We're sorry, this course is
not open for enrollment.
How would you like to be your own detective?
Are you interested in tracking down someone who owes you money, or getting information from credit bureaus or locating lost children or friends, or finding out whether a spouse or lover is being faithful or do you want to learn more about one of the fastest growing careers? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then this is the perfect course for you! Through this private investigator course you will be given the tools to perform searches over the internet, the skills to assess public records online and the methods for performing background investigations. The class will include real life examples from actual private investigators. So if sleuthing is something that intrigues you, join this self-paced online course.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Why Become Your Own Private InvestigatorThe real life of a private investigator is revealed in this lesson. Both the good and bad news.
Lesson 2: Tools Needed to be a Successful PIThis lesson will provide a detailed account of the equipment needed along with some "field" advice about what does and does not work.
Lesson 3: Exercises to Develop Investigation SkillsInvestigation skills are critical to your success, and there are simple exercises you can do to gain new skills and improve the ones you have.
Lesson 4: Exercises to Develop Observation SkillsIn this lesson, we'll spend time discussing the importance of observation to the field of private investigation.
Lesson 5: How To Do Searches On The InternetLearn how to do high-quality, detailed searches on line to find out information about someone.
Lesson 6: The Rich Sources of Information Found in Public RecordsIn this lesson you will learn how to access and make use of all the information presented in online public records.
Lesson 7: Background ChecksPut all this information together presented in previous lessons to perform a background check in order to paint a realistic picture of your subject.
Lesson 8: Electronic Surveillance EquipmentThere are some key pieces of surveillance equipment that will make your job much easier.
Lesson 9: Surveillance in the HomeSurveillance is one of the best ways to obtain convincing evidence.
Lesson 10: The AffairIn this lesson, you will learn the basic signs of a cheating spouse.
Lesson 11: The RunawayRunaways are different that forcible abductions and other missing person cases in that the person has chosen to disappear.
Lesson 12: TheftTheft and loss prevention is another service a Private Investigator might provide.
Lesson 13: The Judicial SystemDo your homework to determine where the line is between legality and illegality - and then commit to staying on the legal side!
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- Contract Law 101 - An Introduction$75.001.0 CEUs
- Legal Terminology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse 101$90.000.7 CEUs
- Negotiation Skills$75.000.8 CEUs
- Domestic Violence 101$110.001.0 CEUs
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$110.001.8 CEUs
- Paralegal Studies 101: Career Overview$70.001.5 CEUs
- Magick Basics$55.000.9 CEUs
- Wicca 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Paranormal Investigation 101$55.000.6 CEUs
- Criminology Basics$60.000.6 CEUs