This course is a training guide for the new manager of an accounts payable department. It will help you step into your new role and take a commanding and successful lead. This course will take what you know and enhance it by adding management principles to those practices. Accounts payable is not just processing checks, mailing them and then filing the backup paperwork. To truly manage accounts payable, you must understand all parts of the department including but not limited to customer service, vendor management, check requests and POs.
This course will discuss how to handle invoices; check processing; preventing errors; annual audits; and technology uses in the department. Learn all about the best practices to adapt for your A/P department, PLUS, get expert advise from a well-seasoned disbursement manager with many years of A/P experience.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and summarize the Accounts Payable Management job.
- Handle invoices correctly and employ the necessary checks and balances.
- Process checks correctly while employing the necessary checks and balances.
- Prevent errors and common mistakes.
- Provide good customer service, create internal controls, and prepare the department for the annual audit.
- Detect and prevent fraud from vendors and employees.
- Use technology in Accounts Payable to make the job more efficient.
- Identify ways to use the Internet in Accounts Payable.
- Summarize the processes involved in Master Vendor Files.
- Avoid problems caused by discounts and other deductions.
- Know what to do with independent consultants.
- Process 1099s.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Manager Role||2 points|
|Invoice Process||1 points|
|Steps for an Invoice||2 points|
|Steps for Check Processing||1 points|
|Rush Checks||2 points|
|Assignment 1||2 points|
|Exam 5||70 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||90 points|
|Using the Cloud||2 points|
|Master Vendor File||2 points|
|Master Vendor||70 points|
|Deductions and Discounts||60 points|
|1099 and master vendor list||2 points|
|Accounting for What I Have Learned...||2 points|
Online Class: Global Anti-Corruption and Bribery
Microsoft Excel Courses
How to Choose the Right Textbooks for Your ESL Course
Personal Finance Courses
Do You Have What it Takes to be a Product Manager?
Project Management Courses
Online Class: Innovative Thinking
Applying Algebra to Geometry
Online Class: Microsoft Project 2019
Workplace Violence Details and Facts
Business Ethics Courses
Online Class: Organizational Behavior in Business
How to Think Like a Millionaire
Online Class: Ultimate Secretary Training Bundle
The Impact Globally of Workplace Violence
Business Writing Courses
Online Class: Human Resources Productivity Course Bundle
Operations Management Courses