with CEU Certificate*
China is becoming a world power. The economy is booming. The people are prospering now more than ever before. On top of that, more and more Western companies are doing business with Chinese counterparts. We are seeing China appear more in our news, and we're seeing the country become a force in manufacturing and politics.
However, China is not a new up-and-comer in the world. It's a country that's thousands of years old and steeped in history and culture. From its beautiful landscapes, to its etiquette, and to its philosophical beliefs that influence daily life, China is a country whose ancient roots influence its modern society. It's a fascinating place to learn about… and easy to fall in love with.
This course was designed to teach you about Chinese culture today and the accepted behaviors of the Chinese people. You'll learn about the lifestyles of modern Chinese people, the philosophies that guide their lives, and get an in-depth glimpse into Chinese culture so that, if you visit, you'll fit right in.
You'll also learn:
- The history of China
- About the climate and terrain
- The ancient philosophies that still influence the culture and the people
- Day to day life in China
- The Chinese views on gender, family, and even foreigners (this may not be what you think)
- Regional cuisines that you may encounter
- Occupations and hobbies in China
- Religions in China
- About Chinese medicine
- Business etiquette and culture
- And much, much more.
If you're curious about China or are planning a visit either for business or pleasure, this course is a must-have. You can buy a travel guide in any bookstore. This course, however, will introduce you to the most important part of China: its people. You'll learn everything you want to know about their culture, and you'll get more than enough insight to be a welcome part of Chinese society during your visit.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: China: Its History, Land, and PeopleAs we study China's culture, which includes its history, people, religions, and government, we're going to be introduced to a country with a rich history, steeped in beautiful traditions and beliefs that have been contributing to our world for thousands o
Lesson 2: Attitudes About Foreigners, Gender, and FamilyIn this lesson, we are going to talk about the Chinese attitudes toward members of the opposite sex, foreigners, family, dating, and marriage.
Lesson 3: Lifestyles and Home LifeThe Chinese people are extremely hospitable. This lesson will help illustrate how the lifestyles and home life are relaxed and open.
Lesson 4: Government, Politics, and the MediaThis lesson will provide a brief overview of the political organization in China.
Lesson 5: Religions and RitualsA majority of the Chinese people are secular and atheist. Even with this being true, traditional festivals, beliefs, and rituals are still important to them.
Lesson 6: Chinese Values and AttitudesThe history of China is built around social order.
Lesson 7: Health and Well BeingIf you're visiting China and get sick during your stay, let the hotel staff know, and they will arrange a doctor's visit for you. This will involve a trip to the hospital.
Lesson 8: Food and DrinkThe people of China are very passionate about food. In this lesson we will discuss how food and food preparation is a serious part of daily life.
Lesson 9: Culture and NightlifeCity life and shopping is a non stop activity. This lesson will also describe other cultural aspect of the lifestyles in China.
Lesson 10: Business CultureThe worst thing you could do is go to China with a superior attitude or manner. The Chinese are very proud of their country, and their confidence in it is growing.
Lesson 11: Banquets and EventsA banquet in China is an event where there is a required behavior. Knowing and following the behavior can make you a good guest.
Lesson 12: CommunicatingCommunicating in China has always been difficult because of the geography and transportation obstacles in this large country.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize China as a country.
- Describe Chinese attitudes about foreigners, gender, and family.
- Summarize Chinese lifestyles and home life.
- Summarize Chinese government, politics, religions, rituals, values, attitudes, and the media.
- Summarize health and well being in China.
- Describe culture and nightlife in China.
- Describe business culture in China, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: China: Its History, Land, and People||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Attitudes on Foreigners, Gender, and Family||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Lifestyles and Home Life||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Government, Politics, and the Media||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Religions and Rituals||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Chinese Values and Attitudes||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Health and Well Being||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Food and Drink||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Culture and Nightlife||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Business Culture||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Banquets and Events||Exam||10|
|The Final Assignment||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 12: Communicating||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||60|
- Travel Writing 101$90.001.0 CEUs
- Hinduism 101: An Introduction$75.000.9 CEUs
- Buddhism 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Tex Mex Cooking 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Christianity 101: An Introduction$105.001.0 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.4 CEUs
- Italian Cooking 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Greek Mythology$75.000.7 CEUs
- World Religions 101$75.000.9 CEUs