the components of a short story." -- Patricia L.
- "Good course. Hope to take more!" -- Kyle B.
- "The instructor was very supportive, and downright inspiring!" -- Tyrone R.
- "I've had other story writing classes, but this one was by far the best. The way the instructor explained the steps of writing was very helpful and clear." -- Safa A.
- "This course gave me a structure to follow and because of this I gained more confidence and definitely more clarity in my writing. The instructor was pleasant and immediately responsive. What was most helpful to me was the additional reading material that reinforced what the lesson was about and other sites that will be helpful for a long time. The structure was great and the feedback helpful as well." -- Beverly H.
- "The entire course was helpful. She was by far the most available and helpful instructor I have had yet." -- Leigh S.
- "I found the whole course helpful, but I think one of the most helpful part was the lesson on "Showing not Telling"" -- Eric B.
- "I think that the course is wonderfully laid out. The links and assignments were on point and substantive." -- Mick M.
- "Entire course was helpful!...The instructor was just fabulous. She knows her material and is supportive. She also has consistently fast grading turn around." -- Cecil B.
- "What was most helpful was being able to access the materials 24/7. The instructor explained each lesson with good examples and links to further reading. I also loved the testing process." -- Harriet S.
- "I found the lessons to be very helpful, very well written." -- Rebecca J.