Professional Organizer Training
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
have taken this course
If you have a talent for organizing and want to find out how to set up your own Professional Organizing business, then this course is where you need to begin. Not only will answers be provided on what a professional organizer is, potential earnings and possible clientele, and various organizing tips; this course will also provide information about available resources and how to begin the nuts and bolts of writing up your business goals. Provided Marketing strategies and tips will wrap up this informative course and get you ready to begin!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1- What Is a Professional Organizer?This introductory lesson will first go over the who, what, when, where, and why of becoming/being a professional organizer.
Lesson 2 - Essential Characteristics of a Successful Professional OrganizerIn this lesson, we will explore the skills needed to become a professional organizer.
Lesson 3 - Popular Organizing TechniquesIn this lesson, we will go over four popular organizing techniques that a professional organizer must be familiar with. This will include filing systems, successful ways to attack your day, tips for dealing with clutter, and keeping your finances in order
Lesson 4- How to Organize the IndividualIn this lesson, we will go over some organizing techniques used by professional organizers to organize the individual.
Lesson 5- How to Organize a HomeIn this lesson, we will go over some organizing techniques used to organize a home, such as: dealing with clutter, creating a system for your mail, keeping closets organized, getting your kitchen cabinets and drawers in order, etc.
Lesson 6 - How to Organize a BusinessIn this lesson, we will go over some techniques used to organize a business, such as: creating a filing system that works [different from a personal system], scheduling clients/appointments, not double-booking, keeping up with office supplies.
Lesson 7- Everything You Need To Start Your Own Professional Organizing BusinessIn this lesson we will provide a list of several different sources you can rely on to become a successful professional organizer. This will include print and internet resources, as well as professional organizations and small business information.
Lesson 8 - Setting Up Your Professional Organizing BusinessIn this lesson, we will go over time management, pricing, sample contracts, and keeping your books.
Lesson 9 - Marketing Your Professional Organizing BusinessThis lesson will include a sample marketing plan, different marketing techniques, creative ways to sell your services, and ways to get exposure/publicity on a shoe-string budget.
Lesson 10 - ConclusionThis will include a brief summary of the different information that has been covered in this course, as well as a bulleted list of things the reader should now be able to accomplish with little to no trouble.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Professional Organizer TrainingCourse Number: 30140Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Professional DevelopmentCEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: organizingservice.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Cathleen ChouinardSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $55.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $80.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a professional organizer does.
- Describe essential characteristics of a successful professional organizer.
- Define popular organizing techniques.
- Describe how to organize the individual.
- Describe how to organize a home.
- Describe how to organize a business.
- Describe the requirements for starting an organizing business.
- Describe marketing a professional organizing business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Assignment 1: Why do you want to be a Professional Organizer Assignment 25 Quiz 1 On What is a Professional Organizer? Exam 55 Assignment 2A: The Importance of Listening and Hearing Skills Assignment 25 Assignment 2B: Applying Skills Assignment 25 Quiz 2 On Essential Skills Exam 60 Assignment 3: Your Organizational Technique Assignment 25 Quiz 3 On Organizational Techniques Exam 50 Assignment 4: Ideas for Personal Organization Assignment 25 Assignment 4A Assignment 10 Assignment 4B: Unique Personal Solutions Assignment 10 Quiz 4 On Personal Organization Exam 60 Assignment 5: Search for Storage Ideas Assignment 25 Quiz 5 On Organizing The Home Exam 50 Assignment 6: How To Organize a Business Ideas Assignment 25 Quiz 6 On Organizing a Business Exam 50 Assignment 7: Expand Your Inventory Assignment 25 Assignment 8A: Begin to Set Up Your Business Assignment 25 Assignment 8b Assignment 20 Quiz 7 On Setting Up a Business Exam 60 Assignment 9(A): Advertising Ideas Assignment 25 Assignment 9 (B): Your Marketing Plan Assignment 25 Final Review Exam 85 Total Points: 785
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$55for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$80for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "The instructor is very good about responding quickly and she takes time to personalize her comments....Very good course. I really learned a lot and was challenged to get to work." -- Debra B.
- "I found it all helpful....It was a course that gets you to realize that you need to be creative and think on your feet and never stop learning or finding new ways to solve problems and grow. The instructor was very friendly and helpful; a talented teacher." -- Vikki G.
- "I really did enjoy the instructor, she was very personal, after awhile I felt as if I knew her." -- Julia G.
- "Thank you for this experience. I learned a lot and now have a much better understanding of what it takes to become a Professional Organizer. Thank you." -- Jaclyn B.
- "The instructor was great, help and was very quickly respond." -- Juliana K.
- "I was apprehensive about paying for an online course in case the course was marked by a computer generated instructor. Every time I e-mailed a question to the instructor, she would reply the next business day with very clear explanations related to my questions. Throughout the course I felt that the instructor was carefully reviewing all of my assignments; I fully perceived her comments to be sincere. Her critique was very helpful and I appreciated her advice. The course was of great benefit to me. I should have taken this course before I started my Professional Organizing business. I feel that I am now much better prepared to offer clients my services as required." -- Darlene R.
- "Everything was very helpful and easy to understand....Great experience, it was awesome." -- Laura E.
- View More Testimonials...