· Children learn to understand and manage their emotions, thoughts, and behavior.
· Children gain a healthy sense-of-self by feeling competent and accepted.
This course will introduce you to the major theories behind positive parenting. The importance of understanding key aspects of child development is explored. You will learn the importance of a close healthy parent-child relationship and how this can be achieved.
A major focus of positive parenting is effectively guiding children's behavior. You will learn how to do so with positive and peaceful discipline through setting limits, reinforcing appropriate behavior, and natural and logical consequences. This course covers fostering children's emotional intelligence as well as their cognitive abilities, both critically important to their well-being and success.
Parenting is a real-world experience so you will learn how to set up for success when using positive parenting and how to face challenges. The course includes an entire lesson just on positive parenting in action with authentic scenarios across childhood and adolescence.
This course is perfect for parents, and is also valuable for anyone who cares about and for children such as grandparents, caregivers, and educators. This course will give you the knowledge-base and concrete strategies to use positive parenting right away and with success.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define positive parenting.
- Describe major influences on positive parenting.
- Summarize the importance of understanding child development.
- Describe methods for establishing a close, healthy parent-child relationship.
- Recognize effectively guiding behavior.
- Identify ways to foster emotional intelligence.
- Define ways to cognitive abilities and education.
- Summarize challenges and roadblocks you may encounter when parenting.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Exam 1||10 points|
|Exam 2||10 points|
|Exam 3||10 points|
|Exam 4||10 points|
|Exam 5||12 points|
|Exam 6||10 points|
|Exam 7||10 points|
|Exam 8||10 points|
|Exam 9||10 points|
|Exam 10||10 points|
|The Final Exam||51 points|