Dream Interpretation 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
"A dream that is not interpreted is like a letter that has not been opened."
Across cultures and over the ages -- since the beginning of history -- dreams and their interpretation have both intrigued and bewildered people. From the ancient Greeks and Egyptians (and the peoples before them), to the Sigmund Freud's and Carl Jung's of this world and beyond.
That mysterious world we drift into and through, when we sleep, is bound by neither time nor space. It is a land where the impossible becomes possible, and the nonsensical appears completely plausible and practical.
IT IS THE LAND OF DREAMS that has neither boundaries nor limitations -- a land where you can, and do, achieve whatever you aim for.
BUT as with any other land you need to be able to understand, to be able to speak the language' and that is what this course is all about.
We do not claim to cover everything you will want or need to know -- that would be impossible to do and misleading to claim. But after completing the course you will most certainly have the knowledge to make basic sense of your dreams and the ability to begin interpreting them correctly. Fluency will come to you with time, experience and a broadening of your skills.
There is so much more we would have liked to include but the contents will most certainly ignite the torches within that will illuminate the way for you.
You will learn how to become your own dream interpreter!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Why We All Dream -- and Why We ShouldA dream well-dreamt can prompt us to question the world around us, what we are doing in it, how we view it, and what we do -- as well as defining what is real and what isn't.
Lesson 2: Dreaming Through HistoryThe point is that dreaming is a fundamental part of all our lives, one of the very few universal strands that unites the human race.
Lesson 3: Freud/Jung/PerlsDescribed by Sigmund Freud as the "royal road" to understanding the unconscious mind, dreams were the centerpiece of his highly controversial book, "The Interpretation of Dreams."
Lesson 4: Dream State, Levels, and LogicIn this lesson we will be covering several of the better known, and more widely acknowledged dream states, as well as some very important points in relation to levels of dreaming.
Lesson 5: Dreams Across the Cultural DivideDreaming is a truly universal experience; however, cultural and religious factors do play an important role in how people regard the significance and consequences of dreams.
Lesson 6: Your Own Dream LexiconOur dream pictures and feelings are generated by our unconscious, and for our own benefit; you can find comfort in that. Our unconscious talks directly to us through our dreams, one-to-one.
Lesson 7: Dream SymbolsThe messages contained in our dreams are typically conveyed as symbols -- representing an idea, concept, or emotion -- something that is difficult to put into actual words.
Lesson 8: Dreaming AboutYes, we often dream about things, and occurrences, that are common in our every day lives.
Lesson 9: Analyzing and Interpreting Your DreamsIn practically every culture, and during every age in our history, dreams have both enthralled and mystified us, inspiring us to find bigger and better ways to understand their implications.
Lesson 10: An Eclectic Approach to Dream InterpretationEverything changes over time, so naturally the approach to dreams and their interpretation is no exception.
Lesson 11: Dreaming CreativelyThe real meaning of what it is to be creative is frequently misunderstood, with so many people thinking and saying things like, "I'm not creative at all."
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Summarize why we dream and why we should dream.
- Summarize the interpretations of dreams throughout history.
- Compare and contrast the views of dreams by Freud, Jung, and Perls.
- Describe the Dream State.
- Compare and contrast dreams of different cultures.
- Identify your own dream lexicon.
- Identify and describe dream symbols.
- Analyze and interpret your dreams, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Why we all dream and why we should||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Dreaming through history||Exam||7|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Freud/Jung/Perls||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Dream states, levels and logic||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Dream across the cultural divide||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Your own dream lexicon||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Dream Symbols||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Dreaming about||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 Analyzing and Interpreting your dreams||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 An eclectic approach to dream interpretation||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Dreaming creatively||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||51|
- "The professor was excellent, personable and knowledgeable." -- Jill C.
- "I think this has been a wonderful experience and I liked my instructor and course so much I didn't want it to end. I thought the instructor was amazing." -- Debra H.
- "All lessons have something to offer me personally, so all were very helpful especially lesson 11 in Dream Incubation." -- Emmanuel O.
- "I found everything flowing and interesting." -- Roshan M.
- "Overall I had a fantastic experience with this course and learned even more than I expected too! I have a much broader understanding of dream interpretation now. I appreciated that the course included a wide range of topics and the information was thorough." -- Amy C.
- "I loved this course and wish there was a Dream Interpretation 201." -- Gwendolyn H.
- "I thought the course gave a good foundation for dreams. Also Carl Jung's theories stood out for me." -- Debbie E.
- View More Testimonials...