Testimonials for How to Write a Short Story
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
- "What was most helpful was being able to access the materials 24/7. The instructor explained each lesson with good examples and links to further reading. I also loved the testing process." -- Harriet S.
- "The instructor was very encouraging and helpful." -- Paul W.
- "I think this course was by far the most helpful for someone starting out in this area." -- Deborah K.
- "The entire course was helpful to me. She is a great instructor, I've had the chance to have for 2 courses I've taken. She was always available for questions and offered constructive instructions during these courses. I'm looking forward to having her as an instructor for other writing courses I will be taking." -- Joy K.
- "Good course. Hope to take more!" -- Kyle B.
- "I've had other story writing classes, but this one was by far the best. The way the instructor explained the steps of writing was very helpful and clear." -- Safa A.
- "The entire course was helpful. She was by far the most available and helpful instructor I have had yet." -- Leigh S.
- "I think that the course is wonderfully laid out. The links and assignments were on point and substantive." -- Mick M.
- "I found the lessons to be very helpful, very well written." -- Rebecca J.
- "What was most helpful was the thoroughness of it all." -- Cynthia S.
- "The assignments challenged me to apply the information presented in each lesson. I also appreciated the exams. This course helped me to develop a good foundation for short story writing by explaining the basic information that every writer should know. I am now very confident that I have the right foundation for future writing projects." -- Sherma C.
- "All parts were helpful. Identifying the parts of the short story or rather the components of a short story." -- Patricia L.
- "The instructor was very supportive, and downright inspiring!" -- Tyrone R.
- "This course gave me a structure to follow and because of this I gained more confidence and definitely more clarity in my writing. The instructor was pleasant and immediately responsive. What was most helpful to me was the additional reading material that reinforced what the lesson was about and other sites that will be helpful for a long time. The structure was great and the feedback helpful as well." -- Beverly H.
- "I found the whole course helpful, but I think one of the most helpful part was the lesson on "Showing not Telling"" -- Eric B.
- "Entire course was helpful!...The instructor was just fabulous. She knows her material and is supportive. She also has consistently fast grading turn around." -- Cecil B.