- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.0 CEUs :: 10 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
If you have a talent for organizing and want to find out how to set up your own Professional Organizing business, then this course is where you need to begin. Not only will answers be provided on what a professional organizer is, potential earnings and possible clientele, and various organizing tips; this course will also provide information about available resources and how to begin the nuts and bolts of writing up your business goals. Provided Marketing strategies and tips will wrap up this informative course and get you ready to begin!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1- What Is a Professional Organizer?This introductory lesson will first go over the who, what, when, where, and why of becoming/being a professional organizer.
Lesson 2 - Essential Characteristics of a Successful Professional OrganizerIn this lesson, we will explore the skills needed to become a professional organizer.
Lesson 3 - Popular Organizing TechniquesIn this lesson, we will go over four popular organizing techniques that a professional organizer must be familiar with. This will include filing systems, successful ways to attack your day, tips for dealing with clutter, and keeping your finances in order
Lesson 4- How to Organize the IndividualIn this lesson, we will go over some organizing techniques used by professional organizers to organize the individual.
Lesson 5- How to Organize a HomeIn this lesson, we will go over some organizing techniques used to organize a home, such as: dealing with clutter, creating a system for your mail, keeping closets organized, getting your kitchen cabinets and drawers in order, etc.
Lesson 6 - How to Organize a BusinessIn this lesson, we will go over some techniques used to organize a business, such as: creating a filing system that works [different from a personal system], scheduling clients/appointments, not double-booking, keeping up with office supplies.
Lesson 7- Everything You Need To Start Your Own Professional Organizing BusinessIn this lesson we will provide a list of several different sources you can rely on to become a successful professional organizer. This will include print and internet resources, as well as professional organizations and small business information.
Lesson 8 - Setting Up Your Professional Organizing BusinessIn this lesson, we will go over time management, pricing, sample contracts, and keeping your books.
Lesson 9 - Marketing Your Professional Organizing BusinessThis lesson will include a sample marketing plan, different marketing techniques, creative ways to sell your services, and ways to get exposure/publicity on a shoe-string budget.
Lesson 10 - ConclusionThis will include a brief summary of the different information that has been covered in this course, as well as a bulleted list of things the reader should now be able to accomplish with little to no trouble.
Average Lesson Rating: (2018 votes)
10 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Professional Organizer Training
Course Number: 30140
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: organizingservice.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Cathleen Chouinard
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $44.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $69.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a professional organizer does.
- Describe essential characteristics of a successful professional organizer.
- Define popular organizing techniques.
- Describe how to organize the individual.
- Describe how to organize a home.
- Describe how to organize a business.
- Describe the requirements for starting an organizing business.
- Describe marketing a professional organizing business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Assignment 1: Why do you want to be a Professional Organizer||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 1 On What is a Professional Organizer?||Exam||55|
|Assignment 2A: The Importance of Listening and Hearing Skills||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 2B: Applying Skills||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 2 On Essential Skills||Exam||60|
|Assignment 3: Your Organizational Technique||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 3 On Organizational Techniques||Exam||50|
|Assignment 4: Ideas for Personal Organization||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 4B: Unique Personal Solutions||Assignment||10|
|Quiz 4 On Personal Organization||Exam||60|
|Assignment 5: Search for Storage Ideas||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 5 On Organizing The Home||Exam||50|
|Assignment 6: How To Organize a Business Ideas||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 6 On Organizing a Business||Exam||50|
|Assignment 7: Expand Your Inventory||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 8A: Begin to Set Up Your Business||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 7 On Setting Up a Business||Exam||60|
|Assignment 9(A): Advertising Ideas||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 9 (B): Your Marketing Plan||Assignment||25|
- How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home$60.000.7 CEUs
- Clutter Control 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Housekeeping 101$50.000.6 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Interior Decorating Made Easy$70.000.8 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Understanding and Managing Your Credit Report$65.001.4 CEUs
- Contract Law 101 - An Introduction$75.001.0 CEUs
- Legal Terminology 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Business Budgeting 101: How to Plan, Save, and Manage$60.001.0 CEUs
- Estate Planning$60.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Retirement Planning$55.001.1 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101$54.001.5 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.001.0 CEUs
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction$65.001.0 CEUs
- Feng Shui 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties$95.001.1 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs